The Black Rose

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2004
      Passing this along from an "anonymous source" posted to me off list:

      With Thanks!

      Christine - end of editorializing
      ***********************************

      Note this interesting description of the genesis of the name:

      "We are often asked the origins of our name. BLACK ROSE BOOKS was proposed
      as a name for the new project by our celebrated author and philosopher,
      Murray Bookchin. According to legend, during the peasant uprisings in the
      middle ages those who found freedom would also find the black rose in
      nature, and conversely those who found the black rose in nature would find
      freedom. It was agreed that no graven image of the black rose would be
      encouraged; we want the human imagination to see it freely."

      No Graven image? It appears Bookchin was not as atheistic as PS.

      http://www.web.net/~blakrose/history.htm

      Another site with Murry Bookchin, Janet Biehl and Pete Zegers pictured and
      PS mentioned is:

      http://www.communalism.org/General/Contributors.html

      PS does not seem to have really published a "book". He has done articles
      mostly.