Re: Astrology and Anthroposophy

  • Terence
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "dbavim" <dbavim@...> wrote:

      > Dear Members,
      >
      > I am a young Anthroposophist on a deep spiritual path.
      > One of my interests is Astrology and I wonder if I could exchange with
      > someone who knows about this subject in the context of anthroposophy.
      > I am just looking for someone to exchange with regarding this topic in
      > order to know about the "official" position of anthroposophy in the
      > context of astronomical calculations for example and or to
      > learn/exchange techniques.
      >
      > I am looking forward to your reply,

      David...

      There is a difference between Anthroposophy and
      anthroposophy. The capital A is a movement of
      people organized as a Society, while anthroposophy
      with a small a is the name Steiner used to identify
      his intimate Imaginative, Inspirative and Intuitive
      relationship with a spiritual Being, he called
      anthroposophia.

      One reads in Leading Thoughts: 1. Anthroposophy is
      a path of knowledge, to guide the Spiritual in the
      human being to the Spiritual in the Universe. and
      in 2. Anthroposophy communicates knowledge that is
      gained in a spiritual way.

      As I see it, there was an intimate heart/etheric
      exchange between the spiritual Being anthroposophia
      and Steiner, which when stepped down from the
      imaginative, inspirative and intuitive cognition of
      Steiner was communicated as Anthroposophy to the
      Anthroposophical Society.

      To cognitively grasp the *message* of
      anthroposophy, one goes through a process of re-
      cognition, which begins with intellectual
      comprehension, the common form of astrological
      expression (by the way), and moves to cognitive
      imagination after much practice and discipline,
      then to cognitive inspiration when one's heart
      begins open and one can *feel* de-light of the
      etheric, to cognitive intuition when one can listen
      to the lowly sound of the heart's whisper.

      There are very few astrologers who can do this as
      most, if not all, are stuck in the intellect with
      calculations and techniques and personality expression.

      Stephen Clarke pointed you in the right direction
      when he mentioned David Tressemer and Robert
      Schiappacasse in Boulder, CO. Go to:<http://
      www.starwisdom.org/star-wisdom-presenters.htm> and
      click away to find out more. I read all of Robert
      Powell's books and recommend Hermetic Astrolgy I
      and Hermetic Astrology II for starters. Also check
      out
      <http://www.waldorfbooks.com/anthro/astrosophy.htm>
      for a great selection of Willie Sucher's books. If
      you are looking for more go to:
      <http://www.vermontel.net/~vtsophia/>. All this is
      information that prepares the intellect...just like
      piano lessons and practicing the scales.

      One needs to also comprehend why astrosophists use
      the sidereal zodiac. Additionally read as many of
      Steiner's books on cosmology so that you can start
      to get a feeling for the Sophianic Matrix of Space
      and its relationship to the etheric web of the
      Earth and Humanity. See the connections and then
      rest easy, with patience, and begin to quiet the
      intellect and start to feel the heart's connection
      to Sophia and Sophia's connection to the heart.
      Begin to comprehend with the heart the connection
      of Anthropsophia to Sophia. All the while striving
      to correct your character defects and personality
      anomalies.

      What does this mean to you:
      The stars once spoke to humanity.
      It is world destiny that they are silent now.
      To be aware of that silence can be pain for earthly humanity.
      But in the deepening silence there grows and ripens
      what humanity speaks to the stars.
      To be aware of that speaking
      Can become strength for spiritual humanity.

      ---Rudolf Steiner

      And...
      The sphere of the Spirit is the soul's true home,
      And we will surely reach it
      By walking in the path of honest Thought;
      By choosing as our guide the fount of Love
      Implanted in the heart;
      By opening the eye of the soul
      To Nature's script
      Spread out before us through all the Universe,
      Telling the story of the Spirit
      In all that lives and thrives,
      And in the silent spaciousness of lifeless things,
      And in the stream of Time -- the process of becoming.

      Rudolf Steiner

      You are wlecome to correspond with me at any time.

      Terence
    • Terence
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
        David...

        Here is another link that you might find ot be of value:
        <http://buncombe.main.nc.us/~grail/>.

        Terence
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
          David, Manly P. Hall also has an interesting book
          called Astrological Keywords. I really like the book
          by Elizabeth Vreede. She was actually the lead for the
          section of Astrology when Rudolf Steiner was alive. I
          imagine she has independent lectures as well.

          All good things,
          Dottie

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • dbavim
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
            <dottie_z@...> wrote:

            > David, Manly P. Hall also has an interesting book
            > called Astrological Keywords. I really like the book
            > by Elizabeth Vreede. She was actually the lead for the
            > section of Astrology when Rudolf Steiner was alive. I
            > imagine she has independent lectures as well.
            >
            > All good things,
            > Dottie
            >

            > > Dear Stephen,
            > >
            > > Thanks very much indeed for putting me on the right
            > > direction.
            > >
            > > David
            > >

            > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com,
            > > "Stephen Clarke"
            > > <mozartg@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Dear David:
            > > >
            > > > Anthroposophists tend to prefer to the sidereal
            > > format. The
            > > > calcuations involved in converting tropical to
            > > sidereal and visa
            > > > versa are quite simple and standardized and are
            > > not the subject of
            > > > any dispute.
            > > >
            > > > I'm sure there will be list members who can refer
            > > you to
            > > > practitioners that you could talk with. David
            > > Tressemer and Robert
            > > > Schiappacasse in Boulder, CO, are two that are
            > > known to me. If you
            > > > want their contact info, email me offlist and I
            > > will post it to you.
            > > >
            > > > Stephen
            > > >

            > > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com,

            > > path.
            > > I could exchange
            > > > with
            > > context of
            > > > anthroposophy.
            > > regarding this topic
            > > > in
            > > anthroposophy in the
            > > and or to

            Dear Dottie and Terence,

            Thanks very much for your suggestions. I really appreciate them.

            David
          • gaelman58
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 3, 2006
              Terence: What you've written below is an excellent piece. I don't
              know that you're right, but I certainly hope that you are...regards,
              Gaelman

              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Terence"
              <lionheart@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > But in the deepening silence there grows and ripens
              > what humanity speaks to the stars.
              > To be aware of that speaking
              > Can become strength for spiritual humanity.
              >
              > ---Rudolf Steiner
              >
              > And...
              > The sphere of the Spirit is the soul's true home,
              > And we will surely reach it
              > By walking in the path of honest Thought;
              > By choosing as our guide the fount of Love
              > Implanted in the heart;
              > By opening the eye of the soul
              > To Nature's script
              > Spread out before us through all the Universe,
              > Telling the story of the Spirit
              > In all that lives and thrives,
              > And in the silent spaciousness of lifeless things,
              > And in the stream of Time -- the process of becoming.
              >
              > Rudolf Steiner
              >
              > You are wlecome to correspond with me at any time.

            • Terence
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 3, 2006
                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" <gaelman58@...>
                wrote:

                > Terence: What you've written below is an excellent piece. I don't
                > know that you're right, but I certainly hope that you are...regards,
                > Gaelman

                And neither do I know that what I wrote is spot on,
                yet the flow, the feeling, the fiery force of the
                forming words seemed right as I tickled the keys.

                I do appreciate your feedback.

                Terence