Re: RS on Quetz. & Tezcat.

  • Stephen Clarke
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 1, 2006
      Dottie:

      I am surpised to hear you say that this lecture-pair by RS is
      negigible. Yes, it's difficult in a way that even those used to
      Steiner's oblique indications are not used to. But don't throw out
      the baby with the bathwater - this is his only set of indications
      about the Western Sun-initiate who stands behind all the American
      Saturn Mysteries. In light of that, no difficulty is too much.

      You really should read my "Mexican Mysteries Revisited"; I've covered
      all these things in great detail.

      One thing: in Steiner's day, as much was known about the Maya,
      Aztecs, Olmecs, etc., as about Mars. Steiner just did not have all
      that much upon which to hang his hat. I do not criticize him for
      that, but it does explain why his GA 171 material is so coarse and
      unnuanced.

      And, incidentally, I am usually criticized for going too far past
      what Steiner said. Now you say I'm too tied to his words? I do think
      his statements are worth parsing and evalauting on their merits; I
      don't think he _ever_ spoke frivolously, even in jest. I do not jump
      past what he says simple on the basis that I might not like it or
      find it difficult! In this lecture-cycle especially, I have found
      that application to Steiner's words more than repays the effort -
      even if some of them are found to be off-the-mark, many more than
      that are thereby proved to be essentially true.

      Stephen

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "dottie zold"
      <dottie_z@...> wrote:

      > Okay though, we can known that the spirit world is working with us
      on
      > this, the Hierarchies and those who have transitioned. I get they
      > want to hand you a gift Stephen, you specifically, so if you open
      up
      > your mind past what you think Steiner said, they will be able to
      give
      > it to you.
      >
      > My thoughts,
      > Dottie
      >
      > p.s. I can't look at below in a way because I don't think you can
      say
      > that he says anything specific in relation to anyone Being or Time
      > period as it really is too convoluted. And the text is a question
      for
      > us in a very big way. A red herring my friend, the size of
      > Gilbralter.
    • Stephen Clarke
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 2, 2006
        Dear Dottie:

        <dottie_z@...> wrote:

        > Dearest Stephen,
        >
        > I have to thank you for your patience while conversing
        > with me on a subject that is very dear to your heart
        > and one that you have spent many years contemplating.
        > In my earnestness to open up to something sometimes I
        > am too forthright in a thing and I could use a little
        > more consideration in my words. Pardon me.

        Uh, for what? When you are like you have been recently it is a
        delight.

        > And with that I would like to share a gift you have
        > given me and it is that I have been looking, since the
        > Holy Nights, for the connection between the Four
        > Archangels and Christ. And I have been looking to see
        > how they interrelate with Christ specifically. This
        > site I share with you has to do with an understanding
        > of how the Bacab's were the sons of the Most High God
        > of the Mayan tradition and how they were sent to the
        > Four Corners of the Earth. But something about how
        > they are one with Christ is what I had been looking
        > for. And now I have found it on my travels researching
        > some of what we were speaking on.
        >
        > http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread36095/pg
        >
        > I want to offer that I think it is really hard to
        > really come up with a final say as to what color and
        > what pole each of these amazing Four Brothers share. I
        > find them to be on a pole of sorts that has to do with
        > the Kabala and the dance inherent within it. I believe
        > there is an ongoing shift and they are not static.
        > That seems to make the most sense to me in all of the
        > studies I have looked at.

        Your intuition on this is correct. Any particular aspect of such a
        deity or spirit like these is a variable; they can shift or chage
        from culture to culture, from one time-period to another, or between
        different planes of access. Or the beings themselves may swap
        aaspects - the pre-Columbians in particular were crazy about this,
        although there was a method to their madness. But the
        essential "signature" or underlying quality of any elemental
        Direction was constant, i.e; North is structure and dissolution of
        structure, Dark Goddess qualities are always found here, etc.

        Christ is most frequently accessed from without through the West -
        the station of Love, although since his essential marker is his
        identification with the Self, it is the Fifth Direction of the Center
        which is his home plate. Interesting, becasue the Direction of the
        Center has no spatial extension; likewise, the Ego has no body in the
        sense that the physical, etheric, or astral do. And any Center
        point is identical with every other Center point. One who is familiar
        with mathematical theory on this will find a big inspiration on the
        nature of the Christ with this. And it is true: if I find my Center
        in Christ, I have also found yours. Being without dimension, a point-
        entity can go or be - is - anywhere.

        Those people on the link you posted are well-intentioned but
        esoterically uninformed. The similarities between traditions in
        different parts of the world come primarily from their individual
        ability to contact and commune with constant and fixed inner-plane or
        spiritual realities. Yes, there was a lot more navigation and
        migration than we give ancient peoples credit for, but that was
        secondary. And any pair of languages is going to have some odd
        matches; that in itself doesn't prove anything - that's grasping at
        straws.

        S.