Re: Anthroposophical Fructifiability

  • Mike helsher
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2006
      Thanks for the history Tarjei,

      I read up on Jens a while back, and now I'm gonna read up some more.
      Sound like my kinda guy through and through.

      This jumped out at me:

      But for Bjørneboe, the sex laws of the country had a very special
      meaning. At age 18, he had been convicted to three months in prison
      for having been with a girl who was a couple of months under 'age of
      consent'.

      Though I don't think that Zappa was much of a philosopher, I do
      believe that he and Jens had allot in common. Zappa was also jailed
      young in life (early twenties) for a stupid sex offense, and he was
      set up for it by the the guy that prosecuted him. He spent only a few
      weeks (if memory serves) in Jail and never showered the whole time he
      was there. Rumor has it that this is what gave him much of his early
      bitterness toward the establishment, and the ridicules ideas about
      the so called "freedom" here in the U S of A. That combined with his
      Catholic indoctrination early in life gave him much fuel for the
      raging against the machine that he so sarcastically, and humorously
      articulated with his music (not to mention his pictorial debut in
      Hustler Mag).

      I hear People sometimes say that he was cynical and had no heart (his
      wife says the "Frank didn't do Love")and perhaps that's true to a
      degree, but more so I think he suffered form a broken heart; like
      allot of people do when they realize in the harshest of ways that
      most of the stuff that was handed to us as good... was bullshit.

      I dunno, it's a guitar player thing I guess. I hear in some of his
      music, and especially his guitar solo's, what I would call a
      connection, of sorts. A kind of connection that I sometimes
      experience reading Poetry or Philosophy, but a little different.

      Rude and obnoxious for sure, but oh what an inspiration for the
      thinking underdogs of a cookie cutter society.

      (incidentally, I always liked the "Underdog" cartoon when I was a
      kid, and I think I know why: He was the only cartoon character that
      was on drugs - he was always taking his "super energy pill").

      There's something to be said about seemingly demented genius I think,
      and the snuffing out of the brightest candles of truth.

      More on that later I hope

      Mike