Re: Musical Interlude and a Question for Pete

  • pete_karaiskos
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2006
      Tarjei,

      That you have to defend Mike is evidence enough that he is out of his
      league debating me. So, apparently, are you because after repeated
      requests for some substantive debate, you continue to prefer comic
      relief. You've got nothing of substance to add, just more bullshit in
      defense of Mike's bullshit. I don't see anybody rushing to build
      statues for either of you. But hey, I love being able to bring out
      the true nature of Anthroposophist (the need to obfuscate the truth to
      protect their beliefs and the need to squelch dissenting opinions from
      an imagined higher moral ground) whenever I visit here.

      Hopefully, everyone reading your post will recognise it for what it is
      - and what it isn't. Perhaps not the Anthroposophists who, like
      Ophelia, are drowning in their own insanity, but certainly others who
      can keep an objective perspective of what is said here.

      Pete

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" <reefer@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > > You really want to keep at it with me? Bring it...
      >
      > Pete is asking for more anthro-therapy. Any takers?
      >

      > > > You have styled yourself before
      > > > as the most all knowing about Anthroposophy; so why do you then
      > say
      > > "Rudolf
      > > > Steiner is not a God, just a rotting corpse?"
      > >
      > > Um... because Rudolf Steiner is not a God, just a rotting corpse.
      >
      > It makes one wonder how many years it takes for a corpse to rot,
      > especially after cremation. Perhaps rotting dust is meant, whatever
      > that is, but if the dust turns to soil and the soil to plants that
      > produce fruits, and Pete eats the fruits and recognizes that he may
      > be eating atoms that once existed in Rudolf Steiner's body and
      > therefore says that he is eating Steiner's rotting flesh, he has an
      > obsession with Rudolf Steiner of Shakespearean proportions: Hamlet
      > and the graveyard scene. So this is what he means when he says Mike
      > is out of his league, that Pete is the Prince of Denmark out to
      > revenge the murder of his father, a crime which in this case must
      > have been done by an anthroposophist on Rudolf Steiner's orders.
      >
      > > Well, my lowest was when I actually believed Steiner's nonsense.
      > > Then
      > > I realised how I was, like Steiner's carcass, watching my
      > spirituality
      > > decompose while I was busy with such dogmatic ruminations.
      >
      > Hamlet believed that the spirit was linked to the corpse after
      > death, in spite of his father returning from the dead as a ghost.
      > When Pete says he was watching his spirituality "decompose", he is
      > clearly suffering from the Hamlet syndrome.

      > > confronted the truth - that I hated who I had become... (to borrow
      > > from last night's Southpark) I became SMUG.
      >
      > That also sounds very much like Prince Hamlet in one of his
      > monologues, and his conversations with Ophelia.
      >
      > > Indeed, there is a lot of
      > > smugness right here on this list with people who insist they know
      > more
      > > than I do about spiritual things.
      >
      > Pete is attracted to anthroposophists because they know that the
      > spirit is not tied to rotting corpses after death, and he is hoping
      > for these anthro-therapists to relieve him of his delusional
      > shakespearean suffering, but his smugness gets in the way, which he
      > projects upon his therapists as a knee-jerk reaction.
      >
      > > Anyway, it only took me a moment to
      > > wake up and realize my mistake - and how Anthroposophy had pulled
      > me
      > > away from the true spirit and beauty of God.
      >
      > So Pete is attracted to anthroposophy because he wants something to
      > pull him away from beauty and God and truth. And when anthroposophy
      > threatens to do the opposite, he becomes confused.
      >
      > More therapy is required, but Pete needs a more generous insurance
      > policy to cover it.
      >
      > Tarjei
      > http://uncletaz.com/
      >
      > "Against stupidity the gods themselves are powerless."

    • Tarjei Straume
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2006
        Pete wrote:

        >That you have to defend Mike is evidence enough that he is out of
        >his league debating me.

        Defending Mike? What would I defend my fellow therapist for? I'm just
        helping him analyze you. We discuss diagnostical issues about you and
        test alternative approaches. Mike was very successful by eliciting
        the very reaction from you that he accurately predicted; then it was
        my task to analyze that reaction as we had agreed. Our next
        discussion will be about the proper choice of medication for you.

        Tarjei
      • pete_karaiskos
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 1, 2006
          <reefer@...> wrote:

          > Pete wrote:
          >
          > >That you have to defend Mike is evidence enough that he is out of
          > >his league debating me.
          >
          > Defending Mike? What would I defend my fellow therapist for? I'm just
          > helping him analyze you.

          Physician, heal thyself.

          > We discuss diagnostical issues about you and
          > test alternative approaches. Mike was very successful by eliciting
          > the very reaction from you that he accurately predicted; then it was
          > my task to analyze that reaction as we had agreed. Our next
          > discussion will be about the proper choice of medication for you.

          More nonsense. What a surprise...

          ZZZZzzzz...

          Pete
        • winters_diana
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 3, 2006
            Tarjei wrote:

            >When I was at that business convention in Nice a few weeks ago, the
            >president of the company pointed out that they never make statues of
            >critics. This made me reflective. This statement is very true. They
            >make statues of achievers, artists, builders, initiates, conquerers,
            >discoverers, inventors, but never critics. The critics scream and
            >yell and curse and tell the whole world that all creativity,
            >spirituality, healing, discovery, vision, invention,

            Yeah - you work with one of those multilevel marketing things, right?
            They preach a very particular kind of condescending rhetoric of this
            nature, a sort of warped "positive thinking" spiel. Heard it many
            times. Only a certain number of people can make any actual money in
            these schemes - it depends on multitudes of people at the bottom who
            will eventually be screwed over, but must be forewarned that it will be
            all their own fault when the scheme collapses, because they
            were "thinking negatively."

            Diana
          • Tarjei Straume
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 3, 2006
              Diana wrote:

              >Yeah - you work with one of those multilevel marketing things, right?
              >They preach a very particular kind of condescending rhetoric of this
              >nature, a sort of warped "positive thinking" spiel.

              If you think it's condescending to point out that critics don't get
              statues made after them while they have to look in frustration at
              their targets being recognized for generations in spite of their
              screaming protests, so be it. And it doesn't matter whether the
              targets are within anthroposophy, healing, network marketing,
              astrology, or what have you. Critics' lists of "evil cults and
              schemes" are miles long, and all they do is complain, whine, attack,
              libel, defame, try to tear other people down. That's all they do.
              That's how they devote their lives. It's their lifestyle of choice.
              And anything constructive or positive is called "warped thinking."

              So, here endeth the dialogue. Take your sour grapes elsewhere.

              Tarjei
            • winters_diana
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 4, 2006
                >network marketing

                Oh that's the term now, "network marketing"? Sounds so much better
                than "pyramid scheme."
                Diana