Re: Notes on the Verses/Input

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 91 , Jan 3, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hale"
      <sardisian01@y...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58"
      > <gaelman58@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Steve: I prefer Ould Smith's rendering for its clarity and
      > pithiness.
      > > Compare his "Ex deo nascimur" to her "From the Divine springeth
      > > mankind" and his "By thinking" to her "From our heads direct" in
      > the
      > > next to last line...that latter is a bit of a clinker, isn't
      > > it?...regards, G.
      >
      > Ould Smith sayeth:
      > Light divine,
      > Sun of Christ,
      > Warm
      > Our hearts –
      > Enlighten
      > our heads,
      > So that good results
      > From what
      > Our hearts beget,
      > What we
      > By thinking
      > Forcefully will to do.
      >
      > Frau Unger sayeth:
      > O Light Divine!
      > Christ, Sun!
      > May Thy warmth fill our hearts,
      > Enlighten our heads,
      > That good may become
      > What we from our hearts would found,
      > From our heads direct
      > With single purpose.
      >
      > Gaelman, please look at the above two renderings, and then tell me
      > where you see a "clinker" from Ms Unger; maybe you meant 'clunker'?
      > What she says above confirms my thesis that thinking is founded from
      > the heart to the head; and from the head must now direct its force
      > back to the heart "With single purpose."
      >
      > Steve

      Well Steve, "From our heads direct" still strikes me as awkward...and
      "By thinking" doesn't. Over all though, you're saying that Frau
      Unger's rendering is more in line with "your thesis" than
      Frank's...ok, got it...but since I can't properly read the original I
      don't have an opinion...Gaelman
    • isenhart7
      Message 91 of 91 , Jan 9, 2006
        "holderlin66" <holderlin66@h...> wrote:

        > Calling All Angels
        >
        > by Jane Silberry

        I've heard this on the radio so it's been recorded by a
        mainstream artist-I want to say K.D. Lang but I'm not sure. It
        starts off with:

        Santa Maria, Santa Teresa, Santa Anna, Santa Susannah
        Santa Cecilia, Santa Copelia, Santa Dominica, Mary Angelica
        Frater Achad, Frater Pietro, Julianus, Petronella
        Santa, Santos, Miroslaw, Vladimir
        and all the rest ...

        And ends with:

        Calling all angels,