Perps/Believabiliy

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2006
      Friends, Yeah, race and sex. We can certainly have a discussion
      about them that will lead to clarity :)...still I'm all for it
      because it'll be entertaining.

      Why? Well, good bullshit if well written is nonetheless
      worthwhile...especially if there's a bit of irony and self-
      deprecation in it...something the really good comics do...and the
      good writer(s) on the list manage to do...q.v.

      Sex...unfortunately most of the women will blather about how they've
      been victimized, taken advantage of, not appreciated enough and so
      on...the anecdotal stuff from the men will bespeak competence,
      mastery of that "sort of thing"....including, believe it or not,
      sensitivity. That last bit is really funny...as Chris Rock pointed
      out the main reason a guy goes to a Feminist rally is to get
      laid...which a feminist has no problem with as long as he comes on
      to her and no other.

      The best anecdotal stuff will come from those who cast themselves as
      perpetrators and screw-ups...in the spirit of, "my kid is a real
      pain in the ass and the school puts up with him/her"...that's not
      likely here tho...is it?....G.