An Elemental view of Christmas

  • deborah byron
    Message 1 of 91 , Dec 24, 2005
      This is an excerpt from the book "Nature Spirits and What They
      Say:Interviews with Verena Stael von Holstein", Edited by Wolfgang
      Weirauch (WW).
      The Watery One (Echevit) is a Nix, an advanced water elemental.

      *******************

      WW: And each of these 13 hierarchies has its special night?

      The Watery One: That's right. The night from December 24 to 25 is the
      night of the mineral kingdom, because Christ has arrived in the earth. And
      then comes the night of the plants, the night of the animals, and so on.

      WW: Does New Year have any special meaning?

      The Watery One: Yes, New Year lies in the middle of the 12 Holy Days and
      the 13 Holy Nights and also divides the years. It's a very important day.
      It's the day for looking back.

      WW: On this day humans should take a look back?

      The Watery One: Definitely.

      WW: Does New Year have any meaning for the future?

      The Watery One: Only a secondary one. Nature doesn't look back. It's
      unnecessary.

      WW: What does Epiphany mean?

      The Watery One: That's the day of the birth of the second Jesus child,
      whose story is told in the Gospel of Matthew. But you know that! Even if
      unfortunately most humans no longer know it. This Jesus child is the
      future one.

      WW: What meaning does this day have for nature?

      The Watery One: The same as December 25. In the night of December 25 the
      Jesus everyone knows was born, the past one. His birth is described in
      the Gospel of Luke. Humans should actually celebrate Christmas on January
      6. Because the King's son is now the more important one. We've convinced
      our humans to celebrate Christmas on January 6.

      WW: Many thanks for your explanation.

      The Watery One: You're welcome.

      Verena Stael von Holstein: Echevit didn't put it so clearly but it's very
      important for the nature-beings that humans become aware of the other half
      of Christmas. Most people pack their Christmas things away at New Year.
      And its one terrible effect of the Ahrimanic beings that the Matthew Jesus
      has been forgotten. The Matthew Jesus is connected to knowledge, while
      the Luke Jesus is connected to feeling and is often sentimentalized by
      people. He's made mawkish. The nature beings think that's quite
      dreadful. They're for ever emphasizing that we have to remember the
      future, the cosmic, the knowing Jesus and Christ. He's the bearer of
      wisdom and not of feeling.
    • isenhart7
      Message 91 of 91 , Jan 9, 2006
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com,
        "holderlin66" <holderlin66@h...> wrote:

        > Calling All Angels
        >
        > by Jane Silberry

        I've heard this on the radio so it's been recorded by a
        mainstream artist-I want to say K.D. Lang but I'm not sure. It
        starts off with:

        Santa Maria, Santa Teresa, Santa Anna, Santa Susannah
        Santa Cecilia, Santa Copelia, Santa Dominica, Mary Angelica
        Frater Achad, Frater Pietro, Julianus, Petronella
        Santa, Santos, Miroslaw, Vladimir
        and all the rest ...

        And ends with:

        Calling all angels,