Re: Astrology and Anthroposophy

  • Stephen Clarke
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
      Dear David:

      Anthroposophists tend to prefer to the sidereal format. The
      calcuations involved in converting tropical to sidereal and visa
      versa are quite simple and standardized and are not the subject of
      any dispute.

      I'm sure there will be list members who can refer you to
      practitioners that you could talk with. David Tressemer and Robert
      Schiappacasse in Boulder, CO, are two that are known to me. If you
      want their contact info, email me offlist and I will post it to you.

      Stephen

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "dbavim" <dbavim@y...>
      wrote:

      > Dear Members,
      >
      > I am a young Anthroposophist on a deep spiritual path.
      > One of my interests is Astrology and I wonder if I could exchange
      with
      > someone who knows about this subject in the context of
      anthroposophy.
      > I am just looking for someone to exchange with regarding this topic
      in
      > order to know about the "official" position of anthroposophy in the
      > context of astronomical calculations for example and or to
      > learn/exchange techniques.
      >
      > I am looking forward to your reply,
      >
      > David

    • dbavim
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
        Dear Stephen,

        Thanks very much indeed for putting me on the right direction.

        David

        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Clarke"
        <mozartg@...> wrote:

        > Dear David:
        >
        > Anthroposophists tend to prefer to the sidereal format. The
        > calcuations involved in converting tropical to sidereal and visa
        > versa are quite simple and standardized and are not the subject of
        > any dispute.
        >
        > I'm sure there will be list members who can refer you to
        > practitioners that you could talk with. David Tressemer and Robert
        > Schiappacasse in Boulder, CO, are two that are known to me. If you
        > want their contact info, email me offlist and I will post it to you.
        >
        > Stephen
        >

        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "dbavim" <dbavim@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Dear Members,
        > >
        > > I am a young Anthroposophist on a deep spiritual path.
        > > One of my interests is Astrology and I wonder if I could exchange
        > with
        > > someone who knows about this subject in the context of
        > anthroposophy.
        > > I am just looking for someone to exchange with regarding this topic
        > in
        > > order to know about the "official" position of anthroposophy in the
        > > context of astronomical calculations for example and or to
        > > learn/exchange techniques.
        > >
        > > I am looking forward to your reply,
        > >
        > > David

      • Terence
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "dbavim" <dbavim@...> wrote:

          > Dear Members,
          >
          > I am a young Anthroposophist on a deep spiritual path.
          > One of my interests is Astrology and I wonder if I could exchange with
          > someone who knows about this subject in the context of anthroposophy.
          > I am just looking for someone to exchange with regarding this topic in
          > order to know about the "official" position of anthroposophy in the
          > context of astronomical calculations for example and or to
          > learn/exchange techniques.
          >
          > I am looking forward to your reply,

          David...

          There is a difference between Anthroposophy and
          anthroposophy. The capital A is a movement of
          people organized as a Society, while anthroposophy
          with a small a is the name Steiner used to identify
          his intimate Imaginative, Inspirative and Intuitive
          relationship with a spiritual Being, he called
          anthroposophia.

          One reads in Leading Thoughts: 1. Anthroposophy is
          a path of knowledge, to guide the Spiritual in the
          human being to the Spiritual in the Universe. and
          in 2. Anthroposophy communicates knowledge that is
          gained in a spiritual way.

          As I see it, there was an intimate heart/etheric
          exchange between the spiritual Being anthroposophia
          and Steiner, which when stepped down from the
          imaginative, inspirative and intuitive cognition of
          Steiner was communicated as Anthroposophy to the
          Anthroposophical Society.

          To cognitively grasp the *message* of
          anthroposophy, one goes through a process of re-
          cognition, which begins with intellectual
          comprehension, the common form of astrological
          expression (by the way), and moves to cognitive
          imagination after much practice and discipline,
          then to cognitive inspiration when one's heart
          begins open and one can *feel* de-light of the
          etheric, to cognitive intuition when one can listen
          to the lowly sound of the heart's whisper.

          There are very few astrologers who can do this as
          most, if not all, are stuck in the intellect with
          calculations and techniques and personality expression.

          Stephen Clarke pointed you in the right direction
          when he mentioned David Tressemer and Robert
          Schiappacasse in Boulder, CO. Go to:<http://
          www.starwisdom.org/star-wisdom-presenters.htm> and
          click away to find out more. I read all of Robert
          Powell's books and recommend Hermetic Astrolgy I
          and Hermetic Astrology II for starters. Also check
          out
          <http://www.waldorfbooks.com/anthro/astrosophy.htm>
          for a great selection of Willie Sucher's books. If
          you are looking for more go to:
          <http://www.vermontel.net/~vtsophia/>. All this is
          information that prepares the intellect...just like
          piano lessons and practicing the scales.

          One needs to also comprehend why astrosophists use
          the sidereal zodiac. Additionally read as many of
          Steiner's books on cosmology so that you can start
          to get a feeling for the Sophianic Matrix of Space
          and its relationship to the etheric web of the
          Earth and Humanity. See the connections and then
          rest easy, with patience, and begin to quiet the
          intellect and start to feel the heart's connection
          to Sophia and Sophia's connection to the heart.
          Begin to comprehend with the heart the connection
          of Anthropsophia to Sophia. All the while striving
          to correct your character defects and personality
          anomalies.

          What does this mean to you:
          The stars once spoke to humanity.
          It is world destiny that they are silent now.
          To be aware of that silence can be pain for earthly humanity.
          But in the deepening silence there grows and ripens
          what humanity speaks to the stars.
          To be aware of that speaking
          Can become strength for spiritual humanity.

          ---Rudolf Steiner

          And...
          The sphere of the Spirit is the soul's true home,
          And we will surely reach it
          By walking in the path of honest Thought;
          By choosing as our guide the fount of Love
          Implanted in the heart;
          By opening the eye of the soul
          To Nature's script
          Spread out before us through all the Universe,
          Telling the story of the Spirit
          In all that lives and thrives,
          And in the silent spaciousness of lifeless things,
          And in the stream of Time -- the process of becoming.

          Rudolf Steiner

          You are wlecome to correspond with me at any time.

          Terence
        • Terence
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
            David...

            Here is another link that you might find ot be of value:
            <http://buncombe.main.nc.us/~grail/>.

            Terence
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
              David, Manly P. Hall also has an interesting book
              called Astrological Keywords. I really like the book
              by Elizabeth Vreede. She was actually the lead for the
              section of Astrology when Rudolf Steiner was alive. I
              imagine she has independent lectures as well.

              All good things,
              Dottie

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • dbavim
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
                <dottie_z@...> wrote:

                > David, Manly P. Hall also has an interesting book
                > called Astrological Keywords. I really like the book
                > by Elizabeth Vreede. She was actually the lead for the
                > section of Astrology when Rudolf Steiner was alive. I
                > imagine she has independent lectures as well.
                >
                > All good things,
                > Dottie
                >

                > > Dear Stephen,
                > >
                > > Thanks very much indeed for putting me on the right
                > > direction.
                > >
                > > David
                > >

                > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com,
                > > "Stephen Clarke"
                > > <mozartg@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Dear David:
                > > >
                > > > Anthroposophists tend to prefer to the sidereal
                > > format. The
                > > > calcuations involved in converting tropical to
                > > sidereal and visa
                > > > versa are quite simple and standardized and are
                > > not the subject of
                > > > any dispute.
                > > >
                > > > I'm sure there will be list members who can refer
                > > you to
                > > > practitioners that you could talk with. David
                > > Tressemer and Robert
                > > > Schiappacasse in Boulder, CO, are two that are
                > > known to me. If you
                > > > want their contact info, email me offlist and I
                > > will post it to you.
                > > >
                > > > Stephen
                > > >

                > > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com,

                > > path.
                > > I could exchange
                > > > with
                > > context of
                > > > anthroposophy.
                > > regarding this topic
                > > > in
                > > anthroposophy in the
                > > and or to

                Dear Dottie and Terence,

                Thanks very much for your suggestions. I really appreciate them.

                David
              • gaelman58
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 3, 2006
                  Terence: What you've written below is an excellent piece. I don't
                  know that you're right, but I certainly hope that you are...regards,
                  Gaelman

                  --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Terence"
                  <lionheart@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > But in the deepening silence there grows and ripens
                  > what humanity speaks to the stars.
                  > To be aware of that speaking
                  > Can become strength for spiritual humanity.
                  >
                  > ---Rudolf Steiner
                  >
                  > And...
                  > The sphere of the Spirit is the soul's true home,
                  > And we will surely reach it
                  > By walking in the path of honest Thought;
                  > By choosing as our guide the fount of Love
                  > Implanted in the heart;
                  > By opening the eye of the soul
                  > To Nature's script
                  > Spread out before us through all the Universe,
                  > Telling the story of the Spirit
                  > In all that lives and thrives,
                  > And in the silent spaciousness of lifeless things,
                  > And in the stream of Time -- the process of becoming.
                  >
                  > Rudolf Steiner
                  >
                  > You are wlecome to correspond with me at any time.

                • Terence
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 3, 2006
                    --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" <gaelman58@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Terence: What you've written below is an excellent piece. I don't
                    > know that you're right, but I certainly hope that you are...regards,
                    > Gaelman

                    And neither do I know that what I wrote is spot on,
                    yet the flow, the feeling, the fiery force of the
                    forming words seemed right as I tickled the keys.

                    I do appreciate your feedback.

                    Terence