Re: Propaganda with a twist

  • isenhart7
    Message 1 of 508 , Apr 3, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Jo Ann
      Schwartz <sr_joanna@...> wrote:

      > JoAnn:
      > I have never heard that the teachers get tuition remission
      because they are
      > anthroposophists. (Do other anthroposophists at your school
      get special tuition
      > breaks?) At our school, teachers and staff who work at least
      1/2 time are given
      > tuition remission (based on FTE -- full time equivalent)
      because it seems a little
      > unfair that folks who work at the school can't afford the tuition
      for their children
      > on the salaries we pay them. Perhaps salaries are more
      princely out west; our
      > average salary is a bit less than $30K. Even with the max
      financial aid, teachers
      > would have to pay $4500 for one child to attend the school --
      quite a bite out of
      > the check, wouldn't you agree?
      >
      > In my eldest daughter's class, one of the kids was the son of
      an alumna, who was
      > herself a fully trained waldorf teacher. She was also a single
      mom, and she taught
      > in the public schools because even *with* tuition remission,
      she couldn't make it on
      > what the waldorf school paid.
      >
      > Musing it ain't always about evil anthros gaming the system...
      > JoAnn

      Dear JoAnn,

      Some schools out here do administer teacher waivers as you
      describe-DWS for instance. My school provides remission for
      college members only. Not faculty, not staff so this sets up a sort
      of hierarchy. -Val
    • pete_karaiskos
      Message 508 of 508 , Apr 18, 2006
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Mike T"
        <leosun_75@...> wrote:

        > Pete Always Right,
        > Has that constipation gone to your head again?

        Keep your mouth open - I'll turn around...

        Pete