Grail Quest

  • ktydann
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 14, 2005
      Calling All Dreamers and Optimistic Fools,

      Can you aid this knight errant in his quest to turn his history class into a glorious Grail
      Quest? I just finished teaching for the first time a course in Modern Global History, and
      used as our textbook a work called "Worlds Together, Worlds Apart," which was composed
      by a group of Princeton history profs. It was, as you might expect, a bloodless,
      passionless, and ultimately meaningless tour of the last seven centuries of the human
      story. In lectures, I was forever arguing against the textbook, and rather lamely attempted
      to introduce esoteric historical perspectives, with Steiner-informed lectures on such topics
      as the Mexican Mysteries; Joan of Arc; Christian Rosenkrutz and the Fama; the occult
      background to World War I; the 33 1/3- year rhythm, etc.

      This spring I am keen to dance between the pulses of pageantry and mystery, to give the
      students true soul food in their readings, and to collaborate toward the Grail Castle of
      making history speak poetically to us. My problem is my "Eurocentrism." I can raid the
      literature of Europe and North America aplenty for suitable readings, but am at a loss
      when I turn toward the other great cultural hearths of the world, ca. 1300 to the present. If
      I am limited to 4 to 6 books to teach from, what works would any of you suggest?

      Thank you!

      Kevin

      Dr. Kevin Dann
      Department of History
      State University of New York, Plattsburgh
      Plattsburgh, NY 12901
      518 - 564 - 5211
      dannk@...
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 14, 2005
        Hey Kevin,

        The Nineth Century and the Holy Grail by W.J. Stein is a book much
        referenced by a few of the prolific writers in Steiner world. You can
        find a description of the book here at Temple Lodge Publishing and
        just click on S and then W.J. Stein.

        I've just recently bought the book as it was repeatedly referenced by
        John Barnwell who has an amazing book called The Arcana of the Holy
        Grail. It's kinda impossible to get at this second but I just gave
        his email to the list and you can order it from him personally. The
        book is going up to 50. or something so it would be good to get it
        now if you were wanting to check it out. It's at 32.50 yesterday :)
        He's also in Detroit so maybe he could give a lecture at one of your
        classes. He's a pretty able fellow and it just flows from him real
        easy. He's also up on the feminine aspect of the story which helps it
        to be almost alchemical in a way.

        Hope that helps a bit,
        Dottie

        > Calling All Dreamers and Optimistic Fools,
        >
        > Can you aid this knight errant in his quest to turn his history
        class into a glorious Grail
        > Quest? I just finished teaching for the first time a course in
        Modern Global History, and
        > used as our textbook a work called "Worlds Together, Worlds Apart,"
        which was composed
        > by a group of Princeton history profs. It was, as you might expect,
        a bloodless,
        > passionless, and ultimately meaningless tour of the last seven
        centuries of the human
        > story. In lectures, I was forever arguing against the textbook, and
        rather lamely attempted
        > to introduce esoteric historical perspectives, with Steiner-
        informed lectures on such topics
        > as the Mexican Mysteries; Joan of Arc; Christian Rosenkrutz and the
        Fama; the occult
        > background to World War I; the 33 1/3- year rhythm, etc.
        >
        > This spring I am keen to dance between the pulses of pageantry and
        mystery, to give the
        > students true soul food in their readings, and to collaborate
        toward the Grail Castle of
        > making history speak poetically to us. My problem is
        my "Eurocentrism." I can raid the
        > literature of Europe and North America aplenty for suitable
        readings, but am at a loss
        > when I turn toward the other great cultural hearths of the world,
        ca. 1300 to the present. If
        > I am limited to 4 to 6 books to teach from, what works would any of
        you suggest?

        > Thank you!
        >
        > Kevin
        >
        > Dr. Kevin Dann
        > Department of History
        > State University of New York, Plattsburgh
        > Plattsburgh, NY 12901
        > 518 - 564 - 5211
        > dannk@p...

      • Steve Hale
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 14, 2005
          Kevin,

          I would like to suggest Steiner's lecture course, "Materialism and
          the Task of Anthroposophy", seventeen lectures given from April 2
          thru June 5, 1921, as an excellent survey of history from an occult,
          or causal, standpoint. It is GA204 in the bibliographic survey, and
          touches upon much of what is historically relevant that could be
          embellished with assignments designed to corroborate the assertions
          contained within Steiner's fine indications of esoteric roots to
          real meanings in the cause of history and its social progress.

          It also gives clues to a modern interpretation and conduct of the
          Grail Quest, since the 15th century, that is pertinent. You see,
          the etheric body of man has sacrificed its true being, which is one
          of sun levity, in favor of the physical body and its tendency to
          earth's gravity. This has necessitated that the etheric body
          undergo a contractive process that has seen its progressive
          contraction to the point of imprisoning itself within the physical
          body. And this contraction culminated in the 15th century with what
          is called "The Renaissance", or 'Awakening' unto a three-dimensional
          world wherein prior ideative picture forms became abstractions; such
          as paintings of landscapes, still lifes, and portraits of living
          people. And this is a very real but little observed indication of
          the historical evolution of consciousness based on etheric
          contraction. Yes, the world we live in today is a function of an
          etheric body that has sunk itself into the physical body, thus
          making a world of outward external distinctions.

          Steiner has given us an excellent riddle and barometer for self
          development when he equates the minute hand of a clock to work on
          the astral body, and the hour hand to work on the etheric body. And
          what do you think this means? This lecture course would be a good
          starter for your class because it works on the minute hand very
          effectively. And when you inspire them to seek corroborations,
          through their own hard work and efforts, then they will begin to
          know and experience something about the hour.

          Steve

          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "ktydann"
          <dannk@p...> wrote:

          > Calling All Dreamers and Optimistic Fools,
          >
          > Can you aid this knight errant in his quest to turn his history
          class into a glorious Grail
          > Quest? I just finished teaching for the first time a course in
          Modern Global History, and
          > used as our textbook a work called "Worlds Together, Worlds
          Apart," which was composed
          > by a group of Princeton history profs. It was, as you might
          expect, a bloodless,
          > passionless, and ultimately meaningless tour of the last seven
          centuries of the human
          > story.
        • holderlin66
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 14, 2005
            Steve Hale wrote:

[...]

            Bradford praises Steve;

            My god that is so well said. So excellently well thought and
            excellently said Steve. Discernment, discernment, discernment.
            Hearing actual tone ethers...note that entombment of no longer
            hearing spiritual ideals, no longer living in imaginations and
            literatures thoughts, pictures and dpeths of imagination and no
            longer grasping how Lazarus was something of Life ether on the
            rise...This rising of the Etheric Christ is a rising towards the
            very Ethers that tip toe down to man through Spiritual Science and
            Steiner. But what I meant to clearly nip at is the attitude, the
            absolute attitude from nippers like Frank when it comes to weighing
            and discerning what is actually being said.
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 14, 2005
              Hey Everyone,

              On my search for LazarusJohn I've found a page on Adam
              Kadmon. It ocurrs to me that, well it seems to me that
              possibly this Adam Kadmon is the first part of the
              creation myth. It seems to me that it is this Adam
              Kadmon that is expressed when speaking of the first
              Adam and Eve. The A for Anthropos and the K for
              Sophia. I get the K from the Ka which is related to
              the Serpent Wisdom. This Ka, funny how it is a bit
              backwards, is noted as representing the Sophian Wisdom
              from what I've read. Either way it is an interesting
              thought to be getting down to the nitty gritty in this
              whole story.

              http://www.kheper.net/essays/Divinisation_of_Matter.htm

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Barbara Puky
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 15, 2005
                Good morning!
                Did I tell you that Danny got his copy for $5 this
                summer from Rudolf Steiner House's used book
                table after the conference?
                Peace, light and warmth for Christmas my dear,
                Barbara
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 15, 2005
                  Barbara! You did! And I was really jealous of that:0 It woulda been
                  great to have found a copy for that price. Sometimes if it doesn't
                  say Anthroposophy tomorrow on it you have to zing me a second time
                  and say 'hey' db is real good at this :)~

                  Hey Barbara I want to have a meeting of the Knights of the Round
                  Table . Will you join me? We shall think of a time and a place as
                  others think as to whether to join us or not. I seem to be standing
                  along in this.

                  Merry Christmas friend,
                  Dottie

                  > Good morning!
                  > Did I tell you that Danny got his copy for $5 this
                  > summer from Rudolf Steiner House's used book
                  > table after the conference?
                  > Peace, light and warmth for Christmas my dear,
                  > Barbara

                • Steve Hale
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 15, 2005
                    Dottie,

                    I think you'll find Adam Kadmon as the second Adam. He was the
                    common denominator of all the Rheinland Mystics; the resurrected
                    Adam based on the redemption of the physical body prototype, through
                    Jesus' sacrifice of his physical body on Golgotha. Thus, the "Cup"
                    of Jesus is this sun-imbued body that went into the ground after
                    Jesus expelled his last breath. According to the Fifth Gospel, a
                    whirlwind occurred that caused the wrappings of the body to be
                    thrown off, and then a sun-cracking earthquake occurred that put the
                    body into the ground; never to be seen again with physical eyes.

                    Adam Kadmon represents the first stage in the redemption and
                    salvation of mankind. It refers to the task of Christ to redeem,
                    and thus re-perfect, the original physical, etheric, and astral body
                    prototypes. This was effectively accomplished in 1413 AD, with
                    regard to the physical body. And the Rheinland Mystics were aware
                    of it; all of them. Remember this: Christian Rosenkreutz is an
                    anagram.

                    Since 1413 Christ has been evolving for the redemption of the
                    original etheric body prototype. And we have it. Yet, on the other
                    hand, Soradt seeks to keep it fallow and small through his clever
                    attempts to thwart human intelligence by keeping it at the mineral
                    level. Thus, a battle for the cosmic intelligence exists today.

                    Rudolf Steiner was given the task of preparing himself, within the
                    innocence of childhood, for the greater task of being the receiver
                    of the cosmic intelligence of Archangel Michael at the turn of the
                    20th century. Now today, reasoning must attempt to know the full
                    scope of this effort. We can only hope to approach the cosmic
                    intelligence of Michael through the works of Rudolf Steiner. And
                    dare I say, schools for this purpose just have to start cropping up;
                    like Jack's beans.

                    Steve

                    <dottie_z@y...> wrote:

                    > Hey Everyone,
                    >
                    > On my search for LazarusJohn I've found a page on Adam
                    > Kadmon. It ocurrs to me that, well it seems to me that
                    > possibly this Adam Kadmon is the first part of the
                    > creation myth. It seems to me that it is this Adam
                    > Kadmon that is expressed when speaking of the first
                    > Adam and Eve. The A for Anthropos and the K for
                    > Sophia. I get the K from the Ka which is related to
                    > the Serpent Wisdom. This Ka, funny how it is a bit
                    > backwards, is noted as representing the Sophian Wisdom
                    > from what I've read. Either way it is an interesting
                    > thought to be getting down to the nitty gritty in this
                    > whole story.
                  • Steve Hale
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 17, 2005
                      <dannk@p...> wrote:

                      > Calling All Dreamers and Optimistic Fools,
                      >
                      > Can you aid this knight errant in his quest to turn his history
                      class into a glorious Grail
                      > Quest? I just finished teaching for the first time a course in
                      Modern Global History, and
                      > used as our textbook a work called "Worlds Together, Worlds
                      Apart," which was composed
                      > by a group of Princeton history profs. It was, as you might
                      expect, a bloodless,
                      > passionless, and ultimately meaningless tour of the last seven
                      centuries of the human
                      > story. In lectures, I was forever arguing against the textbook,
                      and rather lamely attempted
                      > to introduce esoteric historical perspectives, with Steiner-
                      informed lectures on such topics
                      > as the Mexican Mysteries; Joan of Arc; Christian Rosenkrutz and
                      the Fama; the occult
                      > background to World War I; the 33 1/3- year rhythm, etc.

                      If we go back to the 14th century, right where your textbook begins,
                      we have an event that has had untold ramifications on world history
                      ever since its occurrence. Bradford has posted some excerpts
                      concerning the world famous book, "Robinson Crusoe", written by
                      Daniel Defoe, and how this book could never have even been written
                      if this event from the 14th century had not taken place. And
                      interestingly, it has been translated into just about every language
                      in the world from the original English; a most popular book of
                      classic fiction, and made several times into film.

                      And the event that precludes this work of fiction? Well, the
                      persecution, abolishment, torturing and marytrdom of the Order of
                      the Knights Templar, of course. But would these Princeton scholars
                      understand the significance of this event for the advent of modern
                      materialism, which is at the core of Robinson Crusoe, and all that
                      has arisen over the past 700 years for a schismatically oriented
                      world of advantaged cultures and brutally deprived ones?

                      Steve

                    • dannk@plattsburgh.edu
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 12, 2006
                        Hello All,

                        A friend (a historian of science who teaches at Columbia, and with whom I once
                        shared an office at the University of Minnesota, where she would regularly laugh
                        at any Goethean science materials I shared with her) sent this NYT article to me
                        today. It appears that knowledge of the so-called "indigo children" is already
                        in the grip of Lucifer (the New Age "salvation" desire) and Ahriman (materialist
                        science's labeling of these children as "ADHD," etc.), guaranteeing that what
                        their cognitive styles might tell us about their spiritual situations will go
                        "undiagnosed." Didn't Rudolf Steiner say somewhere that in the future people
                        would be given drugs to prevent spiritual experiences? Has that future already
                        arrived?

                        Best wishes,
                        Kevin Dann

                        http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/12/fashion/thursdaystyles/12INDIGO.html?emc=eta1

                        Are They Here to Save the World?

                        By JOHN LELAND

                        Published: January 12, 2006

                        AT a coffee shop in TriBeCa one morning two weeks ago, David Minh Wong, age 7,
                        was in constant motion. He played with quarters on the table. He dropped them on
                        the floor. He leaned on his mother and walked away.

                        "Tell him I'm strong," he said to his mother, Yolanda Badillo, 50. She sat in a
                        booth with a neighbor, who was there with her goddaughter.

                        "I woke up at 2:16 this morning, and it wasn't raining," he said.

                        "I'm getting bored," he said.

                        At David's public school, where he is in a program for gifted and talented
                        second graders, a teacher told Ms. Badillo that he is arrogant for a boy his
                        age, and teachers since preschool have described him as bright but sometimes
                        disruptive. But Ms. Badillo, a homeopath and holistic health counselor, has her
                        own assessment. To her David's traits - his intelligence, empathy and impatience
                        - make him an "indigo" child.

                        "He told me when he was 6 months old that he was going to have trouble in school
                        because they wouldn't know where to fit him," she said, adding that he told her
                        this through his energy, not in words. "Our consciousness is changing, it's
                        expanding, and the indigos are here to show us the way," Ms. Badillo said. "We
                        were much more connected with the creator before, and we're trying to get back
                        to that connection."

                        If you have not been in an alternative bookstore lately, it is possible that you
                        have missed the news about indigo children. They represent "perhaps the most
                        exciting, albeit odd, change in basic human nature that has ever been observed
                        and documented," Lee Carroll and Jan Tober write in "The Indigo Children: The
                        New Kids Have Arrived" (Hay House). The book has sold 250,000 copies since 1999
                        and has spawned a cottage industry of books about indigo children.

                        Hay House said it has sold 500,000 books on indigo children. A documentary,
                        "Indigo Evolution," is scheduled to open on about 200 screens - at churches,
                        yoga centers, college campuses and other places - on Jan. 27 (locations at
                        www.spiritualcinemanetwork.com).

                        Indigo children were first described in the 1970's by a San Diego
                        parapsychologist, Nancy Ann Tappe, who noticed the emergence of children with an
                        indigo aura, a vibrational color she had never seen before. This color, she
                        reasoned, coincided with a new consciousness.

                        In "The Indigo Children," Mr. Carroll and Ms. Tober define the phenomenon.
                        Indigos, they write, share traits like high I.Q., acute intuition,
                        self-confidence, resistance to authority and disruptive tendencies, which are
                        often diagnosed as attention-deficit disorder, known as A.D.D., or
                        attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, or A.D.H.D.

                        Offered as a guide for "the parents of unusually bright and active children,"
                        the book includes common criticisms of today's child rearing: that children are
                        overmedicated; that schools are not creative environments, especially for bright
                        students; and that children need more time and attention from their parents. But
                        the book seeks answers to mainstream parental concerns in the paranormal.

                        "To me these children are the answers to the prayers we all have for peace,"
                        said Doreen Virtue, a former psychotherapist for adolescents who now writes
                        books and lectures on indigo children. She calls the indigos a leap in human
                        evolution. "They're vigilant about cleaning the earth of social ills and
                        corruption, and increasing integrity," Ms. Virtue said. "Other generations
                        tried, but then they became apathetic. This generation won't, unless we drug
                        them into submission with Ritalin."

                        To skeptics the concept of indigo children belongs in the realm of wishful
                        thinking and New Age credulity. "All of us would prefer not to have our kids
                        labeled with a psychiatric disorder, but in this case it's a sham diagnosis,"
                        said Russell Barkley, a research professor of psychiatry at the State University
                        of New York Upstate Medical University in Syracuse. "There's no science behind
                        it. There are no studies."

                        Dr. Barkley likened the definition of indigo children to an academic exercise
                        called "Barnum statements," after P. T. Barnum, in which a person is given a
                        list of generic psychological characteristics and becomes convinced that they
                        apply especially to him or her. The traits attributed to indigo children, he
                        said, are so general that they "could describe most of the people most of the
                        time," which means that they don't describe anything.

                        Parents who attribute their children's inattention or disruptive behavior to
                        vibrational energy, he said, risk delaying proper diagnosis and treatment that
                        might help them.

                        To indigos and their parents, however, such skepticism is the usual resistance
                        to any new and revolutionary idea. America has always had a soft spot for the
                        supernatural. A November 2005 poll by Harris Interactive found that one American
                        in five believes he or she has been reincarnated; 40 percent believe in ghosts;
                        68 percent believe in angels. It is not surprising then that indigo literature,
                        which incorporates some of these beliefs along with common anxieties about child
                        psychology, has found a receptive audience.

                        Annette Piper, a mother of two in Memphis, said that she had planned to go to
                        medical school until she realized she was an indigo, able to tell what was wrong
                        with people by touching them. Like a lot of others who describe themselves as
                        indigos, she was also sensitive to chemicals and fluorescent lights. Instead of
                        going to medical school, she became an intuitive healer, directing the energy
                        fields around people, and opened a New Age store called Spiritual Freedom.

                        Her daughter Alexandra, 10, is also an indigo, she said. They play games to
                        cultivate their telepathic powers, but at school Alexandra struggles, Ms. Piper
                        said. "She has trouble finishing work in school and wants to argue with the
                        teacher if she thinks she's right," Ms. Piper said. "I don't think she's found
                        out what her gifts are. From the influence in school and friends she lays off
                        these abilities. She's a little afraid of them."

                        Problems in school are common for indigos, said Alex Perkel, who runs the
                        ReBirth Esoteric Science Center in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, a bilingual
                        (Russian-English) center dedicated to "the knowledge of ancient esoteric schools
                        and Eastern science," according to its Web site (www.esotericinfo.com).

                        Last year the center organized a class for indigo children but canceled it when
                        families dropped out for economic reasons.

                        "A lot of people don't understand the children because the children are very
                        smart," Mr. Perkel said. "They have knowledge like our teachers. They don't want
                        to go to school, No. 1, because they don't need the knowledge they can get from
                        school. So parents bring them to psychologists, and psychologists start giving
                        them pills to take out their will and memory. We developed a special program to
                        help them understand that they came to this planet to change the consciousness
                        because they have guides from a higher world."

                        Stephen Hinshaw, a professor and the chairman of psychology at the University of
                        California, Berkeley, acknowledged that "there is a legitimate concern that we
                        are overmedicalizing normal childhood, particularly with A.D.H.D." But, he said,
                        research shows that even gifted children with attention-deficit problems do
                        better with more structure in the classroom, not less.

                        "If you conduct a very open classroom, kids with A.D.H.D. may fit in better,
                        because everyone's running around, but there's no evidence that it helps
                        children with A.D.H.D. learn. On the other hand if you have a more traditional
                        classroom, with consistent tasks and expectations and rewards, kids with
                        A.D.H.D. may have a harder time fitting in at first, but in the long run there's
                        evidence that it helps their learning."

                        Julia Tuchman, a partner in Neshama Healing in Manhattan, who works with a lot
                        of indigo children and adults, said it was important for their families not to
                        turn away from traditional psychology and medicine.

                        "I'm very holistically oriented, but many people who come here I send to
                        doctors," she said. "I'm not against medication at all. I just think it's
                        overused." When parents take children to her for treatment - she practices
                        electromagnetic field balancing, a touch-free massage that purports to tune a
                        person's electromagnetic field - she said that just telling the children that
                        they have special gifts is often a healing gesture.

                        "Can you imagine a child going up to his parents and saying, 'I'm talking to an
                        angel,' or 'I'm talking to someone who's deceased'?" Ms. Tuchman asked. "A lot
                        of them have no one to talk to." She, like others who see indigos, sees them as
                        a reason for hope.

                        Even disruptive behavior has a purpose, said Marjorie Jackson, a tai chi and
                        yoga teacher in Altadena, Calif., who said that her son, Andrew, is an indigo.
                        Andrew, now 25, was not disruptive as a child, she said, but in her practice she
                        sees indigos who are.

                        "The purpose of the disruptive ones is to overload the system so the school will
                        be inspired to change," Ms. Jackson said. "The kids may seem like they have
                        A.D.D. or A.D.H.D. What that is, is that the stimulus given to them, their inner
                        being is not interested in it. But if you give them something that harmonizes
                        with the broad intention that their inner self has for them, they won't be
                        disruptive."

                        She said that schools should treat children more like adults, rather than
                        placing them in "fear-based, constrictive, no-choice environments, where they
                        explode."

                        Ms. Jackson compared people who do not recognize indigos to Muggles, the name
                        used by J. K. Rowling in the Harry Potter books to describe ordinary people who
                        have no connection with magic. "I would say 90 percent of the world is like the
                        Muggles," she said. "You don't talk about this stuff with them because it's
                        going to scare them."

                        In the TriBeCa coffee shop, David Minh Wong continued to play with his coins and
                        talk to his mother. Ms. Badillo and her neighbor Sandra McCoy said they have
                        family members who don't believe in the indigo idea. Ms. McCoy sat with her
                        goddaughter, Jasmine Washington, 14. In contrast to David, Jasmine listened
                        serenely, waiting for questions.

                        Yet Jasmine too is an indigo child, Ms. McCoy said: "I always knew there was
                        something different about her. Then when I saw something about indigos on
                        television, I knew what it was." Like many other indigos Jasmine is home-schooled.

                        For Jasmine, who often sensed she was different from other children, especially
                        in the public schools, the designation of indigo is a comfort.

                        "The kids now are very different, so it's good that there's a name for it, and
                        people pay attention to what's different about them," Jasmine said. Like the
                        women at the table she said that indigos have a special purpose: "To help the
                        world come together again. If something bad happens, I always think I can fix
                        it. Since we have these abilities, we can help the world."
                      • dannk@plattsburgh.edu
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 13, 2006
                          Quoting gaelman58 <gaelman58@...>:

                          > Friend: Is there something specifically mentioned by Steiner that
                          > alludes to these children?...regards, Gaelman

                          No, other than the question I raised (Steiner's remark about "vaccinations"
                          against spiritual experiences sometime in the future), I am not aware of any,
                          but these children raise important questions regarding the evolution of
                          consciousness, a central aspect of Rudolf Steiner's teaching.

                          I have not seen the book, but Georg Kuhlewind has written on this subject:

                          Star Children
                          Understanding Children Who Set Us Special Tasks and Challenges
                          Georg Kuhlewind
                          ISBN: 190263649x
                          Book (Paperback)
                          Temple Lodge
                          $25.00
                          160 pages
                          October 2004

                          Here is the publisher's catalog announcement about the book:

                          “While working on this book the following happened to me: As I checked in at
                          the airport in Hamburg a young couple was in front of me, and the mother had a
                          three-to-four-month old baby in her arms. All of a sudden the baby turned round,
                          looked me straight in the eye, and I was deeply shaken; for that was not the
                          look of a baby but of a very self-aware adult, a wise one, and he appeared to
                          see right through me.” —Georg Kühlewind

                          Who are the star children? In recent years, much has been written about “gifted”
                          children with special abilities, sometimes called “indigo children” or “crystal
                          children.” It is said that these children are coming to earth to help humanity
                          in its development. Based on extensive research, Georg Kühlewind confirms that
                          this new generation has been incarnating among us for the past couple of
                          decades. This event, he states, is one of the most important of our age.

                          Unlike many other contributors to this discussion, Kühlewind gives us the
                          necessary background to follow experientially what he has to say. He takes us
                          consciously and scientifically into the realm from which we all enter the world
                          as babies, “trailing clouds of glory.” We all possess the tools he describes for
                          taking this path: our thoughts, our heart forces, and our willpower. By using
                          these faculties with full attention—by focusing our attentiveness and
                          eliminating everything else—we can enter the realm of the spirit where the
                          prevailing laws are different from those on Earth. The author helps us by
                          closing each chapter with themes for contemplation and meditation.

                          Star Children is a compelling addition to the literature on the theme of
                          “special children,” offering a unique perspective based on spiritual science and
                          research.

                          Kevin
                        • gaelman58
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 13, 2006

                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 14, 2006
> [...]
                              takes us
                              > consciously and scientifically into the realm from which we all
                              enter the world
                              > as babies, "trailing clouds of glory." We all possess the tools he
                              describes for
                              > taking this path: our thoughts, our heart forces, and our willpower.
                              By using
                              > these faculties with full attention—by focusing our attentiveness and
                              > eliminating everything else—we can enter the realm of the spirit
                              where the
                              > prevailing laws are different from those on Earth. The author helps
                              us by
                              > closing each chapter with themes for contemplation and meditation.
                              >
                              > Star Children is a compelling addition to the literature on the theme of
                              > "special children," offering a unique perspective based on spiritual

                              Kevin: I've read some of Kuhlewind's espistomological work so I'm
                              inclined to take seriously anything the man has to say...I'm also
                              inclined to take a somewhat jaundiced view of some of the things
                              published regarding "Indigo" children...I've had a few years
                              experience teaching "special" kids (ADD, ADHD, and so on)...a cut
                              above other kids they ain't...if they're the future, we're in
                              trouble...regards, Gaelman