Obsessive disorders and self observation

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2006
      "But the strawberries,
      that's where I had them.
      I proved with geometric logic that a
      duplicate key to the icebox existed.
      I could have produced that key. They
      were protecting some officer ...
      Naturally, I can only cover
      these things from memory.
      If I've left anything out,
      just ask me specific questions -"

      Bradford comments;

      Here is the crushing moment when the psychological strain on
      Humphrey Bogart reveals that his nervous tic, playing with three
      steelies, three marbles, three spinning marbles in his hand, was a
      nervous obsessive compulsive tic. But here on this list, its the
      knife and the aid and the kindergarten assitant and all that
      happened aboard the evil ship Waldorf. They were out to get Diana.
      Diana knew that they were irresponsible. They didn't have wisdom.
      They were speaking in coded language, they were all defending
      themselves..but Diana and Pete knew, they knew, like Bogart was
      convinced, that the strawberries had a key and that karma had a key
      and that key was the horrible secret racism that was hid...but they
      knew..these two pathological nut cases, that the teachers were
      manipulating the reality. Of course a child got hurt, cut! There was
      blood, strawberries in the water...and Diana knew, knew only too
      well that they were hiding, sneaking behind her back.... Of she had
      better sense, she didn't have that baggage of nonsense that the
      Waldorf teachers wore like the red badge of courage.

      Ya know, because of the immense circular pathology of watching dogs
      go round and round chasing their tails...and for what? Well because
      the illiterate irrational pathology cannot disengage from its
      pathological activity...it snaps. Oh that it would snap. But then it
      goes back to the same repetitive motion, mental, disorder and
      repeats the same process again and again.

      Illiterate because these pathological types are unable to see the
      pathology they are pursuing so they repeat it over and over and over
      again in obsessive compulsive repetitiveness. It is a mental
      disorder. A tic. A soul disorder. And I find it fascinating when you
      can look at it and watch it and watch those on this list who have
      tendencies to the same obsessive type of disorder, start chasing
      their tails in proof of some vain and useless point.

      The point is that we are observing with great interest a form of
      pathology. It should interest us a great deal to observe this
      process and find a mirrored example of the type of behavior that has
      been presented clearly by our fellow humans. It is a pity that self
      observation, soul observation and Moral Imaginations that reveal the
      flaws in the fatal circularness of this amazing misuse of bandwidth
      never dawns on the soul to ask themselves, what am I doing? Where is
      this going? What is the point in the pointless forest I am seeking?

      However as witness to it there is hardly any way to deny that you
      are witnessing compulsive behavior. Maybe somebody could find better
      examples than Strawberries, but indeed Bogart, after intense soul
      strain, needed pity, therapy and recuperation from the strain of
      war. Were there unacknowledged issues whirling under the surface?
      Ya, you bettcha. Should Bogart remain in a command position? No. How
      about parents and messy divorces? There are always, at least two
      sides to every argument. How about finger pointing and blaming
      everyone else for my subjective issues...even though we understand
      that there are flaws in every school, every school has flaws.. But
      Pete and Diana, and Pete S, are perfect, perfect examples of
      obsessive soul conditions carried out in the intellectual soul to
      the point of pathology.

      It isn't a bad thing to have inner schooling to understand such
      things. In fact the more it spins in front of us, the easier it is
      to predict the motion. But then what conclusions can you draw? Was
      Bogart right? What about "Crimson Tide"? What a great piece of
      tension between Denzel Washington and Gene Hackman. But in Bogart's
      case it was without a doubt obsessive compulsive repetitive disorder
      that we have examined here on this list as aspects of our
      dysfunctions....Dysfunctions that we only have to admit, laugh about
      and find out how we start spinning in defensive denial. It is our
      spinning in defensive denial and our blame of others...and
      certainly....I have also fully felt the bite and sting...that has
      halted me in utter defeat, depression, self examination and bitter
      assessment of what these real moments of karma mean. Sometimes they
      are just awful bitter and painful lessons when either we see into
      ourselves or we see the way others have brought the nails for our
      crucifixon.

      FROM THE CAINE MUTINY

      My disloyal officers f ailed me,
      and the key couldn't be found.