Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Steiner on Steiner

    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2006
      I'm imagining that the way our teachers nature friend
      interacted with him as the emmesary, which then led to
      the Master, is how the CC Church works its services
      out in a way as well as the readers of First Class.

      It is said that they work to be devoid of personality
      so that something can come in and speak in a certain
      manner when they are in those roles. And it seems that
      our teacher set it up in this manner according to how
      it happened for him. I had never heard that he said
      the other had said a thing without enthusiasm which
      then created a lot in another.

      I think when we speak of Master are we talking about
      Christian Rosenkruez? It would seem we are if the
      letter M is used as a name.

      Best,
      Dottie

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Steve Hale
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2006
        <dottie_z@...> wrote:

        > I'm imagining that the way our teachers nature friend
        > interacted with him as the emmesary, which then led to
        > the Master, is how the CC Church works its services
        > out in a way as well as the readers of First Class.
        >
        > It is said that they work to be devoid of personality
        > so that something can come in and speak in a certain
        > manner when they are in those roles. And it seems that
        > our teacher set it up in this manner according to how
        > it happened for him. I had never heard that he said
        > the other had said a thing without enthusiasm which
        > then created a lot in another.
        >
        > I think when we speak of Master are we talking about
        > Christian Rosenkruez? It would seem we are if the
        > letter M is used as a name.
        >
        > Best,
        > Dottie

        Dottie,

        These notes for Schure are important to be given here, now; right as
        we are again experiencing the critical viewpoint of a materialist.
        Now, whether this materialist sides with Kant and believes that
        a 'ding-an-sich' actually exists behind the world of sense
        perception and logical cognition, or is a strict logical empiricist
        like Hume, who greatly influenced Kant, is not the point. Either
        will do quite well for a materialist.

        The point is that these notes to Schure give a very lucid and
        rational description of Rudolf Steiner's own path of development
        from three aspects. (1) is the philosophical or epistemological
        path which I am transcribing now, and contains a very important
        final summation that serves to set the path of anthroposophical
        spiritual science; (2) gives the psychological aspect centered on
        the rosicrucian path; and (3) is the cosmological or evolutionary
        aspect in a certain brief detail.

        So, by September of 1907 Steiner's system has developed to a well-
        integrated trinity of philosophical-psychological-cosmological
        proportions, and thus very cogent for the uptake. My interest in
        presenting this biographical sketch concerns this cogency, as well
        as the fact that it helps to embellish Steiner's autobiography,
        which terminates before the midpoint of that year, 1907. And, of
        course, to demonstrate that spiritual science is a study that people
        strive for because they choose to do so, just as there are those
        that don't. It's a personal thing; something that resides in the
        soul of the aspirant. And some critics don't even believe in a
        soul, or a spirit in man because it's not outwardly visible to their
        critical eye of angular representation.

        Steve