Re: Narnia and the Michael School

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 18, 2006
      "I am only interested in discovering the kinds of realistic social
      arrangements that can overcome the destructiveness of our
      institutionalized conditioning, and foster the free, peaceful, and
      cooperative qualities that provide what the late Joseph Campbell
      termed the "invisible means of support" to life."

      Bradford comments;

      But the Michael School has a stunning array of interests. One of
      those interests are 'invisible means of support'. And the shadow;
      And how we arrived at the frontier of the Etheric Christ event, once
      the Initiate Steiner was given the sacred option of opening the
      research file marked, "Physical and spiritual preparations for the
      incarnation of Zarathustra/Jesus and the Christ event of Golgotha".
      This Initiate to Initiate library sharing of the accounts had never
      been brought to the fore in recorded human history. It was never
      made public until Steiner's deed. Since the Golgotha event was
      safely past, the next event was building the new Etheric
      configurations for a whole new magnificent model for humanity. This
      new model would include a whole new form of thinking, festivals and
      education where the science of being a human is no longer just
      haphazard guess work. Haphazard thinking that we enjoy so readily.
      The New Etheric Christ and the Michael Intelligence has Language and
      Race forming powers built into it.

      Spiritual Science and the Michael School has Sevens and Twelves to
      explore and atomic tables and most importantly, a sorting out of
      humanities moody inner being. And that is what the general
      subjective vibrancy always craves. Subjective interest is wonderful
      as long as we are talking about the moody world of vague Memories,
      dreams, reflections and our own addictive shadows. Yawns start when
      Spiritual Science is introduced vague nonsense is filtered. OOOO
      then we can drift away from the messy, messy world of unimportant
      global fascism rising up in its latest garb to take down future
      generations of our children... Call it all, wide ranging interest in
      the welfare of humanity!! All of us who enjoy picking and choosing,
      along with party finger food delights can always feel free to gnaw
      on the left over bones which we can make a soup out of.

      If we solidly say STeiner profounded the greatest Festive FEast and
      food, the most wonderful full Christmas Turkey, or ThanksGiving
      turkey that feed the dead and the living as well as the five
      thousand of the fifth epoch, well dig into the feast and frankly I
      don't care what area of the bird you start enjoying, but heavens
      sake chew don't just pick.

      http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer127.html

      "Just before Christmas, my three daughters, their husbands, and I
      went to see the movie Narnia. I have never been attracted to
      fantasy: listening to politicians and other collectivists spin out
      the blueprints of their air castles has been enough for me. It is
      for much the same reason that, unlike so many of my libertarian
      acquaintances, I have never been the least bit interested in science
      fiction. Contrary to what others might think, I am not a utopian. I
      am only interested in discovering the kinds of realistic social
      arrangements that can overcome the destructiveness of our
      institutionalized conditioning, and foster the free, peaceful, and
      cooperative qualities that provide what the late Joseph Campbell
      termed the "invisible means of support" to life. In this search, I
      have found a number of thinkers quite valuable as catalysts for the
      development of my own understanding.

      "Human cognition and conceptualization of the world is inherently
      divisive (i.e., we categorize our experiences in terms of
      the "living" and "non-living," of "furniture" and "non-furniture,"
      etc.). Our minds are probably incapable of functioning in any other
      manner. At the same time, however, we are able to be aware that this
      is how we think. Such an awareness allows us to intuit a wholeness
      to the world that transcends the dualistic patterns upon which our
      conscious minds insist.

      "C.S. Lewis and Ayn Rand come to mind as two persons who have played
      a role in the transformation of my own thinking. I am not
      a "religious" person (at least in the conventional sense of that
      word), nor do I consider myself an "objectivist." Nonetheless, I
      have found an exploration of the intelligent religious inquiries –
      such as provided by Lewis, Joseph Campbell, Elaine Pagels, et al. –
      and the atheistic writings of Rand – along with Robert Ingersoll,
      George Smith, and other intelligent minds on the topic – most
      helpful in the development of my own thinking.

      "If one pushes the thinking of C.S. Lewis up against that of Ayn
      Rand, one can discover an area within which the seemingly
      irreconcilable "opposites" of "religion" and "reason" can dissolve
      into a kind of interrelatedness that is integrative, rather than
      divisive, of the qualities that are conducive to life. So informed,
      life takes on a deeper spiritual dimension than can be found in the
      well-memorized doctrines and dogmas that accompany the fragmented
      and isolated pursuit of understanding.

      "The problem I have with such stories relates to how they are
      presented to children. An important aspect of learning how to
      explore the interrelatedness of apparent opposites has to do with
      how we think of ourselves. Carl Jung is one of many persons who has
      focused attention on the human tendency to "project" personal
      characteristics onto others. Most of us are familiar with this
      practice in projecting our "dark side" fears onto "scapegoats," who
      we then punish for the shortcomings we have about ourselves.
      Politics could not survive without our largely unconscious
      willingness to project fears of our own dishonesty, violence,
      laziness, bigotry, greed, irresponsibility, or other self-doubts,
      onto others, against whom the state promises to act."