Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: initiation and assimilation

  • Frank Smith
    Message 1 of 121 , Feb 4, 2006
      --- Stephen Clarke <mozartg@...> wrote:

      > Dear Dottie:
      >
      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com,
      > "dottie zold"
      > <dottie_z@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Can you tell me unto whom he was speaking?
      >
      > People in Stuttgart. Other than that, I have no
      > idea. Thre may be
      > some details about this in his warm-up comments at
      > the beginning of
      > some of the lectures.

      Dornach, to members of theA.S.
      Frank

      Frank Thomas Smith
      http://SouthernCrossReview.org

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Joel Wendt
      Message 121 of 121 , Mar 12 7:33 PM
        Hi Andrew!

        Nice to hear your "voice" here.

        Tomberg's Inner Development, written while he was still working out
        of Anthroposophy in the late 30's speaks of three aspects to the double,
        a luciferic aspect, an ahrimanic aspect and a human aspect.

        Steiner's Geographic Medicine (two lectures) in the second lecture
        describes two aspects to the double as causal elements in illness.

        Introspection, via Philosophy of Freedom, reveals soul phenomena to
        objective observation that confirms Tomberg's view.

        As I noted previously, Steiner spoke about parasites and/or
        spiritual carcinomas in Man as Symphony of the Creative Word (last
        lecture), which lines up with Tomberg's vision of three aspects to the
        double, if we take these "parasites" as connected to the human double

        My own view is that Steiner could only speak obliquely about the
        reality of the shadow side of the soul at the beginning of the 20th
        Century, and that now on the verge of the 21st it becomes necessary,
        especially in America to go more deeply into this material.

        Tomberg's Meditations goes deeply into these problems from another
        angle in the 15th Arcanum: The Devil. He there speaks of a tempter in
        the soul (the luciferic double) and a prosecutor in the soul (the
        ahrimanic double) and then of egregores (self created psychic parasites)
        or the human double.

        In the 12 Steps, which some are spreading confusion about here,
        mistaking the inability of many to really do the work, with what
        actually lives in the Steps as a spiritual path, expressly exists to
        help humanity learn to deal with the human double or the egregores.

        In my book "the Way of the Fool", in the third section on Love:
        second stanza: the Seventh Day of Creation as an Expression of Love -
        concerning the role of Divine Love, and human love, in the creation of
        new social forms, or what we usually call the Fall of one Civilization
        followed by the Birth of a new one [also contains the Fool's Tale (part
        II)] I go into great detail on this problem of the threefold nature of
        the double-complex.

        warm regards and greetings,
        joel