Enjoyment

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 20 12:06 PM
      Friends: Enjoy the list!...there's good stuff here...look for
      it...contend...pray you'll be ambushed :)

      Last night: With two young men...as well up on current affairs as
      anyone...topic: terrorism...I shared Val's sex-change bit...eyes went
      wide, jaws dropped...doink!....G
    • gaelman58
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 6, 2006
        Friends: I tend to enjoy the posts of Peter S. because I find some
        of the things he writes humorous. I certainly don't mean laughable
        in the sense of ridicule...I mean he's apparently earnest and wishes
        to be taken seriously. That would not, of course, be particular to
        him, would it?

        Consider these bits from the forwarded post:

        "I think they (i.e. Steiner's early stuff) contain a mildly
        interesting epistemology that was pretty much run of the mill for
        its time and place"...yeah, those other guys are so much more
        interesting and I'll point them out to you as soon as I can bring
        them to mind :)

        "I loathe Stirner..."...probably in the same way that Frank loathes
        the seminal thinker and problem solver, George Steinbrunner.

        Re the sentence: "Steiner succumbed to one of the basic
        epistemological errors of modern occultism by failing to distinguish
        between perception and interpretation", Peter wrote, "...it was by
        no means my unique and brilliant idea"...Now, if you don't fool
        around with epistemology you're not going to see what is truly funny
        there...it's in the "epistemological errors of modern occultism" as
        well as the "perception and interpretation"...rather like
        considering the "thermodynamics errors of modern necromancy" and
        failing to distinguish between "sensing and elucidation"...ah well,
        maybe the man wrote that stuff with tongue in cheek.

        Perhaps the best bit is Peter's suggestion that one should not ask
        for "clarification, elaboration, correction and so on" of ideas from
        dead people...we really should keep that in mind...at least those of
        us who fancy that we can communicate with the deceased.

        Peter ends with greetings to Tarjei and everyone else. An
        interpretation (and only that): He sees what most here see...there
        are more "brighties" on the AT than on the WC and therefore he's
        making an appeal. He enjoys discussion and argumentation and would
        prefer to do that with those that he deems intellectually
        sound...and, of course, he's fascinated with the Austrian :)...A
        suggestion (and only that): The man should drop the excruciatingly
        stupid nonsense linking Steiner with the "ism"s...that can be left
        to those who really don't have too much to say of
        substance...regards, G.
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 6, 2006
          My experience of Peter is that he is trying to show
          that not only was Rudolf Steiner and atheist in his
          early years but also that he cherry picked the
          spiritual insights from Theosophy and others who lived
          during that time.

          I started to read the thoughts of Peter and I had to
          stop as I found it to be so idiotic that someone would
          be that closed off to the reality of the work. I mean
          he uses words that sound like they mean something and
          then when you look for some coherence between Rudolf
          Steiner's work and Staudenmaiers comments on the
          subject one has to wonder how he could be so far
          afield as he finds himself. I mean who does he think
          is going to buy that malarky he has just written.
          Keith might entertain him a bit from a intellectual
          circlearoundthewagon this word means this and that
          word means that, but that's about all one can do with
          such ignorance.

          But it's interesting. It's interesting that Peter and
          Diana and the whole crew over there are pouring over
          Philosophy of Freedom and other works. Even though
          they are looking to negate it I find it highly
          interesting that they are as involved as they are.

          Looking at it from a spiritual point of view one has
          to wonder what they are building in themselves.
          Reading Emmichovens work on Anthroposophy one comes to
          realize that the Soul and Spirit are working together
          to help the human being move through these antipathies
          and sympathies in our lives. Then we have the I come
          in and make its move little by little. So although it
          looks like Staudenmaier opposes the work after
          Philosophy of Freedom I find that there must be some
          intimate reasoning of his spirit to be working it.

          I mean can you imagine the years this man has spent
          misunderstanding Anthroposophy and the work of Rudolf
          Steiner? And now he is getting into the
          epistomologies? His spirit seems to be outsmarting him
          is what it looks like to me.

          Whew,

          http://new.mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 6, 2006
            No wonder Ms. Winters did not like Waldorf:

            Ms. Winters pontificating once again:
            "Childhood is not a magical place, Charlie; childhood
            is a period of life, everyone has one. It is one thing
            to be concerned for victims of violence but totally
            absurd to wring our hands about their "childhood" -
            let alone "childhood" per se. It's right wing palaver
            masquerading as something progressive"

            Dottie: The more they live to tell a thing over at the
            hole the more they trip themselves up about the real
            reasons they don't agree with a Waldorf education.

            Whew,

            http://new.mail.yahoo.com
          • Tarjei Straume
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 6, 2006
              Very keen observation, Dottie. Bull's eye. Diana has made very clear
              her strong animosity against everything spiritual, including
              religions. The idea that childhood and magic are connected is, of
              course, abhorrent to her. If any children feel drawn to magic,
              through their own creativity or through the literature of C. S.
              Lewis, Lewis Carroll, Joanne "Jo" Rowling (Harry Potter), plus
              innumerable Hollywood movies for children, featuring magic,
              witchcraft, fantasy, imagination, anthros or anthro-infected
              predators are behind it, steeped as they are in medieval
              pseudo-science, quackery, magic, and such deadly poisons that corrupt
              the souls of the young, except they have no souls, of course, nobody does.

              I just came across something interesting. There's been some editing
              wars lately at Wikipedia over various articles related to Steiner and
              anthroposophy. Well guess what, the Wikipedia article about Harry
              Potter has been subject to vandalism lately:

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter

              "Because of recent vandalism or other disruption, editing of this
              article by unregistered or newly registered users is currently disabled."

              So the vandals are not only targeting anthroposophy, but Joanne "Jo"
              Rowling's authorship as well. What's next? Will these vandals also
              attack the works of C. S. Lewis, Lewis Carroll, and others? I seem to
              recall that the Grimm Brothers' fairy tales are high up on diana's
              target list, and so are Norwegian fairy tales, especially with the
              hero chopping heads off trolls and all that. Apparently, hatred
              against magic comes primarily from Christian fundamentalists at the
              radical right, the rapture people. And those are the very people
              Diana and her fellow Hole-rodents have gone to bed with in their
              battle against anthroposophy, which they perceive to be the root of
              all magic, quackery, and similar evil, although there's no such thing
              as evil, of course, just like nobody has a soul.

              Well, even if nobody has a soul and there's no such thing as magic,
              no gods, no discarnate spirits or anything like that, we're still
              left with the indisputable fact that the Unthinkable Facility, the
              Unplumbed Toilet and its Abyss, the portal into utter darkness
              guarded by Asuric beings in the shape of meat-eating (ass-biting)
              rats, is very real indeed, and everything spewed from that place proves it.

              Tarjei

              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 7, 2006
                Whew. You see, here's what the problem is: they all
                want to be the experts. And the only others who get to
                be right are those that agree with their science only!
                ideology.

                Dr. Dugan:

                "We had a long discussion of this a few years ago. If
                I recall correctly, the reason menarche has moved down
                in age is -- better nutrition!"

                Sponsored Link

                Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill.
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 7, 2006
                  Tadaaaa the infamous Peter Staudenmaier:

                  http://www.einaudi.cornell.edu/Europe/funding/luigi.asp

                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 7, 2006
                    http://www.einaudi.cornell.edu/Europe/funding/luigi.asp

                    Interesting neck I would say. d

                    Sponsored Link

                    Get a free Motorola Razr! Today Only!
                    Choose Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, or T-Mobile.
                    http://www.letstalk.com/inlink.htm?to=592913
                  • Lennart Sundström
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 8, 2006
                      Congratulations! Dear Fellow Americans,

                      Rumsfeld´s gone.
                      Robert Gates to go.

                      God bless America and sweet peacegreetings from the subways in the outskirts of the Empire,
                      Lennart

                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 8, 2006
                        Lennart wrote:

                        >Dear Fellow Americans,
                        >
                        >Rumsfeld´s gone.
                        >Robert Gates to go.
                        >
                        >God bless America and sweet peacegreetings from
                        >the subways in the outskirts of the Empire,
                        >Lennart

                        God is blushing in embarrassment at all this
                        awful "God bless" stuff, and I don't think America can take much more of it.

                        Tarjei
                      • Michael Howell
                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 9, 2006
                          His eyes are too close together!
                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 9, 2006
                            Michael, one can see a thing in the future organ of
                            creation: throat chakra. It is my experience that
                            certain people all sides of the spectrum can be shown
                            what ails them in the throat chakra: for good or for
                            bad.

                            If we look at Mr. Staudenmaier's throat chakra, and
                            not meaning to, I mean it just jumps out just like a
                            few others, one can see something of startling
                            clarity. But I don't think of it as good or bad rather
                            I think of it as 'oh damn! look at that, look what he
                            has to deal with. I think we all have this test to
                            overcome that which moves within us propelling us one
                            way or the other. Our antipathies and our sympathies
                            in this lifetime can not be the guiding power, it must
                            come from our own inner freedom, our own kernal of the
                            I Am seed within earh of us.

                            My thoughts,
                            Dottie
                            > Tadaaaa the infamous Peter Staudenmaier:

                            http://www.einaudi.cornell.edu/Europe/funding/luigi.asp

                            > Sponsored Link
                            >
                            > Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to
                            > $300 a year on your phone bill.
                            > Sign up now. http://www.vonage.com/startsavingnow/

                            http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                          • Frank Smith
                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 11, 2006
                              --- gaelman58 <gaelman58@...> wrote:

                              > Friends: I tend to enjoy the posts of Peter S.
                              > because I find some
                              > of the things he writes humorous. I certainly don't
                              > mean laughable
                              > in the sense of ridicule...I mean he's apparently
                              > earnest and wishes
                              > to be taken seriously. That would not, of course,
                              > be particular to
                              > him, would it?
                              >
                              > Consider these bits from the forwarded post:

                              (snip)
                              > "I loathe Stirner..."...probably in the same way
                              > that Frank loathes
                              > the seminal thinker and problem solver, George
                              > Steinbrunner.

                              He's wrong again. I LOVE Steinbrunner, because he
                              fucks up the Yankees spending loads of dough on the
                              most expensive players, forgetting that it's a team
                              that wins, not the payroll. Meanwhile the
                              Mets...well..wait till next year.

                              Frank

                              Frank Thomas Smith
                              http://SouthernCrossReview.org

                              http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                            • gaelman58
                              Message 14 of 14 , Nov 14, 2006
                                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Frank Smith
                                <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

                                > --- gaelman58 <gaelman58@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > > Friends: I tend to enjoy the posts of Peter S.
                                > > because I find some
                                > > of the things he writes humorous. I certainly don't
                                > > mean laughable
                                > > in the sense of ridicule...I mean he's apparently
                                > > earnest and wishes
                                > > to be taken seriously. That would not, of course,
                                > > be particular to
                                > > him, would it?
                                > >
                                > > Consider these bits from the forwarded post:
                                >
                                > (snip)
                                > > "I loathe Stirner..."...probably in the same way
                                > > that Frank loathes
                                > > the seminal thinker and problem solver, George
                                > > Steinbrunner.
                                >
                                > He's wrong again. I LOVE Steinbrunner, because he
                                > fucks up the Yankees spending loads of dough on the
                                > most expensive players, forgetting that it's a team
                                > that wins, not the payroll. Meanwhile the
                                > Mets...well..wait till next year.
                                >
                                > Frank
                                >

                                > Frank Thomas Smith
                                > http://SouthernCrossReview.org

                                > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

                                Well, Frank, I'm thinking credit ought be given where it's due...I
                                recall you've touted two teams here...the Mets and Detroit...both
                                made the Series...as for Steinbrunner, there are some who think he's
                                he's guilty of crimes against humanity owing to what he did to Yogi
                                Berra in the 80's...I'd be one of them.

                                As for the loather and loathee mentioned above...they have something
                                in common :)...according to things they've written they hold a
                                belief that's fairly common...that is, they believe that the mental
                                processes take place literally "in the head"...a dogma of
                                materialistic science, eh?...D.