Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Notes on the Verses

  • Frank Smith
    Message 1 of 91 , Jan 1, 2006
      --- dottie zold <dottie_z@...> wrote:

      > Hey Friends,
      >
      > I had made mention that I had read that our teacher
      > had toned down the rhythms and I just found the
      > place
      > where it is related quite clearly.
      >
      > " Rudolf Steiner gave the verses in two versions,
      > both
      > of which are recorded in his own handwriting (see
      > facsimiles 1 and 4 in the Supplement). The first
      > version was used during the Conference. The second
      > version was made for the printed record in the
      > report
      > 'Die Bildung der Allgemeinen Anthroposohischen
      > Gesellschaft durch die Weihnachtstagung 1923' (The
      > Formation of the General Anthroposophical Society
      > through the Christmas Conference of 1923) in the
      > first
      > number of Was in der Anthroposophischen Gesellschaft
      > vorgeht. Nachrichten fur deren Mitglieder (What is
      > happening in the Anthroposophical Society. News for
      > Members) of 13 January 1924. In this second version
      > there are certain divergences from the text as
      > spoken
      > during the Conference. The most important of these
      > are
      > that the hierarchies are not named but approached
      > under a general designation, and that the
      > Rosicrucian
      > motto is given in German and not in Latin.
      >
      > The reason which moved Rudolf Steiner to make this
      > alteration was given on a number of occasions by
      > Marie
      > Steiner, and recorded by one of her colleagues,
      > Gunther Schubert, as follows: "She spoke repeatedly
      > about her memory of the great difficulty Rudolf
      > Steiner experienced in reaching the decision to
      > publish the verses of the 1923 laying of the
      > Foundation Stone. In the end he toned down the
      > direct
      > approach to the hierarchies by making the salutation
      > more abstract. He wanted this toned-down version to
      > be
      > the one used exclusively within members' circles
      > too,
      > for he said that there was a law attached to
      > esoteric
      > mantrams of such a cultic nature: The force with
      > which
      > they return equal to that which they are sent forth,
      > and it is therefore necessary to ask oneself whether
      > one will be strong enough to endure this."
      >
      > Marie Steiner originally wanted to take this into
      > account when she published this record of the
      > Christmas Foundation Meeting. However, it was only
      > possible in the respect of the words spoken on 25
      > December, for on 29 December the call to the
      > hierarchies by name was included in Rudolf Steiner's
      > subsequent discussion of the 'rhythms'. The relevant
      > lines were not spoken on the other days."

      Dottie, m'dear, I think you should pay more attention
      to Southern Cross Review:
      http://southerncrossreview.org/43/foundation-stone.htm

      Frank

      Frank Thomas Smith
      http://SouthernCrossReview.org

      __________________________________
    • isenhart7
      Message 91 of 91 , Jan 9, 2006
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com,
        "holderlin66" <holderlin66@h...> wrote:

        > Calling All Angels
        >
        > by Jane Silberry

        I've heard this on the radio so it's been recorded by a
        mainstream artist-I want to say K.D. Lang but I'm not sure. It
        starts off with:

        Santa Maria, Santa Teresa, Santa Anna, Santa Susannah
        Santa Cecilia, Santa Copelia, Santa Dominica, Mary Angelica
        Frater Achad, Frater Pietro, Julianus, Petronella
        Santa, Santos, Miroslaw, Vladimir
        and all the rest ...

        And ends with:

        Calling all angels,