Re: Seven Planets/Liberal Arts/Deadly Sins

  • isenhart7
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 30, 2006
      The Planet Saturn and Astronomica

      The planet Saturn is associated with the Liberal Art of
      Astronomica, the art of expressing theologicsl and comological
      views. Overcoming abstractions often connected to the study of
      the starry sky is quite a pressing need in our time. The revival of
      the archetypal-mythological imagery in our culture is but a step to
      re-enlivening our relationship to the heavens.

      Astronomica speaks, "Moreover, matters which over the vast
      span of ages have been reposited in the sanctums of Eqyptian
      priest, I was keeping secret, not wishing to divulge and profane
      them. In fact, for almost forty thousand years, I kept myself in
      seclusion there, in reverent observation...after a long lapse of
      time. No wordly allurements, no vain glorious speculations of
      philosophers had known that I was in Greece destined not to be
      kept hidden by a philosopher's cloak, but to be divulged to all."

      Cosmopolitan attitudes of a global nature are undergoing
      transformations toward the awareness of cosmic citizenship.
      Spiritual world views of the ancients are arising in many different
      fields of endeavor. From physics to psychology the image of the
      universe and the humsn being are being re-examined. The great
      obstacle to their renaissance of cosmology lies in the Deadly Sin
      associated with the planet Saturn; Sloth, Laziness, or Apathy.
      This tendency is accentuated by our growing reliance on experts
      in the field. Activating our own will to pursue the mysteries of Life
      is the free deed that must precede understanding the cosmic
      dimension of our existence.

      From: Star Wisdom for the Holy Nights by William Bento