Epiphany-January 6

  • isenhart7
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2006
      The Culmination of the Holy Nights of Christmas

      January Sixth-Epiphany

      (please note the changes in the daily routine)

      Morning

      Awakening
      Glimages
      Dreams/Poem
      Eurythmy
      Centering Exercise
      Review of Virtues and the Last Twelve Days
      Plan Day of Integration and Sharing
      Overview of Upcoming Months
      Journal Notes

      Waking Day

      Daily Encounters
      Day of Integration and Sharing

      Preparing for Sleep

      Candle Light and Oil
      Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh
      Centering Exercise
      retrospection of Year
      Retrospection of the Day
      Journal Notes
      Evening Meditation

      Parzival, wearing a garland of virtue, is crowned King of the
      Grail.

      Epiphany is the culmination of the Holy Nights of Christmas.
      Historically, the three kings lay their treasures at the feet of the
      Jesus child in Matthew's Gospel, offering the fruits of the past
      cultural ages (Indian, Persian, and Egypto-Chaldean), represented by
      gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

      The twelve previous days now form a higher octave, with the
      crowning possibility of uniting our individual self with the all
      encompasing Being of Christ. (Not I, but Christ in me.) This is the
      celebrated day of Jesus' babtism by John in the Jordon. The Spirit-
      Child has matured, the Spirit-Self is quickened.

      The synchronization and harmonization of the previous day's and
      nights' experiences will continue in the next forty days. The season
      of Epiphany ends on Valentine's Day.

      The Divine Light of Christ must now find its way from human
      being to human being, and out into the world. For this to come about,
      all darkness and semblance of self must be overcome in the human soul.

      Carry the twelve virtues into the world these next twelve
      months, and you will begin to shine with a heavenly crown of virtue
      and wisdom.

      (tomorrow I will post the twelve virtues as a file so that they may
      be printed)