Re: Faith etc.

  • nadmateescu
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 23, 2006
      Joel brought :

      "These are personal, complex, deeply karmic and carefully and
      artistically overseen by those higher beings who follow the lead of
      Christ. Our biographies are woven of such intimacy and such intricacy
      that the outer belief doctines only serve the purpose of orientation
      so that those who need to meet each other in this life, find each
      other in the right context and out of the right and needed sense of

      We have found also, regarding aspect of death by cyanide, the
      personal destiny of Fritz Haber, chemist, researcher and father of
      chemical warfare :

      "Gas warfare in WWI was, in a sense, the war of the chemists, with
      Haber pitted against French Nobel laureate chemist Victor Grignard.
      His wife opposed his work on poison gas and committed suicide with
      his service weapon at a dinner party in tribute to his having
      personally overseen the first successful use of chlorine in Ypres.
      She shot herself in the heart, and died in the morning. That same
      morning, Haber left for the Eastern Front to oversee gas release
      against the Russians. Haber was a patriotic German who was proud of
      his service in World War I, for which he was decorated. He was even
      given the rank of Captain by the Kaiser, a rare thing for a
      scientist too old to enlist in military service"

      His efforts in bringing all his best in suporting his Motherland,
      Germany, in the war, reflects some other interesting facts, that it
      can be usefull with the Light of Spiritual Science :

      "He was also active in the research of combustion reactions, the
      separation of gold from sea water"

      The separation of gold from the seawater...
      In his devotion to Germany, "he had converted from Judaism in an
      effort to become fully accepted, he was forced to emigrate from
      Germany by the Nazis in 1933 on account of his being Jewish in their
      eyes. He struggled to cope with the new reality that his enormous
      contributions to German industry were not enough to prevent his
      vilification by the Nazi regime. He moved to Cambridge, England, for
      a few months, and considered a position in Rehovot, Palestinian
      British Mandate (now Israel), but never settled anywhere
      permanently. He died of heart failure, aged 65, in a hotel in Basel,
      on his way to a convalescent retreat in Switzerland.
      Haber's immediate family also left Germany. His second wife,
      Charlotte, with their two children, settled in England. Haber's son,
      Hermann, from his first marriage emigrated to the United States
      during World War II. He committed suicide in 1946. Members of
      Haber's extended family died in concentration camps through the use
      of his invention, Zyklon B.
      A fictional portrait of Haber's life, and in particular his longtime
      relationship with Albert Einstein, appears in Vern Thiessen's 2003
      play, Einstein's Gift. Thiessen portrays Haber as a tragic figure
      who strives unsuccessfully throughout his life to evade both his
      Jewish background and the moral implications of his scientific
      contributions. "

      Now, we may consider another example :

      "Spiritualization of the third area, the will, is especially
      difficult because the will is unconsciousness. Using the example of
      biography, I would like to demonstrate how an expansion is possible
      through inner cognition. Hiltgunt Zassenhaus was selflessly engaged
      in helping those persecuted by Hitler's regime. In her
      autobiography, A Tree Blooms in November, she described how her
      constant attention to the welfare of others brought her to the brink
      of exhaustion and led her to sharply judge her fellow human beings
      according to their dedication and, as need be, mercilessly condemn
      She was a translator and given the duty by the Nazi Regime to oversee
      all the Scandinavian political prisoners. In a military uniform,
      armed with the keys to the prison, day after day she cared for these
      prisoners both physically and psychologically. Thanks to her care
      and dedication, shortly before the end of the war, all of the
      prisoners were saved from execution and with the help of the Danish
      and Swedish Red Cross taken to Scandinavia.
      In her autobiography, Hiltgunt Zassenhaus looks back at this wartime
      with brutal honesty and describes how her readiness for sacrifice
      also made her overbearing. She felt superior to all her compatriots
      who had silently accepted the injustice of the Nazis, consciously
      looked away, remained passive, or even complied with the Nazis. A
      dramatic experience in her life precipitated a fundamental change of
      heart. Her brother was a physician and sent to the front for duty.
      He came home for a few days leave. The siblings felt an inner
      connection to each other and for this reason he sought her out to
      discuss everything he had experienced and suffered. But Hiltgunt had
      so much to do with "her prisoners" at that time that she never found
      the time for a talk with her brother. Disappointed, her brother
      returned to the war, and just a few weeks later he was killed.
      When Hiltgunt received the news of his death, not only was she
      overcome with a deep sadness, but also an agonizing bad conscience
      and the devastating feeling of failure. She gained understanding for
      the weaknesses and failures of others through her own experiences of
      making such sacrifices to do good while at the same time miserably
      and irrevocably failing to make time for her dearly-loved brother.
      Through her own failure she learned to allow others the right to
      fail. The more she overcame her tendency to judge others based on
      good and evil, the more tolerant she became and the more freedom she
      could give to herself and others to make mistakes and learn from
      those mistakes. From the narrowness of judgment, Hiltgunt reached a
      level in which acting in freedom was possible.

      For the majority of us, destiny is the same blind fate, and in fact,
      what Bradford brought, Joel and Steve Hale said on this list, may be
      experienced from the same wonderfull book of enlightening the past,
      finding the present, and instreaming the future as Joel's beautifull
      regard as the "moral grace".

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Joel Wendt