Re: The Origins of Eurythmy

  • pete_karaiskos
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "jmnguyen"
      <jmnguyen@...> wrote:

      > Pete wrote:
      >
      > It's the SMUG...
      >
      > Pete

      > You mean "smugness"?
      > Wow --- I wasn't expecting you to make a full confession so quickly!
      > Congratulations!

      I wasn't expecting you to actually get what I was referring to. And I
      wasn't disappointed.

      Pete

      jetsam of the WC - both ladies and gents toilets must have overflowed."

      > *Intellectual dummies* are so commonplace that I wasn't paying
      much attention to recent posts spread with elaborate bullshit...
      > But suddenly, there's an awful stink in here!
      >
      > Jean-Marc

      What he
> [...]
      savages. It
      > was, after all, the Roaring 20's and many like-like dances had
      invaded
      > modern culture. As he watched the dancers gyrating to the powerful
      > rhythms, Rudy was reflecting on the hardening of the spirit, how
      some
      > races experienced a hardening earlier in their development, while
      > others, the white race in particular, was only now getting
      rigid. The
      > pulsating rhythms and the gyrating dancers reminded Rudy of how easy
      > it was for the lower races to solidify - especially since they
      > participated in dances like these regularly. As spiritually evolved
      > as Rudy was, he could not deny that, indeed, he himself was
      hardening.
      > He realized at that moment that the hardening he was
      experiencing was
      > related to the dance he was witnessing. The more wildly the
      scantily
      > clad savages were dancing, the more Rudy could feel his spirit-man
      > hardening. He realized he would have to devote some time and effort
      > into working with his spirit-man to hopefully overcome his blood.
      >
      > When Rudy returned home, his lovely wife Marie was there to
      greet him
      > at the door with his favorite cocktail of orange juice and
      salt-peter,
      > shaken, not stirred. Instead of taking the drink, he grabbed Marie
      > around the waist and moved her into the middle of the floor. Marie
      > had never seen this particular gleam in his eyes. OK, maybe once
      while
      > he was reading Oswald Spengler's "The Decline of the West". Still,
      > Marie didn't know what to do, and wished he had downed his
      cocktail as
      > he usually did. Instead, Rudy left her in the middle of the
      room, and
      > took a seat in his favorite overstuffed chair. Then, he leaned over
      > and whispered words that were completely uncharacteristic for
      > him."Dance for me Baby."
      >
      > Now, Marie didn't know what to do. She was not accustomed to
      dancing
      > for her man, so rather nervously, she started gliding along the
      floor.
      > She was noticing a part of Rudy she had never seen. Yet, the prim
      > and proper Marie couldn't bring herself to dance like a savage.
      > Certainly Rudy wouldn't want her in *that* way. As she danced, she
      > moved neither lower or upper torso. She was careful not to lift her
      > feet or twirl around. She just glided along in the most
      unprovocative
      > way she could think of - always facing forward since she didn't want
      > to turn her back on her husband whose intentions she could only
      guess at.

      > Rudy, realizing that this was not exactly the type of dance he was
      > expecting began shouting "Work it Baby, work it." Poor Marie didn't
      > know what else to do - so she started moving her arms wildly.
      straight
      > out, over her head, straight down. Rudy heard her making sounds
      > "Oooo, Eeeee, Ahhhh, Oh. OH. OHHHH. But Rudy still wasn't
      feeling the
      > hardening of his spirit-man. In fact, as he watched Marie
      dance, all
      > he could think about was "When will this be over". It was as if
      Marie
      > had inadvertently discovered a replacement for his salt-peter
      > cocktail. More precisely, she had discovered something to
      prevent the
      > hardening of man. This is, of course, something Rudy wanted to
      > preserve for the white race - and European man in particular, so he
      > and Marie decided to name her new dance - EURYTHMY. And 81 years
      > later, this dance is still being used to insure the flaccidity
      of man.
      > and people everywhere who witness this dance are as unmoved by it as
      > Rudy was, often overheard whispering to each other "When will
      this be
      > over".
      >
      > In later years, Rudy never again found stimulation for his
      spirit-man
      > (he started calling it "spear-it-man"), and regular performances of
      > eurythmy made sure he wasn't without adequate means to suppress his
      > urges, yet he often reminisced about the experience at the bawdy
      show.
      > He longed for the burst of clairvoyance he had at that moment
      when he
      > was able to fully appreciate the benefits of the hardening of man
      > through his blood. He formulated in his mind a plan that he hoped
      > would benefit all of Europe. On several occasions, he was overheard
      > muttering the following statement: "I am convinced that if we
      get yet
      > another set of Negro novels and give them to pregnant women to read,
      > then Negroes do not have to come to Europe to conceive mulattos;
      just
      > by reading Negro novels, half-blood children will be born in
      Europe."
      > Many people interpret this as Rudy hoping that this plan might put
      > him in contact with mulattos in Europe and that this might
      rekindle in
      > him the hardening he could never again achieve otherwise.
      >
      > After Rudy's death, Marie continued to spread her Eurythmy all
      around
      > Europe, with the exception of France (it seems France had imported
      > better sources of entertainment) and was successful in
      single-handedly
      > ensuring that Europe is the most sexually repressed continent on the
      > planet.

      of Service.

    • jmnguyen
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2006
        I wasn't expecting you to actually get what you were referring to... Congratulations anyway!

        Jean-Marc
        > Wow --- I wasn't expecting you to make a full confession so quickly!
        > Congratulations!

        I wasn't expecting you to actually get what I was referring to.  And I
        wasn't disappointed.

        Pete

      • pete_karaiskos
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 3, 2006
          There you go again. Hop away now...

          Pete

          <jmnguyen@...> wrote:

          > I wasn't expecting you to actually get what you were referring to...
          Congratulations anyway!

          > Jean-Marc

          Service.