Body of Christ

    Message 1 of 85 , Nov 22, 2003
      Hi Rick and All,

      Rick, I am wondering if you have ever thought of why it is that
      Christ can not come back in the body form? Why not?

      I have been thinking on your comments regarding Christs body and how
      it basically disintegrated and was at its worst during the
      transfiguration. I am reading an amazing book written by Douglas
      Klotz. He interprets Aramaic which was mostly spoken before the
      middle east before Islam came into a totality of sorts.

      Speaking of the last supper Klotz interprets the word 'body'
      as 'corpse' and says it speaks to this: This term (bashar) does not,
      however indicate a form, only a substance. Although Aramaic has two
      words that might be translated 'body' the one used in the Gospels
      (for instance, in Jesus' words "This is my body" during the Last
      Supper) really means 'corpse'; that is, an enfleshed being that is no
      longer living (and thereby no longer fulfilling its divine function).

      This got me to thinking that maybe Jesus' body was absolutely
      consumed by the spirit of Christ by the last supper and it is no
      longer available to Him even if He wanted.

      This Mr. Klotz also speaks to the issue of how the breath of God and
      the Kingdom of God are both feminine gendered. Even to the point of
      saying that the earliest traditions of the Christian Jews stated that
      it was Sophia/Shekinah whom called out to the Baptism of John
      saying 'this is my Son in whom I am well pleased. Pretty interesting
      to think that what may have happened was the Greek characterizations
      of a thing. He speaks to this as well. Which leads me to Jesus
      calling out Mother behold your Son and Son behold your Mother.

      Anyway, why is it that Jesus will not return in the body? I am not
      worried as we can see him in our mind/heart clouds but unto what is
      this mystery?

      Good Night,

      Dottie
    • Richard Distasi
      Message 85 of 85 , Dec 16, 2003
        Tarjei,

        I wish I could locate the quote from Steiner in which he said that because of the ahrimanic impulses that weave through human souls today that the time spent between incarnations is much shorter now. It may be from, "The Ahrimanic Deception" lecture. Not only are initiates returning sooner and I believe that because of their advanced state they were always able to do so but also everyone has a stronger and more developed Ego than what was the case centuries and millennia ago. The need to spend centuries in the spiritual world in times past was necessary because the Ego was much weaker than it is now for most people. Also the time spent in the spiritual world was often in a condition in which it was asleep. The bible has several references to the dead in which it refers to the dead as those who are in sleep. And these books were written during their times which were two thousand years ago and more. The Ego would return to the earth when either physical conditions changed dramatically or in the post Atlantean Period when the cultural change would be a factor. The world is culturally changing more rapidly now than ever before. Look back to the early years of the 20th. century and now to the present. It is almost two different worlds. To be present at the beginning of the 20th. century and not reincarnate again until centuries into the future would be a great loss for the human soul/Ego. You can't gain in the spiritual world what can only be gained here on earth.

        I don't feel that the dynamics of reincarnation are stagnate but rather they are ever in flux and flow with the dynamics of human evolution. Spending centuries in the spiritual world between incarnations is a thing of the past. Steiner may point out that the human Ego follows generations of people here on earth before it reincarnates. But let's be realistic in what we see about us in the world today. Since W.W.II the world has experienced a tremendous population explosion and I simply cannot accept that we all now spend centuries following a bloodline in which we then incarnate. This may still hold true for those who have a very special role to play in human evolution and that they need to incarnate into very special conditions but for the most part I think we incarnate when we are ready and we take on an incarnation that is closest to what would fit our destiny. I don't think that it is as precise and exact as many occultists espouse though this would be the ideal rather than the actual reality anymore.

        rick distasi