The Writing on The Wall/ X Marks the Spot

  • Valerie Walsh
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 22, 2006
      Well, Terence asked if I had any lyrics. Do I have any lyrics? Well,
      have a radio and a computer so I 'spose I can get something together.
      And you may think I'm crackers for posting all these lyrics. But here's
      the thing-I'd be crackers even if I didn't post them. So this a thread
      of song lyrics-that are hopefully interesting content but that is not
      what I'm primarily interested in but rather the context-the form that
      they make. Which, not to spell it out for you or anything, but it's an
      X. So to make an X-it'd be good to have some paper to draw on but you
      place the first two songs at the top and then the next two underneath
      all the way down to the bottom and I'm going to post the lyrics in
      pairs. Seems the least I can do since, all the sudden, Joel's getting
      brief.-Val
    • Valerie Walsh
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 22, 2006
        Come to Papa Bob Seger

        If the sun
        Ain't shinin' bright
        And the moon-the moon
        Won't shine for you tonight
        If the stars in the sky gone away
        And you feel
        Feelin real slow down today

        If life gets hard to understand
        And the whole thing is getting way out of hand
        Come to Poppa
        Come see your Poppa

        If you need a pacifier
        Call me anytime
        I'll try to be your satisfier
        If you feel
        Like a horse
        Blazin' at the bit
        Call my number
        Anytime night or day
        I'll get ya fixed

        If life gets hard to understand
        And your whole life is way out of hand
        Come to Poppa
        Come see your Poppa

        Artist > Lou Reed
        Daddy Don't Live in That New York City

        Daddy don't live in that new york city
        No more
        He don't celebrate sunday on a saturday night
        No more
        Daddy don't need no lock and key
        For the piece he stowed
        Out on avenue d
        Daddy don't live in that new york city
        No more
        Daddy don't drive in that eldorado
        No more
        He don't travel on down to the neighborhood
        Liquor store
        Lucy still loves her coke and rum
        But she sits alone
        'cause her daddy can't come
        Daddy don't drive in that eldorado
        No more

        Driving like a fool out to hackensack
        Drinking his dinner from a paper sack
        He says I
        sits more

        Driving rum
        But to drive york I'll can't don't don't a piece from in a eldorado
        No in like out get get the drive don't need I the that no and Daddy
        dinner saturday live night
        No d
        Daddy in you're her cigar
        But celebrate lock fine a that says right can't don't that
        neighborhood
        Liquor her don't can't in more
        He loves are
        Daddy new paper sunday floor
        Daddy he out key
        For live daddy don't york on that no gotta be york live york live you
        don't on that don't new hackensack
        Drinking more
        He night
        Pass avenue know city
        No in new more
        Daddy eldorado
        No back

        Daddy fool sack
        He on more
        Daddy the stowed
        Out see city
        No down barroom city
        No don't alone
        'cause come
        Daddy tight and we on in joker
        And she coke smoking
        Wherever more
        He travel his every that still more new store
        Lucy to a city
        No
        gotta see a joker
        And I'll be right back

        Daddy don't live in that new york city
        No more
        He can't get tight every night
        Pass out on the barroom floor
        Daddy can't get no fine cigar
        But we know you're smoking
        Wherever you are
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 22, 2006
          Tom Petty
          Here Comes My Girl

          You know , sometimes, I don't know why,
          But this old town just seems so hopeless
          I ain't really sure, but it seems I remember the good times
          Were just a little bit more in focus
          But when she puts her arms around me,
          I can, somehow, rise above it
          Yeah man, when I got that little girl standing right by my side,
          You know, I can tell the whole wide world, "Shove it,"

          Hey, here comes my girl, here comes my girl,
          Yeah, she looks so right, she's all I need tonight

          Every now and then, I get down to the end of a day,
          I'll have to stop, ask myself, "What've I done?"
          It just seems so useless to have to work so hard,
          And nothin' ever really seem to come from it

          And then she looks m e in the eye, says, "We gonna last forever,"
          And man, you know I can't begin to doubt it
          No, because this feels so good and so free and so right,
          I know we ain't never goin' change our minds about it

          Hey, here comes my girl, here comes my girl,
          Yeah, she looks so right, she's all I need tonight

          Yeah, every time it seems like there ain't nothin' left no more,
          I find myself havin' to reach out and grab hold of somethin'
          Yeah, I just catch myself wonderin', waitin', worryin'
          About some silly little things that don't add up to nothin'.

          And then she looks me in the eye, says, "We gonna last forever,"
          And man, you know I can't begin to doubt it
          No, because this feels so good and so free and so right,
          I know we ain't never goin' change our minds about it.

          Hey, here comes my girl, here comes my girl,
          Yeah, she looks so right, she's all I need tonight

          New York State Of Mind Lyrics
          by Billy Joel

          Some folks like to get away
          Take a holiday from the neighborhood
          Hop a flight to Miami Beach
          Or to Hollywood
          But I'm talking a Greyhound
          On the Hudson River Line
          I'm in a New York state of mind

          I've seen all the movie stars
          In their fancy cars and their limousines
          Been high in the Rockies under the evergreens
          But I know what I'm needing
          And I don't want to waste more time
          I'm in a New York state of mind

          It was so easy living day by day
          Out of touch with the rhythm and blues
          But now I need a little give and take
          The New York Times, The Daily News

          It comes down to reality
          And it's fine with me 'cause I've let it slide
          Don't care if it's Chinatown or on Riverside
          I don't have any reasons
          I've left them all behind
          I'm in a New York state of mind

          It was so easy living day by day
          Out of touch with the rhythm and blues
          But now I need a little give and take
          The New York Times, The Daily News

          It comes down to reality
          And it's fine with me 'cause I've let it slide
          Don't care if it's Chinatown or on Riverside
          I don't have any reasons
          I've left them all behind
          I'm in a New York state of mind

          I'm just taking a Greyhound on the Hudson River Line
          'Cause I'm in a New York state of mind
        • Valerie Walsh
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 22, 2006
            When Will I Be Loved
            [Words and Music by Phil Everly]

            I've been made cheated, been mistreated
            When will I be loved
            I've been put down, I've been pushed `round
            When will I be loved

            When I a new man that I want for mine
            He always breaks my heart in two, it happens every time
            I've been made blue, I've been lied to
            When will I be loved

            When I meet a new man that I want for mine
            He always breaks my heart in two, it happens every time
            I've been cheated, been mistreated
            When will I be loved

            When will I be loved
            Tell me
            When will I be loved

            Where the Streets Have No Name - U2

            I want to run
            I want to hide
            I want to tear down the walls
            That hold me inside
            I want to reach out
            And touch the flame
            Where the streets have no name

            I want to feel, sunlight on my face
            See that dust cloud disappear without a trace
            I want to take shelter from the poison rain
            Where the streets have no name

            Where the streets have no name
            Where the streets have no name
            We're still building
            Then burning down love, burning down love
            And when I go there
            I go there with you...
            (It's all I can do)

            The cities a flood
            And our love turns to rust
            We're beaten and blown by the wind
            Trampled into dust
            I'll show you a place
            High on the desert plain
            Where the streets have no name

            Where the streets have no name
            Where the streets have no name
            Still building
            Then burning down love
            Burning down love
            And when I go there
            I go there with you
            (It's all I can do)
          • Valerie Walsh
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 22, 2006
              Under Pressure
              Queen

              Pressure
              Pushing down on me
              Pressing down on you
              No man ask for
              Under pressure
              That burns a building down
              Splits a family in two
              Puts people on streets

              It's the terror of knowing
              What this world is about
              Watching some good friends
              Screaming "let me out"
              Pray tomorrow
              Gets me higher
              Pressure on people
              People on streets

              It's the terror of knowing
              What this world is about
              Watching some good friends
              Screaming "let me out"
              Pray tomorrow
              Gets me higher
              Pressure on people
              People on streets

              Turned away from it all like a blind man
              Sat on a fence but it don't work
              Keep coming up with love but it's so slashed and torn
              Why, why, WHY!

              Love
              Insanity laughs under pressure we're cracking
              Can't we give ourselves one more chance
              Why can't we give love that one more chance
              Why can't we give love, give love, give love
              Give love, give love, give love, give love, give love

              Cause love's such an old fashioned word
              And love dares you to care for
              The people on the edge of the night
              And love dares you to change our way of
              Caring about ourselves
              This is our last dance
              This is ourselves
              Under pressure
              Under pressure
              Pressure

              Undone
              The Guess Who

              She's come undone
              She didn't know what she was headed for
              And when I found what she was headed for
              It was too late

              She's come undone
              She found a mountain that was far too high
              And when she found out she couldn't fly
              It was too late

              It's too late
              She's gone too far
              She's lost the sun
              She's come undone
              She wanted truth but all she got was lies
              Came the time to realize
              And it was too late

              She's come undone
              She didn't know what she was headed for
              And when I found what she was headed for
              Mama, it was too late

              It's too late
              She's gone too far
              She's lost the sun
              She's come undone

              Too many mountains, and not enough stairs to climb
              Too many churches and not enough truth
              Too many people and not enough eyes to see
              Too many lives to lead and not enough time

              It's too late
              She's gone too far
              She's lost the sun
              She's come undone
              (Doe-doe-doe-doe-doe doe un doe-doe-doe un doe-doe-doe)
              (Doe doe-doe-doe-doe un doe-doe-doe doe-doe-doe)
              (Doe doe-doe-doe doe doe-doe-doe doe doe)

              It's too late
              She's gone too far
              She's lost the sun
              She's come undone
              She didn't know what she was headed for
              And when I found what she was headed for
              It was too late

              She's come undone
              She found a mountain that was far too high
              And when she found out she couldn't fly
              Mama, it was too late

              It's too late
              She's gone too far
              She's lost the sun
              She's come undone
              (No no-no-no-no-no no)
              (Doe doe doe-doe)
            • Valerie Walsh
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 22, 2006
                Gin Blossoms - Found Out About You

                All last summer in case you don't recall
                I was yours and you were mine forget it all
                Is there a line that I could write
                Sad enough to make you cry
                All the lines you wrote to me were lies
                The months roll past the love that you struck dead
                Did you love me only in my head?
                Things you said and did to me
                Seemed to come so easily
                The love I thought I'd won you give for free
                Whispers at the bus stop
                I heard about nights out in the school yard
                I found out about you
                Rumors follow everywhere you go
                Like when you left and I was last to know
                You're famous now and there's no doubt
                In all the places you hang out
                They know your name and know what you're about
                Whispers at the bus stop
                I heard about nights out in the school yard
                I found out about you
                Street lights blink on through the car window
                I get the time too often on am radio
                You know it's all I think about
                I write your name drive past your house
                Your boyfriend's over I watch your light go out
                Whispers at the bus stop
                I heard about nights out in the school yard
                I found out about you

                Artist name: Bad Company
                ROCK AND ROLL FANTASY

                Hey, yeah.
                Here come the jesters, one, two, three.
                It's all part of my fantasy,
                I love the music and I love to see
                the crowd,
                Dancing in the aisles and singing out loud, yeah.

                Here come the dancers one by one,
                Your mamas calling but you're having fun
                You'll find you're dancing on a number nine cloud
                Put your hands together and sing
                it out loud

                Its all part of my rock 'n' roll
                fantasy, yeah.
                Its all part of my rock 'n' roll
                dream, yeah.

                It's all part of my rock 'n' roll fantasy.
                It's all part of my rock 'n' roll
                dream.

                Put out the spot lights one and all
                And let the feeling get down to
                your soul
                The music's so loud you can here the sound
                Reaching for the sky churning up the ground

                It's all part of my rock 'n' roll fantasy.
                Its all part of my rock 'n' roll dream, oh, yeah.
                It's all part of my rock 'n' roll fantasy.
                Its all part of my rock 'n' roll dream, yeah, yeah.
                Fantasy, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
                Fantasy, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

                Written by: Paul Rodger
                Taken from the album:
                'Desolation Angels'
              • Valerie Walsh
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 22, 2006
                  A Girl Like You
                  by Smithereens
                  album: Best Of-Blown To Smithereens (1995)

                  I used to travel in the shadows
                  And I never found the nerve to try and walk up to you
                  But now I am a man and I know that there's no time to waste
                  There's too much to lose
                  Girl you say anything at all, and you know that you can call
                  And I'll be right there for you
                  First love, heartbreak, tough luck, big mistake
                  What else can you do

                  I'll say anything you want to hear
                  I'll see everything through
                  I'll do anything I have to do
                  Just to win the love of a girl like you, a girl like you

                  People talk and people stare, tell them I don't really care
                  This is the place I should be
                  And if they think it's really strange for a girl like you
                  To be in love with someone like me
                  I wanna tell them all to go to hell
                  That we're doing very well without them you see
                  That's just the way it is and they will see
                  I am yours and you are mine the way it should be

                  Chorus

                  Now if I seem a little wild, there's no holding back
                  I'm trying to get a message to you
                  I won't take anything from anyone
                  I won't walk and I won't run, I believe in you
                  London, Washington, anywhere you are I'll run
                  Together we'll be
                  Inside, outside, got my pride
                  I won't let him take you from me

                  Chorus

                  AMERICA
                  Simon & Garfunkel

                  Let us be lovers we'll marry our fortunes together
                  I've got some real estate here in my bag
                  So we bought a pack of cigarettes and Mrs. Wagner's pies
                  And we walked off to look for America
                  Cathy I said as we boarded a Greyhound in Pittsburgh
                  Michigan seems like a dream to me now
                  It took me four days to hitchhike from Saginaw
                  I've gone to look for America
                  Laughing on the bus playing games with the faces
                  She said the man in the gabardine suit was a spy
                  I said be careful his bowtie is really a camera
                  Toss me a cigaret I think there's one in the raincoat
                  We smoked the last one an hour ago
                  So I looked at the scenary she read her magazine
                  And the moon rose over an open field
                  Cathy I'm lost I said though I knew she was sleeping
                  I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
                  Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
                  They've all come to look for America
                  All come to look for America
                • Valerie Walsh
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 22, 2006
                    Hello Its Me
                    TODD RUNDGREN

                    Meeting people along my way
                    Seemingly I am among they
                    But in reality of things
                    What my dreaming always brings

                    Happenings ten years time ago
                    Situations we really know
                    But the knowing is in the mind
                    Sinking deep into the world of time

                    Looking in a room I see
                    Things that mean a lot to me
                    Why they do I never know
                    Memories don't strike me so

                    It seems to me I've been here before
                    Those sounds I heard and the sights I saw
                    Was it for real, was it in my dreams
                    I need to know what it all means

                    Hello, I Love You
                    The Doors

                    Hello, I love you
                    Won't you tell me your name?
                    Hello, I love you
                    Let me jump in your game
                    Hello, I love you
                    Won't you tell me your name?
                    Hello, I love you
                    Let me jump in your game

                    She's walking down the street
                    Blind to every eye she meets
                    Do you think you'll be the guy
                    To make the queen of the angels sigh?

                    Hello, I love you
                    Won't you tell me your name?
                    Hello, I love you
                    Let me jump in your game
                    Hello, I love you
                    Won't you tell me your name?
                    Hello, I love you
                    Let me jump in your game

                    She holds her head so high
                    Like a statue in the sky
                    Her arms are wicked, and her legs are long
                    When she moves my brain screams out this song

                    Sidewalk crouches at her feet
                    Like a dog that begs for something sweet
                    Do you hope to make her see, you fool?
                    Do you hope to pluck this dusky jewel?

                    Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello
                    I want you
                    Hello
                    I need my baby
                    Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello
                  • Valerie Walsh
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 23, 2006
                      Artist: Eric Clapton
                      Album: Another Ticket
                      Year: 1981

                      Why can't it stay like this forever?
                      Why does it always have to change?

                      Everytime you think you've paid the price,
                      Seems you've always got to pay it twice.
                      Everytime you think you're near the end,
                      You turn around and find another ticket.

                      Oh my love, time is running out.
                      Oh my love, time is running out.

                      Why must we wait until tomorrow,
                      When we already know the score?

                      Everytime you think you've paid the price,
                      Seems you've always got to pay it twice.
                      Everytime you think you've got it made,
                      Seems you're only lying in the shade.

                      Everytime you think you've run the course,
                      Seems you've got to ride another horse.
                      Everytime you think you're near the end,
                      You turn around and find another ticket.

                      Chorus

                      Fourth Verse

                      Chorus

                      Fifth Verse

                      Chorus

                      > AMERICA
                      > Simon & Garfunkel
                      >
                      > Let us be lovers we'll marry our fortunes together
                      > I've got some real estate here in my bag
                      > So we bought a pack of cigarettes and Mrs. Wagner's pies
                      > And we walked off to look for America
                      > Cathy I said as we boarded a Greyhound in Pittsburgh
                      > Michigan seems like a dream to me now
                      > It took me four days to hitchhike from Saginaw
                      > I've gone to look for America
                      > Laughing on the bus playing games with the faces
                      > She said the man in the gabardine suit was a spy
                      > I said be careful his bowtie is really a camera
                      > Toss me a cigaret I think there's one in the raincoat
                      > We smoked the last one an hour ago
                      > So I looked at the scenary she read her magazine
                      > And the moon rose over an open field
                      > Cathy I'm lost I said though I knew she was sleeping
                      > I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
                      > Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
                      > They've all come to look for America
                      > All come to look for America

                    • Valerie Walsh
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 23, 2006
                        Steve Miller Band, Your Saving Grace Lyrics
                        (Tim Davis)

                        Winter's people watching
                        As I sail from season's four
                        To join some crazy ladies
                        In a game upon the shore
                        None of them with broken wings
                        But still refuse to fly
                        So with sweetness on my lips
                        I smile a last goodbye

                        And now I spend my life
                        On the velvet side of hell
                        Aimlessly here searching
                        For what I cannot tell
                        The quietness is terrible
                        It's more than I can stand
                        But thousands now stand cheering
                        As my blood flows in the sand

                        [Spoken:]
                        You're not the child
                        You thought you were
                        You wake up in the night
                        And know you're blind
                        And yet they keep on pushing
                        Trying the insides of your mind
                        Forever, forever arresting to control
                        Until the emptiness of heaven welcomes your weary soul

                        Rise up with the new dawn's early morning
                        Feel the sunshine warm upon your face
                        Tomorrow's come a long, long way to help you
                        Yes, it's your saving grace

                        Every day, every way
                        Tomorrow, it's your saving grace
                        Well, now got no time to worry
                        Cause I've got no time to hurry
                        Baby, it's your saving grace
                        Now don't you lay those blames on me
                        Don't you play those games on me
                        Cause baby it's your saving grace
                        You got to need a little lovin'
                        Now baby it's your saving grace
                        Hey, I feel alright
                        Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
                        Your saving grace
                        Ah, hey, hey, hey
                        Your saving grace
                        La la la la la la la la....
                        Oh baby, it's your saving grace

                        > Artist name: Bad Company
                        > ROCK AND ROLL FANTASY
                        >
                        > Hey, yeah.
                        > Here come the jesters, one, two, three.
                        > It's all part of my fantasy,
                        > I love the music and I love to see
                        > the crowd,
                        > Dancing in the aisles and singing out loud, yeah.
                        >
                        > Here come the dancers one by one,
                        > Your mamas calling but you're having fun
                        > You'll find you're dancing on a number nine cloud
                        > Put your hands together and sing
                        > it out loud
                        >
                        > Its all part of my rock 'n' roll
                        > fantasy, yeah.
                        > Its all part of my rock 'n' roll
                        > dream, yeah.
                        >
                        > It's all part of my rock 'n' roll fantasy.
                        > It's all part of my rock 'n' roll
                        > dream.
                        >
                        > Put out the spot lights one and all
                        > And let the feeling get down to
                        > your soul
                        > The music's so loud you can here the sound
                        > Reaching for the sky churning up the ground
                        >
                        > It's all part of my rock 'n' roll fantasy.
                        > Its all part of my rock 'n' roll dream, oh, yeah.
                        > It's all part of my rock 'n' roll fantasy.
                        > Its all part of my rock 'n' roll dream, yeah, yeah.
                        > Fantasy, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
                        > Fantasy, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
                        >
                        > Written by: Paul Rodger
                        > Taken from the album:
                        > 'Desolation Angels'

                      • Valerie Walsh
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 23, 2006
                          Behind Blue Eyes
                          The Who

                          No one knows what it's like
                          To be the bad man
                          To be the sad man
                          Behind blue eyes

                          No one knows what it's like
                          To be hated
                          To be fated
                          To telling only lies

                          But my dreams
                          They aren't as empty
                          As my conscience seems to be

                          I have hours, only lonely
                          My love is vengeance
                          That's never free

                          No one knows what it's like
                          To feel these feelings
                          Like I do
                          And I blame you

                          No one bites back as hard
                          On their anger
                          None of my pain and woe
                          Can show through

                          But my dreams
                          They aren't as empty
                          As my conscience seems to be

                          I have hours, only lonely
                          My love is vengeance
                          That's never free

                          When my fist clenches, crack it open
                          Before I use it and lose my cool
                          When I smile, tell me some bad news
                          Before I laugh and act like a fool

                          And if I swallow anything evil
                          Put your finger down my throat
                          And if I shiver, please give me a blanket
                          Keep me warm, let me wear your coat

                          No one knows what it's like
                          To be the bad man
                          To be the sad man
                          Behind blue eyes

                        • Valerie Walsh
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 23, 2006
                            Bruce Hornsby And The Range
                            The Valley Road

                            Sometimes I lead sometimes I follow
                            This time I'll go where she wants me to go
                            She said maybe today maybe tomorrow
                            Go deep in the woods down the low valley road

                            While no one was lookin on the old plantation
                            He took her all the way down the long valley road
                            They sent her away not too much later
                            And left him walking down the old valley road
                            Walk on, walk on alone
                            Walk on, walk on, walk on alone

                            Out in the hall they were talking in a whisper
                            Everybody noticed she was gone awhile
                            Somebody said she's gone to her sister's
                            But everybody knew what they were talking about

                            While no one was lookin on the old plantation
                            He showed her what they do down the long valley road
                            She came back around like nothing really happened
                            And left him standing on the old valley road
                            Walk on, walk on alone
                            Walk on, walk on, walk on alone

                            Standing like a stone on the old plantation
                            The rich old man would have never let him in
                            Good enough to hire not good enough to marry
                            When it all happens nobody wins
                            Walk on, walk on alone
                            Walk on, walk on, walk on alone

                            > Where the Streets Have No Name - U2
                            >
                            > I want to run
                            > I want to hide
                            > I want to tear down the walls
                            > That hold me inside
                            > I want to reach out
                            > And touch the flame
                            > Where the streets have no name
                            >
                            > I want to feel, sunlight on my face
                            > See that dust cloud disappear without a trace
                            > I want to take shelter from the poison rain
                            > Where the streets have no name
                            >
                            > Where the streets have no name
                            > Where the streets have no name
                            > We're still building
                            > Then burning down love, burning down love
                            > And when I go there
                            > I go there with you...
                            > (It's all I can do)
                            >
                            > The cities a flood
                            > And our love turns to rust
                            > We're beaten and blown by the wind
                            > Trampled into dust
                            > I'll show you a place
                            > High on the desert plain
                            > Where the streets have no name
                            >
                            > Where the streets have no name
                            > Where the streets have no name
                            > Still building
                            > Then burning down love
                            > Burning down love
                            > And when I go there
                            > I go there with you
                            > (It's all I can do)

                          • Valerie Walsh
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 23, 2006
                              Unfortunately, I can't locate the lyrics to the song I have in mind
                              here which is "Right Now" by Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris and I
                              am too tired to remember all the lyrics. "Let's forget what used to
                              be-where are we right now? Baby, right now. It's too dark to see
                              anyhow, so baby where are we right now."

                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 23, 2006
                                Hello It's Me
                                by Todd Rundgren.

                                Hello, it's me I've thought about us for a long, long time
                                Maybe I think too much but something's wrong
                                There's something here that doesn't last too long
                                Maybe I shouldn't think of you as mine

                                Seeing you
                                Or seeing anything as much as I do you
                                I take for granted that you're always there
                                I take for granted that you just don't care
                                Sometimes I can't help seeing all the way through

                                It's important to me that you know you are free
                                'Cause I never want to make you change for me

                                Think of me
                                You know that I'd be with you if I could
                                I'll come around to see you once in a while
                                Or if I ever need a reason to smile
                                And spend the night if you think I should

                              • Valerie Walsh
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 23, 2006
                                  Probably there should be a point. How 'bout this? In another soundtrack-
                                  another story line, in an alternate, alien, reality I, me, moi could be
                                  that little black spot on the sun today. And I could represent Lucy to
                                  someone and Ahriman to someone else, and in fact have done so right
                                  here on this list. We don't need to travel through the Intuitional
                                  World to MEET with these BEINGS-the archetypes. For one thing it's been
                                  done. What anthroposophists, IMO, need to do is meet the beings in
                                  their own day to day lives and learn to SEE the essential human being
                                  in one another. Everything else is FLUFF and the stuff that dreams are
                                  made of.

                                  Look around you-does someone you know wear Lucy's hat? Sordad's? This
                                  concept that we are somehow purged of these beings in our soul when we
                                  see them outside of us may be TRUE if one was walking through, say the
                                  valley of death. But we're here walking through life-one way or the
                                  other-asleep or not we're all here in the physical world. And this is
                                  our opportunity-our great opportunity-to meet these beings on our terms-
                                  in our world as REPRESENTATIVES of the archetype. Not the archetype
                                  itself, not evil incarnate-just someone standing in-playing the role,
                                  assuming the position for YOU!!!-Val
                                • Valerie Walsh
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jun 23, 2006
                                    One last thing and then I'm done quoting song lyrics for good.
                                    Honest. You know hearing the same songs over and over and over for
                                    the last two weeks has taken it's toll-I begin to think some of these
                                    lyrics are just plain stupid. But coincidentally, about half of them
                                    have a really good horn section with, if my ears don't deceive me,
                                    the same sax player. Course it could be that I just have Bill Clinton
                                    on my mind 'cause I always liked him so much-NOT! But like I've said
                                    before-if you're going to have a background music in your life make
                                    sure it's got a strong horn section. It's the key, IMO.

                                    With A Little Help From My Friends
                                    Lennon/McCartney

                                    What would you think if I sang out of tune
                                    Would you stand up and walk out on me
                                    Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
                                    And I'll try not to sing out of key

                                    Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
                                    Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
                                    Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends

                                    What do I do when my love is away
                                    Does it worry you to be alone?
                                    How do I feel by the end of the day
                                    Are you sad because you're on your own

                                    No, I get by with a little help from my friends
                                    Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
                                    Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends

                                    Do you need anybody
                                    I need somebody to love
                                    Could it be anybody
                                    I want somebody to love

                                    Would you believe in a love at first sight
                                    Yes, I'm certain that it happens all the time
                                    What do you see when you turn out the light
                                    I can't tell you but I know it's mine

                                    Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
                                    Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
                                    Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends

                                    Do you need anybody
                                    I just need someone to love
                                    Could it be anybody
                                    I want somebody to love

                                    Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
                                    Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
                                    Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends
                                    Yes I get by with a little help from my friends
                                    With a little help from my friends

                                    With a little help from my friends

                                    With a little help from my friends
                                  • holderlin66
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jun 23, 2006
                                      Tales of the doldrums in housewife land, supposedly a highly
                                      decorated Waldorf parent adviser has told alternate tales of young
                                      newly married frustration, mental breakdowns, to mother of children
                                      to gee I'm frustrated. While Jeff Foxworthy might say, you may be a
                                      [Representative of the Archetype] of redneck trailer trash if such
                                      and such is your paradigm. A new soap opera has already started with
                                      high, high ratings, as it kicked open its first season on the
                                      air, "Frustrated Waldorf Housewives Club". This series promises to
                                      follow the adventures of Frustrated Waldorf housewives who have an
                                      urge and an itch to be included in the Michael School but suffer
                                      from self esteem foot draging. Come with us as we enter the ordinary
                                      lives of people searching for the truth, the validity and certainty
                                      of what is a Pink Card? Listen to the heartbeat and pulse of the
                                      daily life of the D.J. for Anthro houswives, as she spins vinyl
                                      after vinyl of music to read Steiner by.

                                      This has the making of an intensely interesting peek into spirit
                                      questions that haunt the daily lives of "Frustrated Waldorf
                                      Houswives Club"...My vibrator's battery died, is Steiner a turn on
                                      or what? Why doesn't my husband understand me? Why have my neighbors
                                      erected burning crosses in front of my house? Why do the villagers
                                      point at me and constantly put yellow stickies on our children's
                                      back saying satan worshipper? Where is the love? Why was I tarred
                                      and feathered and dumped in a lake because I brought up 666 and Dick
                                      Cheney? Why do I fall asleep when I read Steiner, is he better than
                                      prince valium? These and hundreds of questions like the proper
                                      clothing for your child, what vaccines will give you a one way
                                      ticket to hell... Are candles still appropriate for my neighborhood?
                                      What about hanging the Rose Cross from in my living room window?

                                      Valerie Walsh wrote:

                                      " And this is
                                      our opportunity-our great opportunity-to meet these beings on our
                                      terms-in our world as REPRESENTATIVES of the archetype. Not the
                                      archetype itself, not evil incarnate-just someone standing in-
                                      playing the role, assuming the position for YOU!!!-Val

                                      Bradford brought;

                                      Michael Jackson is [Representative of the Archetype] of the Luciferic
                                      Ann Coulter is a [Representative of the Archetype] of a tightly
                                      wound Luciferic and Ahrimanic harpie.
                                      Cheney is [Representative of the Archetype]of a human who is
                                      dominated by an Ahrimanic force.
                                      Heaven's Gate Suicide cult was [Representative of the Archetype] of
                                      a leave the earth Luciferic group intention...(who they are serving
                                      after their deaths is not a pretty picture to present either).
                                      Cindy Sheehan is a [Representative of the Archetype] of someone
                                      raying in an awakening Intellectual Soul content and [Representative
                                      of the Archetype] of a rather Christic/Buddhistic and St. Francis
                                      impulses similar to Gandhi and MLK JR. etc.

                                      "To understand these models, we have to be thank-ful for such rich
                                      lessons paraded out before us in their utter soul nakedness. But we
                                      cannot just bury the insights of the Michael School so that it makes
                                      others, in the Michael School, you for instance, more comfortable.
                                      You want to invent new Spiritual Science terms, go right ahead."
                                    • holderlin66
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jun 23, 2006
                                        Feminist Mormon Housewives for Jesus Christ club:

                                        WELCOME TO BIG LOVE, WHY HAVE ONE WIFE WHEN YOU CAN HAVE THE
                                        TRINITY, THREE WIVES. INCARNATE THE THREEFOLD SOUL NOW IN YOUR OWN
                                        HOUSEHOLD. THREEWIVES, THREE DIFFERENT SOUL FACULTIES AND THE MALE
                                        EGO, PATRIARCHAL MASTER, RULING OVER THOSE NATTY THREE SOUL FORCES.
                                        YES REDUCE YOUR FEMALE NATURE TO A MERE USELESS SOUL FORCE. AH SEE
                                        HOW THIS WORKS...WHY HAVE CORDELIA, GONERIL AND REGAN, POOR kING
                                        lEAR, WHY HAVE DAUGHTERS WHEN YOU CAN HAVE YOUR OWN LITTLE PET SOUL
                                        FORCES AND JESUS?

                                        http://www.feministmormonhousewives.org/?p=638

                                        The following is a talk I gave on my last Sunday in our Ward. It was
                                        inspired by the talk from the last General Conference by Henry B.
                                        Eyring entitled "As a Child". You can also read my husband's
                                        farewell talk at BCC.

                                        In Helaman, we read:

                                        Remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ,
                                        the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation…which is a sure
                                        foundation…whereon if men build they cannot fall. (Helaman 5:12)

                                        Elder Eyring says:

                                        It has never been more important than it is now to understand how to
                                        build on that sure foundation.

                                        In his talk, Elder Eyring uses the words of King Benjamin to counsel
                                        us on how we can do this:

                                        [Put] off the natural man and [become] a saint through the atonement
                                        of Christ the Lord and [become] as a child, submissive, meek,
                                        humble, patient, full of love. (Mosiah 3:19)

                                        This is also confirmed by Jesus:

                                        At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the
                                        greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child
                                        unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say
                                        unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye
                                        shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore
                                        shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in
                                        the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child
                                        in my name receiveth me. (Matt 18:1-5)

                                        And then again to the Nephites:

                                        And he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and
                                        prayed unto the Father for them. And he spake unto the multitude,
                                        and said unto them: Behold your little ones. And as they looked to
                                        behold they cast their eyes towards heaven, and they saw the heavens
                                        open, and they saw angels descending out of heaven as it were in the
                                        midst of fire; and they came down and encircled those little ones
                                        about, and they were encircled about with fire; and the angels did
                                        minister unto them. (3 Ne 17:21,23-24)

                                        Elder Eyring continues:

                                        We are safe on the rock which is the Saviour when we have yielded in
                                        faith in Him, have responded to the Holy Spirit's direction to keep
                                        the commandments long enough and faithfully enough that the power of
                                        the atonement has changed our hearts. When we have, by that
                                        experience, become as a child in our capacity to love and obey, we
                                        are on the sure foundation.

                                        Elder Eyring refers to faith and in Mosiah, we read that we need to
                                        be submissive, meek, humble, patient, and full of love to build on
                                        the rock - the Saviour.

                                        Faith

                                        The Bible Dictionary says:

                                        True faith always moves its possessor to some kind of action.

                                        Faith is active, not passive. Elder Eyring says:

                                        What we do allows the atonement of Jesus Christ to change us into
                                        what we must be.

                                        Be Submissive

                                        This doesn't mean being timid or letting people walk all over you —
                                        it means to be submissive to the will of God.

                                        Elder Neal A Maxwell said:

                                        As one's will is increasingly submissive to the will of God, he can
                                        receive inspiration and revelation…the submission of one's will is
                                        really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God's
                                        altar. The many other things we "give", are actually things He has
                                        already given or loaned to us. However, when you and I finally
                                        submit ourselves, by letting our individual wills be swallowed up in
                                        God's will, then we are really giving something to Him! It is the
                                        only possession which is truly ours to give!

                                        Jesus, who is always our great exemplar, showed this attribute when
                                        in Gethsemane He was submissive to the will of the Father and
                                        said, "not my will, but thine be done."

                                        Be Meek

                                        Jesus describes himself as meek:
                                      • holderlin66
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jun 23, 2006
                                          "According to the press release, the program tells the story of
                                          Bill's "balancing the needs of his three wives"

                                          "BIG LOVE"

                                          So what are we watching when we see THREE WIVES in a Mormon
                                          household in a series on HBO called "Big Love"? It depends what your
                                          paradigm is, what your education is and really if you have ever even
                                          dented a single idea in the Michael School. It also depends on if
                                          you could give a shit! Idea one. Steiner was ahead of his time. Here
                                          in the Mystery Dramas, poor Steiner picks up where King Lear left
                                          off with three daughters. Steiner brings about the dramatic relation
                                          of three soul forces, emancipated spiritual faculties that have
                                          arisen as a result of the intense deepening of the Trinity and the
                                          Etheric Christ and Michael schooling within the I AM of Maria.

                                          Just as people want to divert human attention from the Etheric
                                          Christ Being by insisting on a physical/Ahrimanic/manifestation of
                                          Christ, probably in the last third of the Michael Period we are in,
                                          so too the idea of making three soul forces, physical embodiments,
                                          emotional embodiments and all three tied to a male, is again the
                                          haunting of Pop Culture that causes a pressing physical reality, the
                                          horrific and unstoppable haunting reality, of Spiritual Truth behind
                                          the Luciferic motives of a sitcom. "Big Love" catchy tune isn't
                                          it? "Big Love"...

                                          Now it should impel us in the Michael School to reexamine the
                                          foundations of giving birth to forces out of the human I AM that
                                          divide the soul forces into threes. Three periods of the Michael
                                          School, which we are in the second, and so far in both of the two
                                          periods Anthros have failed to grasp how the historical forces we
                                          call Christian Nazism and Right Wing Christian Fundamentalism
                                          diverted, blocked and buried, deeply wounded the Grail Science
                                          school and history of Michael's deeds for humanity.

                                          Now we can pull amazing intimate and Michael School studies on
                                          Cordelia, Goneril and Regan...We could reveal that Goneril and Regan
                                          are the two harpies that if Lucifer and Ahriman lie twisted in one
                                          human soul, unconsciously and viciously the being Ann Coulter is
                                          born. That would be a vicious combination of three things. The
                                          corruption of the intelligence of a being called Ann Coulter and the
                                          active intensification and brilliance of both Lucifer and Ahriman
                                          adding stinging, saddistic wit. Don't you agree that Rush Limbaugh
                                          and Ann Coulter make a perfect, I mean a perfect couple?

                                          Poor Steiner had a wonderful tale about "The Rock Spring Wonder"
                                          another tale nobody here seems to have read. And then when we speak
                                          about the higher birthing of three soul forces or the Anthrosophia
                                          being as a being who helps bring about the higher emancipation of
                                          soul forces, we examined, many, many times how this birth rises into
                                          the regions where Sentient/Intellectual/Consciousness Soul forces
                                          become clear signatures of how the beings of Astrid, Philia and Luna
                                          operate as emancipated feeling forces, emancipated astral and
                                          intelligence forces and emancipated will forces.. Which unlike Joel,
                                          we got to know, thereby laying the ground work for understanding and
                                          emancipating our own three soul forces as Initation demands. Poor
                                          Steiner in his lonely Michael School efforts already wrote, "Big
                                          Love" but such examination of how these things appear in culture now
                                          and why, also reveal how to divert humanity from examining the
                                          schooling of these three soul forces into servants for the I AM.

                                          Maria, from poor neglected Steiner's Mystery Dramas, shows herself
                                          already in command of these three female forces of her soul. She
                                          arrived at them by intense inner schoooling, the kind Joel says is
                                          not needed to understand the Christ.

                                          According to the casting of the three soul forces at the Goetheanum,
                                          and we could question it, perhaps for the female physical Maria,
                                          three male soul forces should appear, performing eurythmy while
                                          Maria is in deep meditation. Anima or Animus you know a dog for you
                                          and a cat for me...Soul forces, sexless soul forces whose sex is
                                          really the quality, like the quality of a certain kind of butterfly.

                                          The quality of Luna or the Will quality, male or female? Only Dottie
                                          knows for sure. The quality of thinking and emancipated astral
                                          thinking, closer to a sylph.. would be Astrid. And the quality of
                                          compassion, as an actual force, Philia, that lifts out of the heart
                                          forces and brings understanding to the dented and dysfunctional
                                          wrecks of feelings of others, and brings back healing qualities,
                                          right words, right thought, etc. Yup, ya gotta wonder about the
                                          qualties of Beings and soul forces vs, the sexual determination of
                                          having them have to be male or female.

                                          Well don't worry, nobody in the Michael School, at least up on the
                                          hill in Dornach could give a rats ass about, "Big Love" or what it
                                          means as a physical diversion, a haunting of intiation truths in Pop
                                          Culture or the replication of bad sitcom occultism. By the way I am
                                          the only paid professional who reviews bad sitcom occultism and so
                                          far my reviews are exclusive to this site. As you may have noted in
                                          Bondarev and "Black Romanticism" that Dracula had three incredibly
                                          voluptuous soul forces that knew every lower sensual world trick to
                                          slowly intoxicate the victim until slowly the meal of all his blood,
                                          was drained, in the most pleasurable, Harem like manner. And in case
                                          we leave out, Macbeth...well, lets just say that the direction of
                                          Soul forces bears out what Bondarev has indicated.

                                          Soul forces can be linked to the healthy rising I AM of Initiation
                                          Science and the Grail School or Soul forces can fall into blood
                                          sucking Sorathian, devouring of the I AM. I guess some of us didn't
                                          get the memo on how this works.

                                          Is Three Wives a Crowd?

                                          http://www.alternet.org/story/33299/

                                          "If "Big Love" has anything to say to such intrepid romance
                                          pioneers, it seems to be: "Don't do it." Except for one Norman
                                          Rockwell-esque dinner scene, in which Bill, his three wives and
                                          seven children all munch contentedly, the relationships between the
                                          show's main players seem predictably fraught. Though the women try
                                          to support one another -- Nicki and Barb soothe Margene as she
                                          obsesses over losing the last few pounds of baby weight, and there
                                          is lots of (platonic) cheek kissing -- they spend more time in
                                          competition. Nicki takes out her resentment over not having Bill to
                                          herself through maniacal catalog shopping, even though buying a new
                                          pair of boots means she won't have money for the kids' lunches. "You
                                          don't mind, do you?" she passive-aggressively needles Barb, taking a
                                          jar of Skippy from the other wife's kitchen. Margene, the youngest
                                          and most insecure of the wives, asks Bill if he misses her more than
                                          the others.

                                          "In other words, it turns out that multiple sexual partners also
                                          means multiple emotional partners, and Bill's energies are finite.
                                          Not only does he find it impossible to please everyone, but he can't
                                          seem to get his own needs met, either. When Bill can't get it up for
                                          Margene, he goes to brood by the pool. Barb sees him, and though her
                                          first instinct is to go to him -- what any woman who sees her
                                          husband in pain would do -- when she looks up and sees Margene
                                          watching in the window, she can do no more than muster a wan smile.
                                          It's simply not her night to play wife.

                                          What's worse is that there isn't anyone for these women to confess
                                          their misgivings to, except one another. Even in Utah, where the
                                          show is set, polygamy is against the law, and the family's
                                          unorthodox outsider status pervades the plot. When Bill's dad gets
                                          sick, they worry about taking him to the hospital for fear of being
                                          found out. And though the family isn't Mormon -- they are presented
                                          as being some sort of cult-like offshoot of the church -- being
                                          thought of as a polygamist is considered the ultimate insult."
                                        • holderlin66
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jun 24, 2006
                                            Holderlin brought;

                                            "...we get to know, thereby laying the ground work for understanding
                                            and emancipating our own three soul forces as Initation demands."

                                            Bradford comments;

                                            Getting a clear dynamic snapshot of the Sentient soul and
                                            penetrating the feeling life, raises the deeper I AM won forces that
                                            serve Philia in the soul life.

                                            Understanding, and use of the Understanding Soul that has been
                                            described rightly by Frank on this list, the Understanding Soul,
                                            when sifted from its intellectual barbed wire, cold intellectual
                                            freezer and profound analysis of motives, the Understanding Soul
                                            becomes the intuitive fact finder, clue uncoverer and arises slowly
                                            as Astrid or as Shakespeare already had this faculty developed,
                                            Shakespeare called this faculty, Ariel. Both Ariel and Astrid become
                                            emancipated soul servants.

                                            Penetrating Moral will forces and putting ones will behind events,
                                            the much talked about' doing' factor is a force that arises, and
                                            some have dominating will forces, choleric forces in their
                                            personality, some have dominating feeling forces and some have
                                            dominating thought forces, but penetrating the will in order to lend
                                            ones Luna forces to cosmic goodness, Initiation goodness, moral
                                            insight, higher human development.. penetrates ever deeper to the
                                            roots of ones being so that from the Consciousness Soul down to the
                                            physical form, the penetration of the will forces become operative
                                            within the 'conscious human I AM' that goes down to the bones and
                                            awakens the slumbering seed of the Spirit Man. Steiner's Luna is a
                                            character or an emancipated spiritual quality that brings about the
                                            capacity of the will to determine what it will throw its weight
                                            behind and for what highly discerned purpose and inner clarity,
                                            generated from the core of the Conscious or Knowing Doer.

                                            By letting the I AM, our conscious being, sift and understand the
                                            Sentient Soul experience, the Intellectual Soul experience, the
                                            Consciousness Soul experience and see clearly how the Etheric forces
                                            play and how the emotional/astral forces play and become studies in
                                            culture, studies in country music, studies in blatant N.Y.T. dried
                                            out intellectual soul impulses, or enriched with Grail School,
                                            Consciousness Soul studies that have had their origin in the School
                                            of Michael and Spiritual Science, our I AM begins to emancipate
                                            THREE SOUL FORCES.

                                            Bondarev brought;

                                            "The cosmic constellation of the human being, particularly in modern
                                            times, is extremely complex. On the one hand he remains within
                                            eternity, in the lap of the Divine Trinity, only unconscious. On the
                                            other hand, if he is to become conscious of his situation - which is
                                            the main task of the spiritual ontogenesis of man, if one may so
                                            express it (because we can develop ourselves only in the totality of
                                            body, soul and spirit) -, he must for a period of time work upon
                                            himself within a further trinity: that of Christ, Lucifer and
                                            Ahriman. And if he errs (development always entails risks), he may
                                            quickly find himself within yet another trinity: that of Lucifer,
                                            Ahriman and Asura (a retarded spirit of personality, archai). He
                                            will then fall out of the evolution intended for him by the divine
                                            worlds, and take a different path of which the Gospel says that
                                            there reigns outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of
                                            teeth (Matthew 22; 13). At some point this world too will be
                                            transformed into good, but today no-one can say whether the human
                                            being who takes this path will then still exist.

                                            "To the spoiled but also intimidated human being of today, it is
                                            highly uncomfortable to learn of truths like these. And yet he must
                                            either develop within himself the strength and the wish to face up
                                            to the truth, in order to recognize the true laws of development and
                                            work upon himself (then God Himself will be his helper), or sooner
                                            or later he will find himself on the path of 'continuous Fall'. In
                                            some black-magical occult circles this path is even considered the
                                            best, but such opinions belong to 'black' romanticism, which is a
                                            special kind of egoism."

                                            http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Sparta/1105/GoodEvil.htm

                                            holderlin wrote:

[...]

                                          • Frank Smith
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jun 24, 2006
                                              On 6/24/06, holderlin66 <holderlin66@...> wrote:
                                              Holderlin brought;

                                              Understanding, and use of the Understanding Soul that has been
                                              described rightly by Frank on this list, the Understanding Soul,
                                              when sifted from its intellectual barbed wire, cold intellectual
                                              freezer and profound analysis of motives, the Understanding Soul
                                              becomes the intuitive fact finder, clue uncoverer and arises slowly
                                              as Astrid or as Shakespeare already had this faculty developed,
                                              Shakespeare called this faculty, Ariel. Both Ariel and Astrid become
                                              emancipated soul servants.

                                              In Spanish it's "alma racional" = rational soul, which imo is also  acceptable.
                                              Frank

                                            • holderlin66
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Jun 30, 2006
                                                holderlin wrote:

                                                "Steiner's Luna is a
                                                character or an emancipated spiritual quality that brings about the
                                                capacity of the will to determine what it will throw its weight
                                                behind and for what highly discerned purpose and inner clarity,
                                                generated from the core of the Conscious or Knowing Doer."

                                                Bradford comments;

                                                Steiner thought the POF could be done in Eurythmy and raised up to
                                                an Art, but we haven't seemed to grasp that Maria, as a Knowing
                                                Doer, from the position of her I AM examines the tri-layered,
                                                thoughts, feelings and impulses of her will. Trifecta winning spree
                                                does not happen by accident. Nor does the call to be in the Michael
                                                School happen by accident.

                                                "TRI" meaning three, indicates that the bettor must pick the first
                                                three finishers of a race in the EXACT order.
                                                PICK THREE When you place a PICK THREE bet, you must pick the
                                                winners of three races in a row to win.
                                                PICK SEVEN Although more difficult than a PICK THREE, challenge your
                                                ability to read the facts and pick the winners of seven consecutive
                                                races."

                                                The POF appears operative in Maria in the fact that she represents a
                                                Knowing Doer. A Knowing Doer in training. A Knowing Doer on the
                                                initiation path. Platonism is defined and Capesius suffers from the
                                                willowing, billowing, inflated errors that Platonism always suffers
                                                from. Those of us on this list should take heed to Platonisms errors
                                                for they fit us like a glove.

                                                Strader wrestles with the Tesla and Science terminology or deep
                                                Ahrimanic equations, factory management etc. And guess what, the
                                                woman who has the Etheric Christ experience, Theodora and Strader
                                                kind of find a relationship,

                                                "....what is shown in The Souls' Awakening and what I have said here
                                                about Ahriman as the Lord of Death in the world. Beginning with
                                                Scene Three this appears clearly, but it was already hinted at in
                                                Scene One with the words Strader says to the Business Manager, "And
                                                yet will come what has to come about." The Manager hears in these
                                                few words something like a gentle whisper from the spiritual world;
                                                it gives rise to the beginning of his spiritual discipleship. There
                                                it is more or less hinted at, but gradually, from Scene Three
                                                onwards, we see more and more clearly how the moods and forces
                                                preparing the death of Strader are coming closer. We shall not
                                                understand why Theodora appears and tells Strader what she will do
                                                for him in the spirit-land, unless we get the feeling — though a
                                                somewhat vague one, as it has to be at this point — that something
                                                important can be expected. In the same scene, we shall not perceive
                                                rightly what Benedictus means when he describes his clairvoyance as
                                                being impaired unless we can feel how the forces of Strader's
                                                approaching death are influencing this clairvoyance. In Scene
                                                Eleven, a simple, straightforward but very significant scene, we
                                                shall not get the right impression of the dialogue between
                                                Benedictus and Strader unless we connect Strader's visionary picture
                                                with his presentiment that everything he is using to strengthen his
                                                soul will turn its destructive, power at some time on himself;
                                                unless, too, we connect this with the repetition of Benedictus's
                                                speech about his spirit vision being impaired, so that we have a
                                                premonition of what is looming ahead. The mood of the approaching
                                                death of Strader is diffused over the whole, development of even the
                                                other persons in this play from Scene Three onwards. When you bring
                                                this together with what has been said about Ahriman as the Lord of
                                                Death, you will enter more and more deeply into knowledge that leads
                                                to the mysteries of the spirit, especially by considering also how
                                                Ahriman takes a hand in the mood of the drama, which is dominated by
                                                Strader's death impulse.

                                                "Again, the last meeting of Benedictus and Strader, a meeting
                                                intended to be of real significance towards the end of the drama, as
                                                well as the final monologue of Benedictus, cannot be understood
                                                unless we bear in mind both the rightful and the unlawful
                                                interference of Ahriman in the world of the human soul and in the
                                                Word of cosmic realms. These things were not intended merely to pass
                                                through your minds, but in order for you to immerse yourselves more
                                                and more deeply in them."

                                                http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/19130831p01.html

                                                Bradford concludes;

                                                Souls drawn to the Michael School seek detailed schooling, not
                                                instinctive schooling, not partial schooling. Souls drawn to the
                                                Michael School are swimming in the conscious substance of the
                                                details of the Etheric Christ, that lifts plant and etheric
                                                insights, grasps butterflies, creates a space for children for bio-
                                                dynamics and World Economy, and penetrates Ahrimanic forces with the
                                                little and developing light of an active I AM.

                                                The longing for instinctive soul experience and a path where dimming
                                                of the I AM can serve the awakening of and a craving for a Theodora
                                                experience, is why her experience, near the Threshold, is not the
                                                emphasis of Michael Schooling training and Grail companionship. The
                                                emphasis of Michael Schooling is to have active souls who are
                                                carrying the Michael Impulse and represent the thinking, the
                                                feeling, the willing and the stream of the Etheric Christ down to
                                                science and up to cultural and Platonic observations that are
                                                unconscious to the general stream of humanity.

                                                At some point the sriving student realizes that they have before
                                                them a treasure that others can only dream about. UNDERSTANDING.
                                                They signed onto the Michael School because they could help carry
                                                and explore the vast details and wonders of all that makes up the
                                                Science of the Soul and the depth of the Christ Experience and
                                                through all the various systems of Spiritual Science, influence
                                                education, art, science and world economy to carry in detail the
                                                vast Etheric Body that represents the wide illuminating aura of the
                                                Etheric Christ Being and his working with Michael Intelligence in
                                                our world. That is one way to phrase what one signs on for when one
                                                signs on with the Michael School.
                                              • holderlin66
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Jul 1, 2006
                                                  The devil is always in the details and we really don't have much of
                                                  an ability, from most of the Platonic waffling we do to center our
                                                  attention on realities. One of those realities for me was searching
                                                  for a while on google, and I would need help here, but searching to
                                                  find why I can't find Soloviev's "Three Conversations and The Anti-
                                                  Christ" anywhere. Perhaps it is very easy, I know I have it on file
                                                  somewhere in my system, but I can't get to it. Maybe someone can
                                                  help me locate it.

                                                  Now in the Soloviev Anti-Christ text we encounter a major genetic
                                                  magician, who will probably give cloned animals the capacity to
                                                  speak etc, and move creation up a notch. Now a days when we say,
                                                  fire comes down from the sky, really we have no excuse to
                                                  misunderstand what that means today. Fire comes down from the sky is
                                                  clearly within our logical paradigms and we know exactly what that
                                                  means for us today. But the magician in Soloviev's work was called
                                                  Apollyon and the best we could do is describe him as a Magician.

                                                  Now the subject of Apollyon from the aspect of Spiritual Science
                                                  researchers who have already waded deep into the territory brings us
                                                  interesting news from the front. One front is that "The Left Behind
                                                  Series" has taken up the Apollyon character and given him book title
                                                  and of course, the publications of these super-duper, Armageddon,
                                                  rapture blasters, has also used its base of inspiration from the
                                                  Soloviev critter. "The Left Behind Series" is a publication bonanza
                                                  and of course I cringe that we sit in the Michael School, with all
                                                  these Platonists and we can hardly put one idea in front of the
                                                  other to make a counter point.

                                                  But the issue here is what we do best in the Michael School,
                                                  measuring the Planets rhythm, taking Steiner's and Heidenreich's
                                                  Saturn observations, which go back to dating the Grail events of 869
                                                  and the notations of the stars in Wolfram's great work, "Parsifal".
                                                  When we take a measurement on Saturn, we also come to a kind of
                                                  reality, and counter reality. While it is true that we are dealing
                                                  with a massively numbed culture and we are smack dab into the 1998
                                                  power grab, from the PNAC and the counter-point of the Luciferic
                                                  Love Generation. We are sitting in the Ahrimanic, 'I just stole the
                                                  21st century from Michael tee-hee'... but Michael, IMO, Michael has
                                                  set the incarnation of Ahriman in the west to fall within a Michael
                                                  period. That is one of our only trump cards that might resemble
                                                  cognition.

                                                  The placement of 2010 and of course a lot of Mayan systems break
                                                  down at 2012 and the vast cutting edge of miracles of technology
                                                  running exactly like magic all over the face of the planet, bring us
                                                  to within a Michael period paradigm. Apollyon, sort of Apollo's evil
                                                  twin brother, some might say, Sorath's man on the street, has a huge
                                                  press following in what we consider, Anthros have no right to
                                                  consider any such thing, but Anthros consider Rapturites and
                                                  Armageddon freaks as a fringe group. HMMMMM, lets say, the rate
                                                  Anthros think, we should be considered the fringe group. We can't
                                                  raise enough money to fuel 1/10 of the Michael impulses that could
                                                  take off on this planet.. We need something, we could use a Rowling
                                                  or a Tolkien on our side; or we can alwys do what we have done,
                                                  myself included, suck our thumbs and scream as the world collides
                                                  with heavy cosmic traffic.

                                                  Or we can, which is part of the unrespected part of the Michael
                                                  School, explore the stray details of how Soloviev uses, Apollyon,
                                                  how "Left Behind Series" has called up Apollyon and how Anthros
                                                  understand the evil twin brother of Apollyon and how St.John plunked
                                                  him down before the gaze of Angels and of Men.

                                                  The Greeks would gives us Apollo the Sun, but with that Aristotle
                                                  and the Logos bearing forces that Aristotle grounded science with to
                                                  the Greek Apollonian wisdom, is different than the Dionysian pagan
                                                  wisdom that good Platonists and Jo Ann and myself enjoy. Platonists
                                                  enjoy and relish the "Mists of Avalon" etc.. etc.. Jung.. etc..
                                                  Joseph Campbell and "The White Godeess" Robert Graves work...And
                                                  how "The Revenge of the Sith" have exactly 12 seats in the film
                                                  where, twelve god knows what, bodhisattvas and initiates arise from
                                                  one point and one point only.

                                                  That point arises from the initiation from the 12 streams into the
                                                  13 from the 13th century...and leaped directly onto the stage of the
                                                  1st Goetheanum as the twelve streams in twelve cosmic chairs who
                                                  wove, sat and streamed their wisdom into the lectures that Steiner
                                                  was giving. These twelve streams of wisdom were given chairs,
                                                  honored places, these were no holograms, seats were made by Steiner
                                                  out of wood, so that they too could interface with the audience
                                                  members and Steiner would stand and be their represenative for the
                                                  dawning of the Age of Light. Platonists love this sort of connecting
                                                  threads and that is part of what the Platonists are required to do
                                                  within the Michael School. To re-direct attention to the actual
                                                  source, not the Pop Culture shattered, video game mentality of
                                                  creation.

                                                  "Similar conditions will prevail before the Second Coming of Christ.
                                                  Sorcery, the serving of evil spirits, and other pagan practices will
                                                  become widespread. The minds of mostpeople will be poisoned by all
                                                  sorts of ungodly heresies, as the Holy Spirit expressly predicted
                                                  through St. Paul:"In latter times some will depart from the faith,
                                                  giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons" (1Tim.
                                                  4:1). The Apostle John depicts the following gloomy picture about
                                                  the overwhelming permeation of evilspirits into people's lives: "And
                                                  he [the Angel] opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the
                                                  pit like thesmoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were
                                                  darkened because of the smoke of the pit ... And they [thelocusts
                                                  which came from the pit] had as king over them the angel of the
                                                  bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrewis Abaddon, but in Greek he has
                                                  the name Apollyon."

                                                  ALFRED HEIDENREICH brought;

                                                  "...that masterpiece of creation which then became the
                                                  body of Christ, the whole extending over approximately thirty-three
                                                  years. Looking at that one Christmas lecture where Steiner speaks of
                                                  these rhythms, our English friend suggested that you think of this
                                                  first period of Christ's appearance on Earth as being received into
                                                  the Saturn Sphere; multiply the period of His life by the Saturn
                                                  period around the Sun and you get the time when that great earthly
                                                  event reached the utmost circumference of the planetary sphere of
                                                  Saturn, the utmost depths of cosmic consciousness, and then began to
                                                  travel back to Earth. With more detailed calculation, taking the
                                                  Mystery of Golgotha as the starting point (which Dr. Steiner fixed
                                                  as April 3rd, AD 33), you come to the year 1935 as the year when
                                                  that double rhythm is completed.

                                                  "I remember vividly the picture our friend gave, saying, "Think of a
                                                  pond, a quiet bit of water, and a stone thrown into its center; then
                                                  the ripples travel out until they reach the shore when they are
                                                  thrown back again to the center. The Incarnation of Christ is like a
                                                  stone thrown into the ocean of humanity. The effects of it spread
                                                  from the Earth into the cosmos in the Saturn rhythm until they
                                                  reached the furthest point in the Saturn sphere, traveled back, and
                                                  began striking onto the shore of human history in 1935."

                                                  http://www.eleggua.com/Spirit/Powell6.html

                                                  "In Vladimir Soloviev's inspired work "A Short Narrative About
                                                  Antichrist" published at Easter, 1900, he describes the false Christ
                                                  (Antichrist) who, in league with the false prophet (the magician
                                                  Appollyn, becomes Emperor of the world and establishes his residence
                                                  in Jerusalem. Among Apollyon's magical powers is the ability to make
                                                  fire come down from heaven. This is a clear allusion to the two-
                                                  horned beast referred to in the thirteenth chapter of the Book of
                                                  Revelation. In fact, it is in the Book of Revelation that we find an
                                                  account of the reign of Antichrist, the "beast", who is aided buy
                                                  the two-horned beast:

                                                  "The two-horned beast exercises all the authority of the first beast
                                                  in its presence, and makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the
                                                  [first beast]... Men worshiped the first beast, saying, 'Who is like
                                                  the beast, and who can fight against it?" And the beast was given a
                                                  mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and, it was allowed to
                                                  exercise authority for forty-two months .(Revelation 13:12, 4 5).

                                                  "Regarding the Apocalypse as an account of the unfolding of the
                                                  Christ Impulse - in so far as it mirrors the content of Christ's
                                                  astral body, unfolding: historically in the Saturn-rhythm of 29'/2
                                                  years - the Book of Revelation obviously must depict the encounter
                                                  with Satan. For Christ Jesus this occurred towards the end of His
                                                  thirty-ninth day in the wilderness. As the forty days in the
                                                  wilderness started 28'/3 days after the baptism in the Jordan, the
                                                  encounter with Satan was about 67 days (28+39=67) into His Ministry.
                                                  Multiplying by 294/2 and adding to AD 33, we find that humanity's
                                                  encounter with Satan - known traditionally as the coming of
                                                  Antichrist - occurs in the ' period around 2010, when Pluto is again
                                                  at 9 degrees Sagittarius, where it was at the temptation of Christ
                                                  in the wilderness. "

                                                  holderlin wrote:

                                                  "Just as people want to divert human attention from the Etheric
                                                  Christ Being by insisting on a physical/Ahrimanic/manifestation of
                                                  Christ, probably in the last third of the Michael Period we are in,
                                                  so too the idea of making three soul forces, physical embodiments,
                                                  emotional embodiments and all three tied to a male, is again the
                                                  haunting of Pop Culture that causes a pressing physical reality, the
                                                  horrific and unstoppable haunting reality, of Spiritual Truth behind
                                                  the Luciferic motives of a sitcom. "Big Love" catchy tune isn't
                                                  it? "Big Love"...

                                                  http://www.leftbehind.com/channelbooks.asp?channelID=41

                                                  "Rayford Steele and Buck Williams, charter members of the Force,
                                                  have gone from employees of Nicolae Carpathia to international
                                                  fugitives. Rayford, finally discovering the shocking truth about
                                                  Amanda, must flee before the grand conference begins. The two
                                                  witnesses at the Wailing Wall proclaim warnings to the "one who sits
                                                  on the throne of the earth," and Carpathia himself makes a surprise
                                                  appearance at the stadium.

                                                  "The Tribulation calendar moves ever closer to the halfway point,
                                                  which the two witnesses call "the due time." Meanwhile, the fourth
                                                  Trumpet Judgment strikes the solar system, crippling life on earth.

                                                  "The next three judgments are to be so much worse than anything that
                                                  has come before that an angel flies about heaven, warning the earth
                                                  of the three woes. The fifth Trumpet Judgment—a plague of
                                                  scorpionlike locusts led by Apollyon, chief demon of the abyss—is so
                                                  horrifying that men try to kill themselves but are not allowed to
                                                  die.

                                                  "The fifth title in the best-selling Left Behind series will
                                                  fascinate and captivate newcomers and fans. It's most shocking and
                                                  explicit portrayal yet in the continuing drama of those left behind.
                                                  Read an excerpt.

                                                  Synopsis
                                                  The Destroyer is unleashed as Apollyon leads a plague of locusts to
                                                  torture the world. Tribulation Force gathers in Israel for the
                                                  Conference of Witnesses."