Re: Medicine People

  • Stephen Clarke
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2006
      Dear g:

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58"
      <gaelman58@y...> wrote:

      > Stephan: I think I know who you're alluding to with the expression
      > "Medicine People"...men and women of presence and authority who
      > "teach" simply by being. In their presence it's, as you say,
      > "absorbtion by osmosis"...completely experiential, palpable,
      > real...something bespoken in the tone of their voices, something
      > ineffable in their countenance...something that the printed page
      never
      > comes close to describing.

      Right. What we have here is what someone might naively call
      initiates, except, as I have taken some pains to try and describe,
      the euro-derived catagory of initiate doesn't really apply very well
      to people who work in this stream. But as you say, it is character -
      moral character - that is an obvious hallmark of people like these
      who are at one with themselves and in easy communion with their
      sources of inspiration. And, yes, they are capable - "initiated", if
      you will - in their fields of expertise.

      thank you.

      Stephen