Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: The death and possoble resurrection of anthroposophy

  • Frank Smith
    Message 1 of 61 , Jun 1, 2006
      --- Joel Wendt <hermit@...> wrote:

      Thus, in Tomberg's Meditations on the three
      > vows, the question is
      > not one of obedience to the Pope, but of qualities
      > of soul - inner
      > obedience to our sense of truth and moral intuition,
      > rooted in an inner
      > poverty of "emptiness" (Dennis Klocek calls it
      > "silence"), coupled with
      > a chastity of soul which involves reaching for a
      > cultivated attitude of
      > inner purity, a mood of soul of virginity of
      > soul/spirit.

      Ok, Joel, I understand that you refer to Tomberg's
      interpretation of what they Church should be and what
      you believe it is becoming. It's somethng like what
      Rudolf Steiner intended the AS to be, and what many
      newbies and ingenuous imagine it to have become. I
      hope you're right, but personally I see it (the RC
      Church) going in the opposite direction. Just for the
      benefit of those who do not know Tomberg's Tarot book,
      as far a I can see, he does not criticize Rudolf
      Steiner at all - rather the contrary. He does,
      however, criticize the AS and anthroposophists in
      general, which is OK by me.

      Frank

      Frank Thomas Smith
      http://SouthernCrossReview.org

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 61 of 61 , Jun 2, 2006
        Frank, thanks for your support! I must say though I
        did not spell desert correctly. It should be pea in
        the desert because I could not find needle for the
        haystack! but then I was thinking before the pea came
        that I could use camel through the eye of the...and I
        couldn't come to needle again or it too would've led
        me to 'needle in a haystack...and then I thought of
        peas in a pod...but that didn't really express what I
        wanted to say about the camel going through the eye of
        the...fill in the blank, hence pea in the desert. See
        how my thinking arrived at pea in the desert?

        http://mail.yahoo.com