PoF and clairvoyance

  • Joel Wendt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2006
      Dottie writes:

      "My point was to say that one can tell, at least those who pay close
      attention, that his thinking is piercing the spiritual worlds. It is an
      objective thinking/experience that I think Philosophy of Freedom brings
      about. There is this literal piercing through to the other side vai the
      thinking
      and the feeling and the willing."

      Dottie,

      Once again your inexperience with PoF betrays your conclusions
      here. PoF does not lead to initiation. If you were to read Lecture 12,
      in the John Gospel Cycle, The Nature of the Virgin Sophia and the Holy
      Spirit, Steiner gives us to understand that PoF leads to katharsis or
      purification of the astral body. PoF does lead to "it thinks in me",
      but this is not a clairvoyant experience, only an experience (as
      described in Occult Science) of the spiritual world as a thought-world.

      My experience is not of the Beings directly, but of the "garments",
      the thought-substance in which they clothe themselves. It would take an
      unjustified "leap" in thinking to assume from this experience something
      of the real inner nature of such Beings and their activities. Rather
      they touch us, in answer to our questions, and thinking
      perceives/receives a kind of luminous knowledge to go with the objects
      of experience with which our subjectivity is engaged.

      To go from PoF to clairvoyance involves (according to the above
      lecture) working with verses 1-14 of the John Gospel, at which point the
      initiation experience will/may arise in which Christ initiates us by
      imprinting this purified astral body on the seed organs of clairvoyance
      in the etheric body, opening them.

      It would be pure speculation on your part to think you can know what
      Dennis's state of soul is/was in this regard. This PoF Way is not by
      any means the only way to initiation in Anthroposophy. If you really
      want to know this about Dennis, I suggest you ask him in a private
      conversation.

      joel