Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] UNESCO performance showcases talents of special-needs students

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2006
      Dear Serena, thank you so much for sharing this with
      us. Last weekend I attended a Saint John Festival up
      in Santa Cruz. It was a wonderful experience and
      called to mind my early teen years wherein I
      interacted and was befriended by special needs adults.

      What I really found wonderful is the way in which
      these special needs friends are treated as one of us
      as that is exactly what they are. They partipicated in
      the play, the preparing of the food, the cleaning up
      afterwards, the salsa dancing parterning and so much
      more. The idea of feeling sorry for any of them would
      just be so non understanding of the gift we give to
      one another.

      Thanks Serena,
      Dottie

      _http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?edition_id=10&categ_id=4&article_id=7