deaths by cyanide

  • Deborah
    Message 1 of 187 , May 17, 2006
      Robert Mason wrote:

      Bondarev does argue that from spiritual-scientific
      considerations the deaths of 6,000,000 people from
      cyanide poisoning would have caused a world-wide
      ecological catastrophe, and that the occult-
      political purposes behind Nazism did not require the
      annihilation of the Jews.

      --------------------------
      Speaking as someone with a fair bit of historical background I am
      unable to take Robert Mason or Bondarev seriously on this. I don't
      know much about the spiritual-scientific considerations, but I do
      know something about the murder of the Jews in Europe during the
      period from 1933-1945.

      First, the 6 million number has been questioned by some historians,
      but I've never seen the number go below 5 million.[see "The
      Destruction of the European Jews" by Raul Hilberg for one example.]
      So, 6 million is not a sacred number, it is just what comes out in
      general public discussions.

      Second, the majority of the people murdered were not killed with
      cyanide. Many people were shot, especially in Eastern Europe and
      very much so in Russia. There were also deaths from disease, deaths
      during transport, deaths from starvation, deaths from overwork.

      So yeah, someone who comes up with stuff about 6 million killed with
      cyanide...this is not someone who has studied the subject, even
      superficially. Not someone I would treat as an authority on the
      topic.

      Sigh.

      Deborah
    • Mike helsher
      Message 187 of 187 , Aug 7, 2006
        "Humans believe training a dog to respond to words will allow them to
        communicate with animals. But animals only care about fulfillment.
        They don't train each other, they fulfill each other's needs. If a dog
        is 100% fulfilled, you may not even need verbal commands to
        communicate. That's when the relationship between humans and dogs
        reach it's highest level – when you're using that elusive, magical
        "sixth sense." Isn't that what we all strive for?"

        Mike