One for Tarjei

  • Jo Ann Schwartz
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5 3:20 PM
      Interesting article in the SF Chronicle on Dylan photos that turned up after 30+
      years...

      http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/04/04/DDGSAI1K731.DTL

      Cheers,
      JoAnn
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5 7:38 PM
        Jo Ann wrote:

        > Interesting article in the SF Chronicle on Dylan photos that
        turned up after 30+
        > years...
        >
        > http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?
        f=/c/a/2006/04/04/DDGSAI1K731.DTL

        Thanks for the nostalgia and the cultural snapshots. The Beat Poets
        of Greenwich Village were a very special bunch indeed.

        The article reads:
        Someone pulled a fire alarm, and a pair of hook-and-ladder engines,
        sirens blaring and lights flashing, zoomed onto the scene.
        Firefighters milled about until informed there was no blaze.

        "I guess we all could have been put in jail for that," Ferlinghetti
        says coyly. "Do you think the statute of limitations has expired?"

        Hmmm... I'm wondering if that's where BD picked up the line,

        The pump don't work
        'Cause the vandals took the handles

        Tarjei
      • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7 7:20 AM
          Thanks for posting this JoAnn. I particularly liked this description:

          "24-year-old Robert Allen Zimmerman from Hibbing, Minn. - a.k.a. Bob
          Dylan. This new minstrel won startled notices, as if an angel had leaped
          onstage with his hair and clothes on fire."

          musing how wheels of fire keep on turning,
          DrD.