Re: Astrology and Anthroposophy

  • dbavim
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
      <dottie_z@...> wrote:

      > David, Manly P. Hall also has an interesting book
      > called Astrological Keywords. I really like the book
      > by Elizabeth Vreede. She was actually the lead for the
      > section of Astrology when Rudolf Steiner was alive. I
      > imagine she has independent lectures as well.
      >
      > All good things,
      > Dottie
      >

      > > Dear Stephen,
      > >
      > > Thanks very much indeed for putting me on the right
      > > direction.
      > >
      > > David
      > >

      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com,
      > > "Stephen Clarke"
      > > <mozartg@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Dear David:
      > > >
      > > > Anthroposophists tend to prefer to the sidereal
      > > format. The
      > > > calcuations involved in converting tropical to
      > > sidereal and visa
      > > > versa are quite simple and standardized and are
      > > not the subject of
      > > > any dispute.
      > > >
      > > > I'm sure there will be list members who can refer
      > > you to
      > > > practitioners that you could talk with. David
      > > Tressemer and Robert
      > > > Schiappacasse in Boulder, CO, are two that are
      > > known to me. If you
      > > > want their contact info, email me offlist and I
      > > will post it to you.
      > > >
      > > > Stephen
      > > >

      > > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com,

      > > path.
      > > I could exchange
      > > > with
      > > context of
      > > > anthroposophy.
      > > regarding this topic
      > > > in
      > > anthroposophy in the
      > > and or to

      Dear Dottie and Terence,

      Thanks very much for your suggestions. I really appreciate them.

      David
    • gaelman58
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 3, 2006
        Terence: What you've written below is an excellent piece. I don't
        know that you're right, but I certainly hope that you are...regards,
        Gaelman

        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Terence"
        <lionheart@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > To cognitively grasp the *message* of
        > anthroposophy, one goes through a process of re-
        > cognition, which begins with intellectual
        > comprehension, the common form of astrological
        > expression (by the way), and moves to cognitive
        > imagination after much practice and discipline,
        > then to cognitive inspiration when one's heart
        > begins open and one can *feel* de-light of the
        > etheric, to cognitive intuition when one can listen
        > to the lowly sound of the heart's whisper.
        >
        > There are very few astrologers who can do this as
        > most, if not all, are stuck in the intellect with
        > calculations and techniques and personality expression.
        >
        > Stephen Clarke pointed you in the right direction
        > when he mentioned David Tressemer and Robert
        > Schiappacasse in Boulder, CO. Go to:<http://
        > www.starwisdom.org/star-wisdom-presenters.htm> and
        > click away to find out more. I read all of Robert
        > Powell's books and recommend Hermetic Astrolgy I
        > and Hermetic Astrology II for starters. Also check
        > out
        > <http://www.waldorfbooks.com/anthro/astrosophy.htm>
        > for a great selection of Willie Sucher's books. If
        > you are looking for more go to:
        > <http://www.vermontel.net/~vtsophia/>. All this is
        > information that prepares the intellect...just like
        > piano lessons and practicing the scales.
        >
        > One needs to also comprehend why astrosophists use
        > the sidereal zodiac. Additionally read as many of
        > Steiner's books on cosmology so that you can start
        > to get a feeling for the Sophianic Matrix of Space
        > and its relationship to the etheric web of the
        > Earth and Humanity. See the connections and then
        > rest easy, with patience, and begin to quiet the
        > intellect and start to feel the heart's connection
        > to Sophia and Sophia's connection to the heart.
        > Begin to comprehend with the heart the connection
        > of Anthropsophia to Sophia. All the while striving
        > to correct your character defects and personality
        > anomalies.
        >
        > What does this mean to you:
        > The stars once spoke to humanity.
        > It is world destiny that they are silent now.
        > To be aware of that silence can be pain for earthly humanity.
        > But in the deepening silence there grows and ripens
        > what humanity speaks to the stars.
        > To be aware of that speaking
        > Can become strength for spiritual humanity.
        >
        > ---Rudolf Steiner
        >
        > And...
        > The sphere of the Spirit is the soul's true home,
        > And we will surely reach it
        > By walking in the path of honest Thought;
        > By choosing as our guide the fount of Love
        > Implanted in the heart;
        > By opening the eye of the soul
        > To Nature's script
        > Spread out before us through all the Universe,
        > Telling the story of the Spirit
        > In all that lives and thrives,
        > And in the silent spaciousness of lifeless things,
        > And in the stream of Time -- the process of becoming.
        >
        > Rudolf Steiner
        >
        > You are wlecome to correspond with me at any time.

      • Terence
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 3, 2006
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" <gaelman58@...>
          wrote:

          > Terence: What you've written below is an excellent piece. I don't
          > know that you're right, but I certainly hope that you are...regards,
          > Gaelman

          And neither do I know that what I wrote is spot on,
          yet the flow, the feeling, the fiery force of the
          forming words seemed right as I tickled the keys.

          I do appreciate your feedback.

          Terence