Re: Henry T. Laurency on anthroposophy

  • nadmateescu
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2005
      Hello,

      I was interested in what you posted and I have some thoughts only for
      the link that you've posted.
      I read that this author has more books but I read only about Steiner's
      .It seems to me that he have something with Steiner himself and he is
      putting him to his trial but he has not very much to say about
      Anthroposophia as a movement.
      So, I think that is not our job to judge this author, but for you,
      because you are inquired about that, is good to know his opinions.
      As you may see not in that material, the real "break" of Anthroposophy
      and Theosophy was the movement of Annie Bessant and Leadbeater to put
      a young indian boy named Krishnamurti in the role of the second coming
      of Christ as phisical incarnations. That was the point that Rudolf
      Steiner was against of, with all his strength.
      As you may notice - the Mystery of Golgotha - is the Major Mystery of
      mankind - and the Christ is the fundament of Rudolf Steiner's work.
      Also, many theosophist "forgot" this episode; mainly, because they did
      not know what can real cause their thoughts and acts of will, wrongly
      used, in Spiritual Realm. (and also, like in the phisical realm for
      humanity).
      Also, the Rosicrucian part- is a strange part. Also, in our days are
      maybe 20 Rosicrucian streams - all of them "genuine".
      But, for sure, there is "one" that is real - and I am almost sure that
      Rudolf Steiner knew this stream.:-)
      But for me it is seems more obvious that in this works allways the
      author want to attract the readers in other ideas to forget the
      initial purpose.
      The major problem for these persons or author remains Christ.
      Because Christ is the purpose and not other thing.
      For the part of the "screws fixed" was really funny. But be sure, that
      it will be a moment in your life when you will have to fix your own
      head's screws and you will have to choose : thinking or hammer:)))

      Best regards from Dan

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "seeekerofthetruuuuth"
      <seeekerofthetruuuuth@y...> wrote:

      > Hi there folks!
      >
      > I've been reading here before (and even posted a couple of times) and
      > know here's some very wise people. Through my parents' long-lived
      > interest on it, I've started to study anthroposophy at about 14 years
      > old, so meaning that I've been interested in it for four years (my
      > parents have been involved in anthroposophical world for about 20
      years).

      > I'm very involved in anthroposophical world of my country already and
      > won't totally stop it even if what I've now found is valid criticism
      > towards anthroposophy, something, that I've for very, very long time
      > been watching out for.
      >
      > I searched this forum through, and haven't found anywhere else any
      > defense from anthroposophical world towards the criticism offered by
      > this anonymous author, who regards himself as a hylozooic or platonic
      > initiate.
      >
      > So here's what I'm talking about: http://www.laurency.com/KVe/kr6.pdf
      > The whole book is found here (The Knowledge of Reality):
      > http://www.laurency.com/index.html
      >
      > You need an Acrobat Reader to read tit. I can paste the text over here
      > if wished.
      >
      > I would be very interested in the thoughts of the genuine walkers of
      > the anthroposophical path about this mind-staggering writing. It seems
      > strongly so that there's either this Henry or Steiner who don't have
      > all the screws right. My fear, I have to confess right now, is that
      > neither of them have it all in there.
      >
      > Thank you for any constructive answers in advance!

    • seeekerofthetruuuuth
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2005
        Ha, for me, it's hammer time any time! :)))

        Otherwise, yes, you said many of the things that are now so perplexing
        me. He not mentioning the Chrisnamurti-case, what's up with that? And
        so much more. Even then he makes me feel so very, very unsure, as with
        thorough investigation his overall points of view seems just as good
        as that of anthroposophy. Yet they are in contradiction of one
        another. One or the other is a way of stray.

        mir

        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "nadmateescu"