some pot smoking Mormon girl writes.......

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2006
      As you've probably seen, Frank tends to pick my wackiest writings for "Southern Cross Review," including
      "Holy Marijuana and Revelations," which you can find at http://southerncrossreview.org/33/tarjei.htm as well as at http://www.uncletaz.com/marijuana/holymari.html .

      The subject matter and the episodes described are 28 years old, but all of a sudden I need to refresh my memories when this Becky writes to me - she also has a blog at http://blog.myspace.com/rlynnw2003 where she complains about my treatment of Mormons. Below is her mail to me with the same content that's in the blog, plus my response.

      To: Tarjei Straume <*******@*******.**>
      From: Becky <****************@***.***>
      Subject: About Uncle Taz Home Page
      Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:49:04 -0800

      i dont mean to be rude. but i have to correct you on some of your theorys. i think this site is hilarious. the pot and marijana thing is great i agree and pass it on. but there are somethings that i dont really appriciate like critizeing the mormon religion and i just wish to share it with you. I hope that your as offended with me judgeing you as what i was with you judgeing me, because im a mormon.

       Ok so i know that one person in this world can make a difference. I'm not that person and i dont want to be.  I also know that freedom of speech is overated and really it isnt true. You reading this, as well as myself, know that if i  would have said "fuck" when i was in high school and was heard that i would have been in trouble. That being said I just would like to speak on what i believe. The same as what you did.

          I was bored and surfing the web and found this uncle taz we love marijuana. Well normally I would just look and laugh because most of us have at one point or do smoke pot on a regular basis. Now i respect those of you that haven't, don't get me wrong.

          Now what im complaining about. I was converted to the mormon religion when i was 10. I can't say that i have been the perfect mormon, those of you that know me know that im not by a long shot. Yet I was still offened when I read what this man wrote. If you scrool down and click on "Holy Marijuana and Revelations". There is one line in that, i guess you could say article, that stated "We were selling water conditioners and they were selling Jesus".

          Mormons dont sell Jesus. We believe in him and we want other to believe what we believe. The whole point of missionaries, whom this man quotes to be selling jesus, are to spread the word and works of our Heavanly Father and his son Jesus the Christ. Basically mormons believe that we are doing you a favor by trying to get you to listen to what we have to say. If you are baptised in the name of Christ and live acorrding to his teaching you will live with him again.

          He also seems to think that mormons stick out. The line "in mormon clothes and mornon tan" we are no different that you we tan at the same places you do. we buy our clothes at gap, old navy, hot topic, american eagle, we just tend to be more conservitive. I could really go on forever about his little poem/story. "A mormon clan" there is no such thing. We do not ban people from our religion unless it is excommunication, which is only done by the Prophet himself not a "mormon clan". We also do not look down on a person if they aren't mormon. That man is nothing like Joseph Smith, if fact he doesn't even compare to him.

      I just think it is quite rude to criticize somthing that u dont know anything about.

      http://blog.myspace.com/rlynnw2003

      Hi Becky,

      At 07:49 20.01.2006, you wrote:

      I was converted to the mormon religion when i was 10. I can't say that i have been the perfect mormon, those of you that know me know that im not by a long shot. Yet I was still offened when I read what this man wrote. If you scrool down and click on "Holy Marijuana and Revelations". There is one line in that, i guess you could say article, that stated "We were selling water conditioners and they were selling Jesus".

      Although this was 28 years ago, I remember distinctly that those referred to here as "selling Jesus" were not the Mormons, but the evangelicals trying to convert Mormons to their own brand of church-Christianity, including my firend Paul whom the epic poem is about.

      I appreciate your input! Keep up the good work!

      (And remember that if you should ever tire of the Mormon religion, there will always be a place for you here at Futurum Ministries.)

      Cheers,

      Tarjei
      under the auspices of
      His Holiness Uncle Taz
      http://uncletaz.com/

      "At least two thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity, idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religious or political idols."
      - Aldous Huxley