Re: The Twelve Days of Christmas

  • isenhart7
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Frank Smith
      <eltrigal78@y...> wrote:

      > If anyone's interested, "The 12 Days of Chrsitmas" is
      > an excellent song for children learning English as a
      > foreign language, (from 3rd grade on)with its
      > repititions for the stimulation of memory. It sounds
      > like nonsense in a way, but they love it and easily
      > memorize it.

      Dear Frank,

      I was struck by the memory game that was played with this song
      because that's one of the benefits of doing a yearly review like
      the Holy Nights Journal outlines-the memory is stimulated. Over
      the course of many years, perhaps this stimulation of memory
      bears fruit in the learning of a new language as well.-Val
    • holderlin66
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2006
        Maureen Dowd brings to our Anthro study of the Holy Nights a
        stunning little number turner that should shock any student of the
        Holy Nights. 13 Secretaries of Defense brought in to say nothing, do
        nothing, think nothing, and be mere hollow point morons for Genghis
        Bush son of Kahn.

        Certainly I missed this one, but I didn't miss the miner, the 13
        miners and I didn't miss the connection to Curdie and Novalis, but
        what I didn't suspect and what few Spiritual Science students have
        the brains to deal with, is that on Jan 6/7 arises this photo op of
        the walking stuffed dead shells of Ahriman's rising gallery of
        wasted human shells. These have all betrayed and played their part
        in the passion of power and were emptied by Ahriman's icy use of
        their voices and brains. There is such tragedy and betrayal in all
        these yes figures who let Ahriman in...it is jaw dropping.

        And there is a profound esoteric reality behind such a photo op. It
        is as profound and tragic on the outside as what Val presented was
        profound and stirring on the inside. And the world spoke of those 13
        miners and the twelve dead and one living...and are these Ahrimanic
        critters also appeasing the roots of humanity or mocking it by
        presenting a phony as sin, a wonderful hollowed out dummy shells of
        former humans who were vehicles for American lies in support of the
        present complete Idiot GWB? Friends we couldn't make up this stuff.
        You just gotta keep your eyes open to understand open foul mockery
        of what 12 or 13 means sometime around Jan 6/7. Both sides know the
        truth and Steiner and Val brought the truth. Ahriman didn't want to
        miss the action, so he also acknowledged the truth...

        I remarked awhile back about Genghis Khan, Mongolia and GWB visiting
        Mongolia...Anthro students are mostly, and still remain unanchored
        and adift.

        "Doing the math, you've got to figure that the 12 wise men and one
        wise woman had about 30 seconds apiece to say their piece to the
        president about Iraq, where vicious assaults this week have killed
        almost 200 and raised U.S. troop fatalities to at least 2,189.

        It must have been like a performance by the Reduced Shakespeare
        Company, which boils down the great plays and books to their
        essence. Proust is "I like cookies." Othello raps that he left
        Desdemona "all alona, didn't telephona." "The Iliad" and "The
        Odyssey" condense into "The Idiodity." "Henry V" is "A king's gotta
        do what a king's gotta do," and "Antony and Cleopatra" is "Never get
        involved in Middle Eastern affairs."

        Beyond taking a class picture ringed around Mr. Bush's bizarrely
        empty desk - a mesmerizing blend of "Sunset Boulevard," "The Last
        Supper" and a "Sopranos" ad - the former secretaries of state and
        defense had to make the most of their brief colloquy with W.

        The spectral Robert McNamara might have enlightened on
        Vietnam: "Didn't understand the culture. Misjudged the opposition.
        Didn't know when to get out." If he was a fast talker, he could have
        added: "It's the dominoes. If Iraq falls, then Syria falls, then
        Lebanon falls, and before you know it, all of Southeast Asia - I
        mean, the Middle East - will fall."

        Melvin Laird only needed to add: "Ditto."

        Al Haig's summation would have been a cinch: "I resign. I'm in
        charge here. I resign - again."

        Instead of his good-soldier silence, Colin Powell could have
        redeemed himself with four words: "I should have resigned."

        Madeleine Albright might have succinctly imparted some wisdom from
        Somalia and Rwanda: "Didn't understand the culture. Misjudged the
        threat. Didn't know when to get in."

        James Baker, Svengali and Sphinx, must have been thinking: "I told
        your dad not to let you in here. I could tell you how to get of Iraq
        in 10 minutes, but you're too under the sway of that nutball Cheney
        to listen."

        George Shultz only needed to say: "I have a tiger tattooed on my
        fanny," and Lawrence Eagleburger could have abridged his thoughts
        to "I need a smoke. Bad."

        It may seem disturbing at first, that with several hundreds of
        years' worth of foreign policy at his elbows, and a bloody, thorny
        mess in Iraq, Mr. Bush would devote mere moments to letting some
        fresh air into his House of Pain.

        Sure, he has A.D.D. But he just spent six straight days mountain-
        biking and brush clearing in Crawford. He couldn't devote 60 minutes
        to getting our kids home rather than just a few for a "Message: I
        Care" photo-op faking sincerity?

        "We all went into the bubble and came out," one of the wise men

        Mr. Eagleburger knows the truth. If W. had wanted to really reach
        out, rather than just pretend to reach out so that his poll numbers
        would go up, he would have sought advice outside his warped inner
        circle long ago - including from his own father.

        Because W.'s mind is so closed to anybody except yes-men who tell
        him his policies and wars are slam-dunks, uneasy seasoned mandarins
        are forced to make a noisy stink. Brent Scowcroft, one of Bush
        Senior's closest friends, had to resort to the pages of The New
        Yorker to voice his objections. He ominously said Dick Cheney, his
        old colleague, was someone he no longer recognized.

        W. is drunk on Cheney Kool-Aid. So he got testy when Ms. Albright
        pointed out that North Korea and Iran were going nuclear while the
        U.S. was bogged down in Baghdad. Then, after a quick photo in the
        Oval, he shooed the old-timers out, letting anyone who wanted to
        stay talk to the security factotum Stephen Hadley.

        Still busy spreading fog over the war, W., Cheney, Rummy and Condi
        had no time to hear McNamara expound on the fog of war. In the
        picture, as Ms. Albright cringes, Mr. McNamara looks haunted, unable
        to escape second-guessing over Vietnam.

        The only thing that would have made the photo even more utterly
        phony was the presence of that vintage warmonger, Henry the K.