Re: Notes on the Verses

  • Steve Hale
    Message 1 of 91 , Jan 1, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Frank Smith
      <eltrigal78@y...> wrote:
      > Dottie, m'dear, I think you should pay more attention
      > to Southern Cross Review:
      > http://southerncrossreview.org/43/foundation-stone.htm
      >
      > Frank

      Frank, I find the version below, from Frau Helle Unger's liitle
      book "The Foundation Stone", to be much richer than your more
      contemporary rendering. And I have added the names of the
      Hierarchies in brackets where applicable.

      I would like to get other's thoughts about these two versions in
      terms of which might be the better rendering. This one below does
      it better for me.

      Happy New Year All,

      Steve

      Soul of Man!
      Thou livest in the limbs
      Which bear thee through the Space-expanses
      Into the ocean of Spirit-Being.
      Practice SPIRIT-RECOLLECTION
      In depths of soul,
      Where, in the power of World-creator-Beings,
      Thy Self takes origin from Self Divine—
      And thou shalt live in Truth
      In Human-Cosmic Being!
      For the Father Spirit of the Heights doth reign
      In the Depths of the world, begetting Being.
      Ye Spirits of Strength! [Seraphim-Cherubim-Thrones]
      Let from the Heights ring forth
      What in the Depths its echo doth find,
      It speaks:
      From the Divine springeth mankind.
      Spirit Beings hear it in East, West, North, South;
      May human beings hear it!

      II

      Soul of Man!
      Thou livest in the pulse of heart and lungs,
      Which leads thee through the rhythm of Time
      Into the feeling of thine own soul being.
      Practice SPIRIT-CONTEMPLATION
      Within Soul's even balance,
      Where the world-evolving deeds upsurging
      Unite thy very Self with Cosmic Selfhood—
      And thou shalt feel the Truth
      In human Soul-Endeavor!
      For the Christ-Will encircling doth reign
      In the rhythms of the world, blessing Souls,
      Ye Spirits of Light! [Kyriotetes-Dynamis-Exusiai]
      Let from the East be enkindled
      What in the West taketh form,
      It speaks:
      In Christ death becomes life.
      Spirit Beings hear it in East, West, North, South;
      May human beings hear it!

      III

      Soul of Man!
      Thou livest in the resting head,
      Which from eternal sources
      Unlocks world thoughts to thee.
      Practice SPIRIT-AWARENESS
      In stillness of thought,
      Where eternal aims divine grant Cosmic Being's Light
      To the very Self, to use as it wills
      And thou shalt think the Truth
      In depths of human Spirit
      For the Spirit's Cosmic Thoughts do reign
      In Cosmic Being, Light imploring,
      Ye Spirits of Soul! [Archai-Archangels-Angels]
      Let prayers arise from the Depths
      Which in the Heights will be heard,
      It speaks:
      In the Spirit's Cosmic Thoughts the soul awakens,
      Spirit Beings hear it in East, West, North, South;
      May human beings hear it!

      At the turning point of time
      Cosmic Spirit Light descended
      Into the earthly stream of being.
      Night-darkness
      Had ended;
      Day-clear Light
      Poured into the souls of men:
      Light
      That gave warmth
      To humble shepherds' hearts,
      Light
      That enlightened
      The wise heads of Kings.
      O Light Divine!
      Christ, Sun!
      May Thy warmth fill our hearts,
      Enlighten our heads,
      That good may become
      What we from our hearts would found,
      From our heads direct
      With single purpose.
    • isenhart7
      Message 91 of 91 , Jan 9, 2006
        "holderlin66" <holderlin66@h...> wrote:

        > Calling All Angels
        >
        > by Jane Silberry

        I've heard this on the radio so it's been recorded by a
        mainstream artist-I want to say K.D. Lang but I'm not sure. It
        starts off with:

        Santa Maria, Santa Teresa, Santa Anna, Santa Susannah
        Santa Cecilia, Santa Copelia, Santa Dominica, Mary Angelica
        Frater Achad, Frater Pietro, Julianus, Petronella
        Santa, Santos, Miroslaw, Vladimir
        and all the rest ...

        And ends with:

        Calling all angels,