Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Interesting Quote

  • Jo Ann Schwartz
    Message 1 of 43 , Jul 1, 2006
      Nah, he's saying RJ Stewart is not someone to whom you should pay attention, because
      he "teaches magic and stuff."

      YMMV.

      Cheers,
      JoAnn

      http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D22740&_t=751140432&_r=emailtagline_meetsexy_june&_m=EXT

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
      *****Cheney delenda est!*****
    • Frank Smith
      Message 43 of 43 , Jul 15, 2006
        Hi, Stephen,
        Nice to hear from you again. It would be nicer still if I knew what the fuck you're saying. So could you please condense, edit out anthro-psycho-babble, and re-submit?
        Thanks.
        Frank

        On 7/10/06, Stephen Clarke <mozartg@...> wrote:
        Dear Frank:

        Ha!

        List-discussions do bring out the Double in one; you are "bingo" on
        that!  Now we could llok at our own posts as if through the eyes of
        another, what revelations could be found, what material for self-
        humbling!  And, oh, yes, I include myself.

        But note: this medium not only inflates one's own double-tendencies,
        it can also infect one with turbulent and divisive tendencies which
        one would not normally "channel." Check Steiner on the subnatural
        undertow.

        And: Steiner has described how certain adversarial beings, held in
        check by a combination of cosmic law and lack of personal free will,
        agitate free humans to do their dirty work for them; to act out their
        dark fantasies. Luciferic abstraction and crusading idealism can all-
        too-easily flip into its Ahrimanic opposite - if we didn't learn this
        from Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, and Lenin, not to mention whatever failed
        gurus we like to think of, well, then, what can I say.

        Men and women of good will can disgaree about all kinds of
        substantive issues - and most will be "right", according to their own
        mix of information and personal experience.  But look at _how_ these
        things are discussed...there a second level of discourse - the real
        one - is exposed!

        Beware! This dreck can be a vortex for an active emitting of exactly
        those tendencies which are inimical to the spirit of any progressive
        spirituality. To what wheel do you wish to lend your shoulder: to one
        that grinds and smashes or to one that carries everyone forward?

        Frank: you are sometimes stubborn on issues which I think are settled
        counter to your opinion ( e.g.: I think that the Official
        Explanations are frequently the biggest and least
        believable "conspiracy theories" of all; frequently their only virtue
        is a superficial simplicity; "Go back to sleep"), but I'll take a
        stubborn rationality over a credulous fanatacism any day. That kind
        of thing should be put well in check _before_ any serious spiritual
        work is undertaken.

        oh well, cheers,

        Stephen

        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com , "Frank Smith"
        <ftsster@...> wrote:

        > On 7/7/06, Steve Hale <sardisian01@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com , "Frank Smith"
        > > <ftsster@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Steve H. wrote:
        > > > "jackass". Later, waving his arms desperately like a windmill,
        he
        > > cried:
        > > > "You jackass!" both times directing his infantile venom towards
        > > the noble
        > > > Don Q. Q, however, does not consider this an insult, for he
        knows
        > > that the
        > > > jackass is a noble animal:
        > >
        > > What you consider infantile, I take seriously; which is why we'll
        > > never, ever have a truly serious and sincere discussion.  Ever.
        And

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/I3dslB/TM

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --