Re: Musical Interlude and a Question for Pete

  • pete_karaiskos
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2006
      <reefer@...> wrote:

      > Pete wrote:
      >
      > >That you have to defend Mike is evidence enough that he is out of
      > >his league debating me.
      >
      > Defending Mike? What would I defend my fellow therapist for? I'm just
      > helping him analyze you.

      Physician, heal thyself.

      > We discuss diagnostical issues about you and
      > test alternative approaches. Mike was very successful by eliciting
      > the very reaction from you that he accurately predicted; then it was
      > my task to analyze that reaction as we had agreed. Our next
      > discussion will be about the proper choice of medication for you.

      More nonsense. What a surprise...

      ZZZZzzzz...

      Pete
    • winters_diana
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 3, 2006
        Tarjei wrote:

        >When I was at that business convention in Nice a few weeks ago, the
        >president of the company pointed out that they never make statues of
        >critics. This made me reflective. This statement is very true. They
        >make statues of achievers, artists, builders, initiates, conquerers,
        >discoverers, inventors, but never critics. The critics scream and
        >yell and curse and tell the whole world that all creativity,
        >spirituality, healing, discovery, vision, invention,

        Yeah - you work with one of those multilevel marketing things, right?
        They preach a very particular kind of condescending rhetoric of this
        nature, a sort of warped "positive thinking" spiel. Heard it many
        times. Only a certain number of people can make any actual money in
        these schemes - it depends on multitudes of people at the bottom who
        will eventually be screwed over, but must be forewarned that it will be
        all their own fault when the scheme collapses, because they
        were "thinking negatively."

        Diana
      • Tarjei Straume
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 3, 2006
          Diana wrote:

          >Yeah - you work with one of those multilevel marketing things, right?
          >They preach a very particular kind of condescending rhetoric of this
          >nature, a sort of warped "positive thinking" spiel.

          If you think it's condescending to point out that critics don't get
          statues made after them while they have to look in frustration at
          their targets being recognized for generations in spite of their
          screaming protests, so be it. And it doesn't matter whether the
          targets are within anthroposophy, healing, network marketing,
          astrology, or what have you. Critics' lists of "evil cults and
          schemes" are miles long, and all they do is complain, whine, attack,
          libel, defame, try to tear other people down. That's all they do.
          That's how they devote their lives. It's their lifestyle of choice.
          And anything constructive or positive is called "warped thinking."

          So, here endeth the dialogue. Take your sour grapes elsewhere.

          Tarjei
        • winters_diana
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 4, 2006
            >network marketing

            Oh that's the term now, "network marketing"? Sounds so much better
            than "pyramid scheme."
            Diana