Re: oh gnomic Bradford!

  • Steve Hale
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Joel Wendt
      <hermit@...> wrote:

      > Bradford clairvoyantly (?) asserts:
      >
      > "Gnomes laugh to scorn the ponderous pompasity with which our
      beloved
      > Joel shakes his fist at the kids playing in the School yard."
      >
      > Having conversations with the elemental beings are we now? Or are
      you
      > just using them as a mask behind which to hide your own
      Swiftboating of
      > others?
      >
      > Reads like a fib to me. No, that's not quite it, its pseudo
      spiritual
      > bullshit! Anybody seen my hipboots? It is really getting deep
      in here.

      > joel

      Joel, have you ever heard the story of Aladdin and the Magic Lamp?
      Aladdin earns a lamp and a ring with which he controls and imprisons
      two nature spirits, i.e., jinni, who must use their own cleverness
      in order to win their freedom through the granting of three wishes.

      Well, this whole tale from the Arabian Nights represents a metaphor
      for Gondeshapur, where the transplanted Academy of Plato sought
      refuge after being order closed by the Byzantine Emperor, Justinian.

      And what this means today is that any true perception of Nature
      Spirits involves experiencing their pain and travail at the hands of
      the prevailing arabism that has infected the world with its nature
      subjugating aims ever since a premature form of consciousness soul
      was brought from our time into the fourth epoch at that point on the
      map, c.666 AD.

      Steve