Moving on to Mars...

  • isenhart7
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2006
      I was thinking about calling thiis post the "Hodge Podge" or
      "Random Musings"-yeah I could find a lot of things to post about
      Mars and the influence of Mars but what is on my mind is the
      current war that this country is engaged in. Plus I still have one
      foot stuck in the Sun. So, by way of building a little bridge for
      myself I am going to bring, instead, the biology of homeland
      defense by Bruce Lipton. One of Lipton's points is that an
      organism cannot sustain active defense against perceived
      external threats and growth at the same time. This is telling if
      one can read his words with the country in mind as the organism
      being spoken of.

      It's the Hypothalumus that, in the axis Lipton discusses sends
      the signal to the Pituitary and the Pituitary sends the signal on
      accordingly. This has given rise, I guess, to the thinking that the
      Pituitayry is the master gland. The way I see it, is that the
      Hypothalumaus is the master gland, that it's all about perception
      in the first place-the signal origination, not about the pituitary
      interpretation or switch. The question is whether the Pituitary is
      active or passive. If the pathway is one of Hypothalumus to
      Pituitary to either Adrenals or Pineal then it looks as if the
      Pituitary is the fork in the road.

      But I've always seen this as, bear with me here, a straight vertical
      line-hypothalumus, pituitary, adrenal gland activation-intersected
      by another straight horizontal line-hypothalumus, pituitary, pineal.
      Why does it matter, who cares? Well, along the lines of
      Pisces-Virgo, continued activation of the HPP axis would mean
      growth, spiritual growth of an individual. And if the perceptions of
      the environment were ones of safety then this axis could be
      activated. If the environment is consistently perceived as unsafe,
      then I, as an individual on a spiritual path would either have to
      INSULATE myself from the environment or take a pill (ingest
      enough of a specific chemical) to overide the correct pituitary
      response.

      Or conversely, if I'm an individual who is not interested in the
      spiritual world I could take another pill to ensure that I would not
      have any unwelcome experiences. This is something that I know
      Steiner foresaw. That the creators of the Matrix foresaw. That this
      day would come. From my reading over the last two weeks
      related to gold I see that day has arrived.

      So then the question arises again, what is this war about, really?
      Some people still say terrorism, most oil, a few gold. But
      nowhere except here, as Bradford has said, have I seen or heard
      anyone saying that it is essentially a war for the very spirit of
      man. For the spiritual health and well being of humanity.

      From Bruce Lipton's new book, the cover of which is
      coinkidencally featured on Eric's Website...

      "The body is actually endowed with two separate protection
      systems, each vital to the maintenance of life. The first is the
      system that mobilizes protection against EXTERNAL threats. It is
      called the HPA axis, which stands for the
      Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis. When there are no threats,
      the HPA axis is inactive and growth flourishes. However, when
      the brain's hypothalamus perceives an environmental threat, it
      engages the HPA axis by sending a signal to the pituitary gland,
      the "Master Gland," which is responsible for organizing the fifty
      trillion cells of the community to deal with the impending threat."

      "The technical details of how stress stimuli engage the HPA axis
      follows a simple cascade:
      hypothalamus secretes a corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF),
      which travels to the pituitary gland. CRF activates special pituitary
      hormone secreting cells causing them to release
      adrenocorticotropic hormones (ACTH) into the blood. The ACTH
      then makes its way to the adrenal glands, where it serves as the
      signal to turn on the secretion of the "fight-flight" adrenal
      hormones. These stress hormones coordinate the function of
      the body's organs, providing us with great physiologic power to
      fend off or flee danger."

      "Once the adrenal alarm is sounded, the stress hormones
      released into the blood constrict the blood vessels of the
      digestive tract, forcing the energy providing blood to preferentially
      nourish the tissues of the arms and legs that enable us to get
      out of harm's way. Before the blood was sent to the extremities, it
      was concentrated in the visceral organs. Redistributing the
      viscera's blood to the limbs in the fight or flight response results
      in an inhibition of growth-related functions; without the blood's
      nourishment the visceral organs cannot function properly. The
      visceral organs stop doing their life-sustaining work of digestion,
      absorption, excretion and other functions that provide for growth
      of the cells and the production of the body's energy reserves.
      Hence, the stress response inhibits growth processes and
      further compromises the body's survival by interfering with the
      generation of vital energy reserves."

      "The body's second protection system is the immune system,
      which protects us from threats originating under the skin, such
      as those caused by bacteria and viruses. When the immune
      system is mobilized, it can consume much of the body's energy
      supply. To get a sense of how much energy the immune system
      expends, recall how physically weak you become when you are
      fighting infections such as a flu or a cold. When the HPA axis
      mobilizes the body for fight or flight response, the adrenal
      hormones directly repress the action of the immune system to
      conserve energy reserves. In fact, stress hormones are so
      effective at curtailing immune system function that doctors
      provided them to recipients of transplants so that their immune
      systems wouldn't reject the foreign tissues."

      "Why would the adrenal system shut down your immune
      system? Imagine that you are in your tent on the African
      savannah suffering from a bacterial infection and experiencing a
      bad case of diarrhea. You hear the gutty growl of a lion outside
      your tent. The (body) must respond to the greater threat. It will do
      your body no good to conquer the bacteria if you let the lion maul
      you. So your body halts the fight against the infection in favor of
      mobilizing energy for flight to survive your close encounter with
      the lion. Therefore, a secondary consequence of engaging the
      HPA axis is that it interferes with our ability to fight disease."

      "Activating the HPA axis also interferes with our ability to think
      clearly. The processing of information in the forebrain, the center
      of executive reasoning and logic, is significantly slower than the
      reflex activity controlled by the hindbrain, In an emergency, the
      faster the information processing, the more likely the organism
      will survive. Adrenal stress hormones constrict the blood
      vessels in the forebrain reducing its ability to function.
      Additionally, the hormones repress activity in the brain's
      pre-frontal cortex, the center of conscious volitional
      action-conscious activity. In an emergency, the vascular flow and
      hormones serve to activate the hindbrain, the source of
      life-sustaining reflexes that most effectively control fight or flight
      behavior. While it is necessary that stress signals repress the
      slower processing conscious mind to enhance survival, it
      comes at a cost, diminished conscious awareness and
      reduced intelligence. [Takamatsu, et al, 2003; Arnsten and
      Goldman-Rakic 1998; Goldstein, et al, 1996]"