Skip to search.

Re: Notes on the Verses/Input

  • Steve Hale
    Message 1 of 91 , Jan 2, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58"
      <gaelman58@y...> wrote:

      > Steve: I prefer Ould Smith's rendering for its clarity and
      pithiness.
      > Compare his "Ex deo nascimur" to her "From the Divine springeth
      > mankind" and his "By thinking" to her "From our heads direct" in
      the
      > next to last line...that latter is a bit of a clinker, isn't
      > it?...regards, G.

      Ould Smith sayeth:
      Light divine,
      Sun of Christ,
      Warm
      Our hearts –
      Enlighten
      our heads,
      So that good results
      From what
      Our hearts beget,
      What we
      By thinking
      Forcefully will to do.

      Frau Unger sayeth:
      O Light Divine!
      Christ, Sun!
      May Thy warmth fill our hearts,
      Enlighten our heads,
      That good may become
      What we from our hearts would found,
      From our heads direct
      With single purpose.

      Gaelman, please look at the above two renderings, and then tell me
      where you see a "clinker" from Ms Unger; maybe you meant 'clunker'?
      What she says above confirms my thesis that thinking is founded from
      the heart to the head; and from the head must now direct its force
      back to the heart "With single purpose."

      Steve
    • isenhart7
      Message 91 of 91 , Jan 9, 2006
        "holderlin66" <holderlin66@h...> wrote:

        > Calling All Angels
        >
        > by Jane Silberry

        I've heard this on the radio so it's been recorded by a
        mainstream artist-I want to say K.D. Lang but I'm not sure. It
        starts off with:

        Santa Maria, Santa Teresa, Santa Anna, Santa Susannah
        Santa Cecilia, Santa Copelia, Santa Dominica, Mary Angelica
        Frater Achad, Frater Pietro, Julianus, Petronella
        Santa, Santos, Miroslaw, Vladimir
        and all the rest ...

        And ends with:

        Calling all angels,