Re: posting authorization

  • anarchosophia
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
      Dear David,

      You wrote:

      > A few hours ago I subscribed to the group and I tried to post a message but still I cannot see it.

      As a general rule, it's a good idea to lurk for a couple of days before posting to a new group. Most spammers and list abusers post immediately after sign-up. For this reason, we normally wait 2-3 days before changing new subscribers from "moderated" to "unmoderated" status.

      As a basic guide, we refer to "Netiquette" by Virginia Shea:

      http://www.albion.com/netiquette/rule3.html

      Lurk before you leap

      When you enter a domain of cyberspace that's new to you, take a look around. Spend a while listening to the chat or reading the archives. Get a sense of how the people who are already there act. Then go ahead and participate.

      > Can I be authorized to post in the group?

      Because there were three new subscribers in one day (February 1), we have cleared all of you on the first day.   But please keep in mind for the future that the moderator is not always available immediately after new sign-ups.

      Posts from brand new subscribers are normally cleared and posted within 24 hours. Many public Yahoo-groups have the same policy/routine because of the spam scourge.

      Faithfully,

      Sophia (moderator)
      http://www.geocities.com/anarchosophia/