Re: I'll give it a whirl, Father Tom

  • winters_diana
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 27, 2006

      and Tom writes:

      >Deborah,

      >That is not only very funny but also very perceptive because even
      >language itself has been given over to Uncle Ahriman for his
      >consumption,

      Oh, for heaven's sake, can't you people just laugh at a genuinely
      funny joke, without having to drag heavy anthro crap in to "make it
      okay"? Can't anthroposophists JUST make a joke - does it always have
      to be anthroposophically correct?

      If I had to point to one simple example of why after several years I
      found anthroposophical circles absolutely suffocating and intolerable
      places to be, that sort of thing would be it. And Tom is apparently
      considered a real hilarious guy.

      >the result is that it is no longer possible to do any art of any
      >kind of writing anymore.

      At first I thought that strange statement must be a mistake or typo-
      ridden, but assuming you really mean it isn't possible to do any kind
      of writing that is art, I wouldn't be surprised if that was your view
      within anthroposophy. Try reading, or writing, a bit *outside* of
      anthroposophy.
      Diana