Re: Schizophrenic megalomania

    Message 1 of 80 , May 2, 2006
      Terence wrote to Theodor:

      > Theodor, what you wrote to this list is troublesome
      > to me as I dearly love Anthroposophy as through
      > Steiner's writings and lectures, I have been
      > brought to the threshold of understanding the Being
      > known as Christ.

      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/19060601p01.html

      "The Crowning with Thorns, — At this stage man must learn to brave
      the world morally and intellectually, to desist from anger when all
      that is most dear to him is being attacked. The capacity to remain
      aloof when everything is tumbling about our ears, to say "Yea" when
      the rest of the world says "Nay" — that is what must be acquired
      before the next step can be taken. This gives rise to a new symptom,
      namely a dissociation, or rather the power of a momentary
      dissociation of three faculties which, in man, are united: the
      faculties of willing, feeling and thinking. We must learn to
      separate and to re-unite them at will. So long, for example, as some
      outer event carries us away with uncontrolled enthusiasm, we are
      immature, for such enthusiasm comes from the event, not from
      ourselves, and we may even exercise a shattering influence of which
      we are not master.

      The enthusiasm of the disciple must have its well-spring in the
      depths of his inner life. He must therefore be able to remain
      impassive in the face of any event, no matter how catastrophic. That
      is the only way to reach freedom. The dissociation of feeling,
      thinking and willing produces in the brain a change that is
      symbolised by the Crown of Thorns. If this test is to be passed
      without danger, the powers inherent in the personality must be
      sufficiently intense and in perfect equilibrium. If the disciple has
      not reached this stage, or if he receives wrong guidance, the change
      in the brain may lead to insanity. Insanity is nothing but an
      involuntary separation of these faculties without the possibility of
      their re-union by dint of the inner will. The disciple brings about
      the separation by an act of conscious volition. A flash of his will
      re-establishes the link between the organs and the activities of
      soul. In the lunatic, the cleft may be incurable and produce a
      physical lesion in the nerve-centres."

      Hope this is helpful.

      Cheers,

      Tarjei
    • Steve Hale
      Message 80 of 80 , May 31, 2006
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "simonedim"
        <simonedim@...> wrote:

        > Dear All,
        >
        > It was good to take a look at the messages this evening and find
        out the
        > subject of mercury intoxication brought up; what would be the
        > anthroposophists' view on the autism epidemic? I'd love to hear
        > Bradford comments on this (hopefully he'll read this message!) ...
        > maybe, it would fit better in Stephen Hale's fields of interest...
        just
        > guessing.

        Simone,

        I must be on a roll tonight, but I've been thinking about this post
        ever since you wrote it, and it surely expresses an evil that is
        just about as bad as it could get; killing the soul in children.
        And all based on the premise that mercury is a needed preservative
        in vaccines. What the hell sense does that make? Well, that's why
        they had the conference off the coast of Georgia back about six
        years ago to discuss their strategy.

        Steve