Occult Strategy

  • val2160
    Message 1 of 138 , Nov 29, 2005
      Awhile back, Bradford discussed a certain group of home
      educators and asked how they planned to change the
      world/affect the future. Well, my immediate thought was that they
      share the same strategy as apparently Waldorf schools do-that
      by educating the children effectively they can affect the future. It
      also occurs to me that this is quite possibly also the strategy
      being employed by the Bush administration-it is what is behind
      the No Child Left Behind Act.

      Alll these parties who are involved with the education of the
      country's children are interested in the long haul-all of them, all
      of us-attempting to give our children the tools necessary for their
      future. And the means by which we do this, whether we know it or
      not, are formative. The homeschoolers that Bradford cited and
      Waldorf schools certainly know this, the United States
      Department of Education knows this.

      Which brings me to this whole intelligence issue-what is
      Intelligence? Yup, Michaelic Intelligence versus Central
      Intelligence and how will our children know the difference? What
      tools will they have? George had faulty intelligence-which would
      almost be funny if it weren't so tragic. Our leadership is only as
      good as the information it is provided with. You know what they
      say-"garbage in-garbage out". Oh, I forgot that's said about
      machines, about computers, not people. But here, it seems to
      me, we have a model (imperative?) in the President of the
      United States of how this can apply to human beings as well.
      What is a human being? Who knows? Who can say? Who will
      tell us? Our government? Our industries? Do we become, do we
      allow ourselves to be defined by the roles that we may play as
      taxpayer, as consumer?

      Here is an excerpt from a 47 page magazine/advertisement that I
      received today from Smart Technologies, www.smarttech.com

      "These (online curriculum) tools are ideal for one-to-one
      educational settings where every student has a wireless,
      mobile, computing device as well as for one-to-many settings in
      which classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards.
      They offer levels of interactivity and differentiated instruction
      impossible in a traditional classroom even for the most
      advanced master teacher.

      As an example, MYAccess! Writing provides immediate feedback
      for students on their writing drafts, not only offering assistance
      with spelling and grammar concerns like a modern word
      processor, but also providing more sophisticated feedback
      involving sentence construction, voice and other writing aspects.
      IntelliMetric, the Web-based essay scoring engine developed by
      Vantage Learning uses artificial intelligence (AI)
      technology. According to the company's website, the application
      emulates the process carried out by expert human scorers and
      achieves levels of scoring that equal or exceed expert graders.

      Technologies like these do not replace teachers. Rather, they
      free them from having to be the only source of experienced and
      trained feedback for student writers. These software tools
      empower both teachers and students to go farther in their
      journeys of learning than they could without technology tools."

      What Smart Technologies is pitching is the concept of a monitor
      and keyboard for every student in the classroom connected to a
      whiteboard in the front of the classroom, thus providing
      "one-to-one" instruction, for openers anyway. Several school
      districts are using this technology, as is my local school district.
      So while I share Bradford's perspective on the content being
      brought forward in public schools today, I see, in this advancing
      technology an assault on the context in which our children are
      taught as well. -Val
    • Simone
      Message 138 of 138 , Jan 2, 2006
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Danny"
        <premabrahma@y...> wrote:

        > This Warmth and this Light
        > Generated from inside("Using ideas as my maps")
        > The Desire made Christed-Might,
        > For the power to have over matter
        > ("To be or not to be")changed into a New Vibrant order!
        >
        > Lo, recognized... the Festivals each one proper
        > As a + towards the Resurrection accomplishment;
        > And the Soul - I-Amidst - to Experience
        > Life Abundant('s) Source(d) with Elementals presence
        > Sobornal-Rejoicing - 'Poly-Gnosis': the I AM!
        >
        > Soft as a Joy, the Divine Child "Hows"
        > Heaven-Ether Glee-Water-Blends...
        > For you to say one day the Realization:
        > "Ah, but I was so much older then,
        > I'm younger than that now.". . .
        >

        > Dan

        All through eternity
        Beauty unveils His exquisite form
        in the solitude of nothingness;
        He holds a mirror to His Face
        and beholds His own beauty.
        he is the knower and the known,
        the seer and the seen;
        No eye but His own
        has ever looked upon this Universe.

        His every quality finds an expression:
        Eternity becomes the verdant field of Time and Space;
        Love, the life-giving garden of this world.
        Every branch and leaf and fruit
        Reveals an aspect of His perfection-
        They cypress give hint of His majesty,
        The rose gives tidings of His beauty.

        Whenever Beauty looks,
        Love is also there;
        Whenever beauty shows a rosy cheek
        Love lights Her fire from that flame.
        When beauty dwells in the dark folds of night
        Love comes and finds a heart
        entangled in tresses.
        Beauty and Love are as body and soul.
        Beauty is the mine, Love is the diamond.
        (Rumi)

        Thank you, (according to J.O)
        Simone