Narnia and the Michael School

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 19, 2005
      "Narnia itself - a mystical landscape where animals can talk,
      mythical beasts are common and pools become portals to different
      worlds.

      It is a complex setting that has more in common with Tolkien's
      Middle-Earth than JK Rowling's relatively insular Hogwarts.

      And, like Middle-Earth, it comes with its own detailed history,
      geography, mythology and even cosmology."

      Bradford wrote;

      "Now we are naming aspects that come from the grounds of
      Occult observations and we are schooling ourselves away from vague
      attributes and unclassified beings right into the center of Earth
      History and human evolution, into the classification of beings, just
      as Tolkien classified the various realms and ranges of distinct
      beings, so humanity, who are us, are nothing but lazy, uneducated,
      vague meddlers in an apparently meaningless cosmos."

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4413668.stm

      "The fourth Harry Potter film, The Goblet of Fire, is confidently
      expected to break box-office records when it opens in the UK on 18
      November.

      Directed by Mike Newell of Four Weddings and a Funeral fame, it will
      be the fourth hit in a row for its young stars Daniel Radcliffe,
      Emma Watson and Rupert Grint.

      All three have been signed up for the fifth film, Harry Potter and
      the Order of the Phoenix, due out in summer 2007.

      By then, however, the series' status as Hollywood's pre-eminent
      fantasy franchise may be under threat from another blockbuster saga
      looming on the horizon - The Chronicles of Narnia, which is released
      in the UK on 8 December.

      Mystical landscape

      For three consecutive Christmases between 2001 and 2003, audiences
      flocked to see the three instalments in Peter Jackson's epic Lord of
      the Rings.

      The first two of these, The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two
      Towers, opened in close proximity to the first two Potter titles,
      the Philosopher's Stone and the Chamber of Secrets.

      The first Potter narrowly outperformed Fellowship at the US box
      office, but the situation was reversed the following year.

      Their success proved there was a strong demand for epic adventure
      based on popular fantasy fiction.

      And it is precisely that demographic that Walt Disney Pictures and
      its producing partner Walden Media hope to target with their $150m
      (£85m) version of CS Lewis's Narnia adventure, The Lion, the Witch
      and the Wardrobe.

      Like the Lord of the Rings, the film is based on a 20th century
      literary classic and has been mostly shot in New Zealand, on
      soundstages previously used for Jackson's films.

      But with six more Narnia books optioned, the nascent franchise has
      even more material to draw on than the JRR Tolkien-inspired trilogy.

      Tilda Swinton plays the White Witch in The Chronicles of Narnia
      As in JK Rowling's Potter books, the lead Narnia characters are
      children caught up in spectacular adventures involving witches,
      magic and outlandish creatures.

      Where the Narnia series differs is that the children do not feature
      in every book, meaning any sequels would not be as reliant on
      specific child actors as the Potter films are.

      Time has been a pervasive factor in the Potter series, with
      Radcliffe, Watson and Grint all ageing faster than their fictional
      counterparts.

      One more outing is guaranteed, but it has been suggested that the
      series will need to be recast by the time the sixth book and the as-
      yet-unwritten seventh instalment are made into films.

      That is not a concern for the Narnia series, whose real star is
      Narnia itself - a mystical landscape where animals can talk,
      mythical beasts are common and pools become portals to different
      worlds.

      It is a complex setting that has more in common with Tolkien's
      Middle-Earth than JK Rowling's relatively insular Hogwarts.

      And, like Middle-Earth, it comes with its own detailed history,
      geography, mythology and even cosmology.

      It remains to be seen how much of this will feature in the first
      Narnia film, which is being pitched to audiences as a fast-paced,
      effects-based action adventure.

      It is notable, too, that while Walden Media have optioned all the
      other Narnia books, a follow-up has yet to be announced.

      Note also how the producers have opted for the most familiar of
      Lewis' series, rather than its chronological prequel, The Magician's
      Nephew.

      It is a decision that reflects the fact that - outside of devoted
      readers of fantasy literature - The Chronicles of Narnia remain
      something of an unknown quantity.

      "This is really the only Narnia book to make," says Chris Hewitt,
      associate editor of Empire magazine. "I don't think the others made
      that much of an impact."

      Despite the name recognition, however, Hewitt expresses some
      pessimism about its chances.

      "I don't think there's a huge buzz around Narnia," he says.

      "There's no Lord of the Rings this year for the second year in a
      row, so our readers want something to fill that gap.

      "But I think Harry Potter will be the more successful of the two -
      and while Narnia could be a good one-off instalment, the world's not
      really waiting for a sequel."

      In the end, though, a third candidate - King Kong, Jackson's first
      film since the Lord of the Rings - may prove a bigger hit than both.

      Bradford concludes;

      Our children come down from the stars and they take up the vibrant
      Imaginations from Hogwarts and Lord of the Rings and Narnia...We as
      Waldorf parents encourage such vivid reading and Imagination. But as
      adults, disconnected from actual reality, we are not getting the
      deed of Dr. Steiner when he brings cosmology and classification of
      alien beings directly into the adult psychology of humanity. This is
      not a game. But Anthros pretend that some how Steiner and Spiritual
      Science is not from our real world. Just as Hogwarts doesn't really
      exist and even though a Waldorf School is the early foundation that
      restores the Imagination and thinking capacities and opens the
      gateway to the Consciousness Soul, parents and adults really have no
      taste for taking up the reality of Dr. Steiner.

      Dr. Steiner is not a myth, or a game. The detailed dynamic of the
      embryonic group called "The Inklings" had Owen Barfield, Tolkien,
      C.S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and Hargrove, the president of the
      Anthro Society of Great Britain in it, talking with each other and
      living these immense imaginations along with Walter Johannes Stein,
      Karl Konig and Frances Edmonds.

      Now Lewis and Tolkien and Rowlings have offered something to our
      children of stupendous value. The crown to all this, after you feel
      Cosmologies and other worlds with a Luciferic tinge swirl through
      the deadened nerves of our dried out depleted educational system, is
      a wonder and a hope that what they carried from the threshold of
      birth will remain awake and alive in them.

      Naturally parents and the rest of the world insist that the sooner
      we put those fantasy worlds behind us the more equiped we will be to
      face the dried out Intellectual Soul rigours of our Ahrimanized
      university world that shatters and destroys any interconnectedness
      of systems and underpinings of human and cosmic cosmologies.
      Parents, and adults need to take lessons in how to translate reality
      in front of their noses into the language of real beings and
      cosmologies and make that real, if not for their children, for
      themselves.

      You see we read all of these wonders wrongly. We always do. Adult
      parents and human beings everywhere read these events wrongly.
      Always wrongly. It is a terrible, terrible shame. Rowlings has taken
      up the mighty impulse of "The Inklings" and carried the ball for the
      most appalling failure of Tony Blair Brits. And we have film
      producers who are now able to magnify these imaginations and french
      fry, freeze dry and distill them into something far less loosened
      than the reading of them and the Imagination of the individual
      supplied. But still they are read and absorbed into the system of
      our children. Still this is a much richer foundation than Jihad
      Christian fundamentalism of guilt and sin. Still rich conceptual
      imagery arises and our children are in the hunger zone to hold onto
      cosmologies and beings they saw in the stars before they incarnated
      into the five senses.

      Then comes Dr. Steiner. Then the appalling lack of interest in the
      actual reality of the great truth of the Christ Event as the center
      of human cosmology in the ACTUAL. IN the REAL! Here placed before
      the gaze of humanity and the gates of the Consciousness Soul are the
      restored richness of every form of Cosmology that Michael held for
      humanity. Michael knew and Steiner knew that humanity would need
      these to revitalize the dried out Intellectual Soul region where
      Ahriman resides in the dull parental thinking and materialistic lie
      that is foisted on us.

      And if you want to go back to the Steiner Michael Letters, the final
      words penned daily by Steiner in summation...You will find that
      Michael has held the Celtic vision and the mythologies and the
      elemental beings and the old Luciferic magical insights of humanity
      as a past image of a present...a present updated vision of how human
      courage must face the reality of the Christ Event and the mature
      Cosmologies of mankind. Steiner knew that Michael and Christ would
      hold these for future human stimulation to get their dull brains
      around the reality of current events, to see into the soul of Dick
      Cheney, Pat Robertson, Karl Rove, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, and
      dumb ass, drunk, GWB.

      The disconnect in adults is astonishing. It is appalling and reveals
      our Michael cowardice and our failure to see the approach and
      substructure to Michael culture in Real Time and in the efforts of
      our greatest writers. The Children see it and then we let the ball
      drop. Adults let the ball drop because the bridge from Luciferic
      Cosmologies that Tolkien/Rowlings and Lewis rolled out, come from
      the source and well spring of the real Cosmologies that Steiner
      unfolds under the Michael School. In the Consciousness Soul we are
      dealing with real history, psychology and karma and the great
      Spiritual realities of mankind.

      Once the Consciousness Soul and the world of Spiritual Science is
      opened like a book, it dwarfs Narnia, it dwarfs, Rowlings and it
      dwarfs, Tolkien. Because Steiner sourced these vast literature
      efforts as efforts from the Michael School to keep the imagination
      limber enough so that the Consciousness Soul could preserve the
      approach of the Etheric Christ and read into the subtext of our
      current ZeitGeist the myths, the beings and the actions that are
      REAL behind the threhold and masks of current events. That we
      maintain an eye to be able to see these things before our eyes and
      carry the courage of the Consciousness Soul/Intellectual Soul and
      Sentient Soul warmth into the new regions of Michael School
      Intelligence is part of the goal of this other channel of education
      that remains outside the dried up realm of public education.

      And that is why we fail our children, miss our opportunities, pooh,
      pooh the greatness of the comsologies of Spiritual Science and act
      like we are adift without a compass. We cannot digest or appears
      that most of us cannot digest even the minimum of Spiritual Science
      and we certainly don't grasp the intimate connections of how
      Rowlings, Tolkien and Narnia are indeed Luciferic but well wrought
      rich tapestries that our children understand from having come from
      the Spiritual World where realities are very different than here on
      Earth. Steiner did battle directly in the hardest of Earthly
      realities in preparation for the stunning event of the historical
      opening of the rising of the Etheric Christ in 1933. It was the
      dawning of the first wave of Sorathian/Ahrimanized humanity in such
      a thing as "The Final Solution".

      And in the midst of such a devastating history we find ourselves
      once more facing human beings who have let unclassified entities and
      beings infest themselves in layers of their sentient/intellectual
      and consciousness soul. This is no myth. This is the real work of
      the Michael School to stand clear, firm and concrete on the Science
      of Humanity and open the gateways for our children to approach the
      solid realm of the Consciousness Soul.
    • holderlin66
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 20, 2005
        R.S.

        http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA026/English/RSP1973/GA026_c10.html

        http://makeashorterlink.com/?N24B1203C

        "Michael is already at this time active for humanity from the
        spiritual world. He is preparing his later work from out of the
        supersensible. He is giving humanity impulses which preserve the
        former relation to the Divine-Spiritual world, without this
        preservation adopting a Luciferic character.

        "Thus Michael stands in his activity between the Luciferic World-
        picture, and the Ahrimanic World-intellect. The World-picture
        becomes through him a World-revelation full of wisdom, which reveals
        the World-intellect as Divine World-activity. And in this World-
        activity lives the care of Christ for humanity — even in the World-
        activity which can thus reveal itself to the heart of man out of
        Michael's World-revelation."

        holderlin brought:

[...]

        We have the seemingly fantastic research of writers presenting such
        visions as Narnia, C.S. Lewis...Rowling's and the "Harry Potter"
        series and the vast cosmologies of Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings".
        These are what our children are feeding off of. In the above link to
        Steiner's Anthroposophical Leading Thoughts, the parent and student
        of Spiritual Science is led to grasp just how the mood of the past,
        these fabled stories, penetrate the growing astral/etheric forces of
        childhood at certain points of interest. These imaginations either
        prepare the ground and are part of Imaginations preserved by Michael
        to invigorate the deadening of Ahrimanic Intellectual pragmatic
        public Education or they are for parents merely a side issue to REAL
        EDUCATION which is murdering the brains and injecting the immune
        systems of our children with mercury embedded vaccines and horrific,
        splintering and icy cold, surgically drawn and quartered out and out
        sadism disguised as education. And I will show you why I know this.

        We can establish that "Intelligent Design" has been hijacked from
        out from under Spiritual Science and snuck over to humanities
        disgust that things are not Darwinian and abstract as Stephen
        Hawkings, in Newton's Chair would like. If you are parents you have
        to sense the immense distaste that ahriman has planted in the idea
        that the universe is richly ordered around human Intelligence as the
        whole series of Anthro Leading Thoughts that Steiner presented in
        his final hours, depicts. That is if you are a parent who has any
        guts to defend their children.

        We can understand horror movies, chainsaw massacre and horrific
        blood letting movies by understanding exactly what horrific
        consequences Public Education has in imploding, torturing,
        disecting, vivisectioning, ripping asunder the living flesh, the
        living Etheric cohesion of the Living Etheric Christ as the fabric
        and Logos of the world. As the fabric and virgin cohesion of each
        Etheric Body that comes into this world.

        There, that is said. It is now stated openly, you destroy the
        Etheric Christ, we recrucify our children's etheric cohesion of
        intelligence by our approach to the child and to unfolding education
        from playskool to graduate degress and in every so called vaccine
        and medical solution we invade our children's lives with. It is a
        horrific torturing of the Christ as depicted by Mel Gibson in his
        Passion, until the Child graduates from university with nothing but
        the shredded, shrunken heads, like a necklace of cannibals
        representing the degrees, slung around his neck, that he/she wears
        so that she/he can fit into the consumer animal, trained materialism
        zoo that we have made into the science of brainwashing our children
        with. Adults don't defend adults, so they certainly don't defend in
        subtle regions areas that they deny and refuse to explore, the
        subtle sytems of their own children's cohesion. We are dastardly,
        enabling cowards, everywhere!

        Waldorf takes up the solid Imagination of Michael, Norse, India,
        Egypt, cosmologies,and their different beings and carries them along
        and merges them into the picture of the science and the noble ideals
        that humanity bridges when Michael in his battle bridges himself
        between two worlds. Waldorf lives in the Michael battle for the soul
        of Childhood, ask Frances Edmunds who I knew and loved about the
        Soul of and Kingdom of Childhood and Hargrove who I knew and signed
        my own Anthro membership and pink card.

        "Thus Michael stands in his activity between the Luciferic World-
        picture, and the Ahrimanic World-intellect."

        And Waldorf makes this bridge conscious and possible so that the
        actual reality of the cohesive Etheric Christ insights may arise in
        the growing child to adulthood. Who will find in the world the real
        answers to baffling and disturbing questions of What is the Science
        of being Human? Steiner in this series and in the translation calls
        it the Spiritual Soul we call it also the Consciousness Soul. That
        the battle of vision that starts with Grimm's fairy tales, "Narnia",
        Rowlings and the Ring Series...can lead the adult right into how
        Richard Wagner had such an obvious incarnation in the Arthurian and
        Merlin, Celtic world of the past, but appeared as Richard Wagner.
        And when we check the dates of Richard Wagner we come to Parsifal as
        the 1879 culmination point... and we find that real history, real
        humanity, real human incarnations brought Nietzsche together with
        poor Richard Wagner. Obscure huh?!!! Ya of course, of course. It
        isn't obscure, we are obscure. We cannot even fathom how Spiritual
        Science sent ripples into the occult backgrounds of the world, with
        Steiner's Michael Thoughts.

        We are obscure because all the real trails in history that are laced
        with Consciousness Soul and Michael insights and imaginations that
        were brought gift wrapped by Dr. Steiner to our doorsteps are
        considered by the Anthro first and then by the perspective parent,
        second, as obscure. It is easy to see why a child loves the fantasy
        of Rowling's, Lewis and Tolkien but it is not so easy to see how
        adults can miss the gifts of the Cosmologies and depth of Steiner's
        insights into the mysteries of the Consciousness Soul.

        It is we, the adults, that have drunk the Kool Aid. We assume that
        this bastardization we call education isn't the gift of Ahriman
        after he has sliced and diced our children into dull stupid little
        materialists like us, the parents. Here are is the link to Anthro
        Leading Thoughts that unfolds the rich, brief tale, of how Michael
        is attempting to keep the ancient star door open for our children,
        for humanity, through Luciferic Imaginations, beings, unclassifed
        and classified elementals, humans, gods, luciferic/Ahrimanic and
        indeed Fenrir Wolf, Harvey, termed Ahrimanic, and Loki, termed
        Luciferic, activities that Michael, the Archai Michael, holds open
        for humanity and great writers have presented as a side bar to the
        shrivelled education, and disconnected mess we offer our children.

        The Children crave a cohesion of vast cosmological integration of
        mystery, myth, imagination and vividness of language. All these
        things are destroyed so that the Intellectual Soul can be peppered
        and prepared, salted, for Ahrimanic cultural materialism and feasted
        upon by egregores. But the Children long for the teachers, the
        parents and the adults, professors and at minimum, maybe even Joseph
        Campbellish, but who in fact bring with them from the stars, the
        hopes of finding the fruits of the Consciousness Soul that exists in
        every sentence of Spiritual Science.

        But the adults are allergic to it because they have been vaccined
        against keeping their hearts and minds in limber insight to grasp
        the affair of the Gods that Golgotha and the cohesion and fabric of
        the Etheric World that the Etheric Christ is, even to the etheric
        system of memory, past ages, past lives and all that our children
        bring with them into incarnation. None of this stands or survives
        the test for human adults in the wake of what their children crave
        and require for us to carry to the frontiers of the Conscousness
        Soul.

        Just read these Anthro Leading Thoughts, just to unriddle the issues
        surrounding the theme in this thread. The whole of the leading
        thoughts, just taken from this angle, read with rich insights, will
        reveal exactly the type of battle against real forces invading human
        consciousness and real ORCS and real occult forces from Rowling's
        Hogwarts school that are really in our human, adult environment but
        remain unseen and denied. The Rainbow bridge is constantly being
        bombarded and by enemy fire. How can our children cross it if we
        cannot cross it?

        http://makeashorterlink.com/?N24B1203C
      • Steve Hale
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 20, 2005
          Bradford,

          You know, it's hard to know where to jump in and start with the
          issues you bring up. For one like myself, who has been studying
          spiritual science for the past nearly twenty years, and for the past
          seven years faced with the ominous presence of the Soradtic beast,
          and its profoundly defective logic, what can I say?

          Well first, I believe that if schools for spiritual science existed
          today like Steiner called for 85 years ago, that we would be looking
          at a better situation. Secondly, Michael issued a decree in the 9th
          century that involved transforming the general collective
          consciousness into one that is personal and individual. And
          therefore, a circumferential wall had to be built 'ala' Gilgamesh
          for the purpose of making man "self-referential", with no direct
          access to spiritual beings. This is how it came to be that mankind
          was prepared for the cracking open of the egg of the Consciousness
          Soul in the last third of the 19th century.

          So, if we could proceed from the position of the gnosis that really
          exists to be got, then a proactive stance can be maintained rather
          than a negative posture that looks rather insurmountable. If
          spiritual science exists as the counterbalance to Soradt's influence
          into the ego, then this effort should be our dedicated emphasis.
          And the more it can be spread beyond the one or two percent that
          entertains it, the more better don't you believe?

          Steve

          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66"

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 21, 2005
            Steve Hale wrote:

            "Secondly, Michael issued a decree in the 9th
            century that involved transforming the general collective
            consciousness into one that is personal and individual. And
            therefore, a circumferential wall had to be built 'ala' Gilgamesh
            for the purpose of making man "self-referential", with no direct
            access to spiritual beings. This is how it came to be that mankind
            was prepared for the cracking open of the egg of the Consciousness
            Soul in the last third of the 19th century.

            So, if we could proceed from the position of the gnosis that really
            exists to be got, then a proactive stance can be maintained rather
            than a negative posture that looks rather insurmountable."

            Bradford previously wrote;

            "...can lead the adult right into how
            Richard Wagner had such an obvious incarnation in the Arthurian and
            Merlin, Celtic world of the past, but appeared as Richard Wagner.
            And when we check the dates of Richard Wagner we come to Parsifal as
            the 1879 culmination point... and we find that real history, real
            humanity, real human incarnations brought Nietzsche together with
            poor Richard Wagner. Obscure huh?!!! Ya of course, of course."

            Commenting and agreeing with Steve;

            Look at this date 1879 and look at the infamous year or as we prefer
            to state, a target point, of 869. Steve and many Anthros look at
            these target points, lets say, 1933 and how the world that gave
            birth to Spiritual Science came right out of Darwinian, snail mail,
            evolution bound thinking.

            Oh yes the human genome has arrived and Nano technology has arrived,
            but also the retrograde drift back away from "Intelligent Design"
            that is in every page of "Occult Science", towards Stephen Hawkings
            universe without MAN in it, and Darwin's well grounded, Tariq
            upgrade from his incarnation in 711, evolution theories. And out of
            this has arisen a sickening distaste for the wonders of
            how "Intelligent Design" works. It is trendy to say, "Intelligent
            Design" is for foolhardy fundies. All Ahriman has done is plant a
            WORD and CONCEPTUAL road block, an automatic negating response, to
            even bringing up the magnificent ordering of the universe that runs
            through music, the human skeleton, out into the vast stars and the
            spinning orbits of the planets, down to the rainbows drawn with
            children's block crayons.

            Now Anthro students know what the target date of 869 meant to
            Steiner. We also know that the target date of 1933 brought the giant
            Darwinian Ape, King Kong, climbing up the Empire State buildings as
            the biggest spike of pride coming out of Ahriman's underworld. The
            larger the sky scrapers, the bigger the condoms. And Ahriman
            wallowed in the image of King Kong, as the underpinings of Darwin,
            massively crawling over the city where Ahriman's greed linked itself
            with mighty towers of Babel.

            OOOOPPPPs here comes a new King Kong remake to give us more
            retrograde reminders of how Evolution, that chaotic theory and mess,
            that gives teachers the license to disconnect, shatter and blast out
            the ordered potential cohesion of the etheric brains of our
            children, into a scattered and accidental universe where no advanced
            formats of ourselves, THE GODS, could ever exist, is allowed open
            season to murder in the name of education. For who is now murdering
            in other countries and from what foundation of education did they
            arise?

            But lets get back to Steve and the 9th century. Well with characters
            that only apparent Anthros interest themselves with, Haroun al
            Raschid and Schionatulander, it remains all so obscure, except for
            those who follow Steiner into awakening the vast history of
            Intelligence and the building of the solid thinking vessel of the I
            AM. Well Schionatulander morphed, literally moved forward into the
            incarnation of St. Thomas Aquinas where the first fire storm from
            the decrees or the call of Michael, brought out the perceptual and
            conceptual orientation of how the Word, the meaning and the soul
            orientation positioned itself within Nominalism and Realism.

            Oh the wonders of being one of the most clever diplomats that ever
            worked together with the Arab Islamic world, Schionatulander, was
            highly respected and welcomed at the court of Baghdad under the vast
            empire of Haroun and of course the Initiation School of Masons and
            Templars who grew out of this Grail diplomacy that Schionatulander
            spearheaded. Schionnatulander, as Beautiful Nature or as Albert
            Steffen used to say, Schonewissenschaft, or Beautiful Science. You
            see just words...all just words and Frank can do a great deal with
            understanding the difference between the Realism of words and the
            Nominalism of words.

            http://www.litencyc.com/php/sworks.php?rec=true&UID=14453

            "Scholarship, with quite enough to occupy it in the two lengthy
            poems, particularly Parzival, which come to mind at the mention of
            the name of Wolfram von Eschenbach, has tended to overlook the two
            fragments traditionally known as Titurel, though Sigune and
            Schionatulander has been proposed as a more appropriate title."

            Bradford concludes;

            The Nominalism of words arises today in what we see before us as
            propaganda and spin, maybe even 'wandering lies'. Steiner once
            talked about GANDA or wandering cup out of the Norwegian Folk Soul
            lectures as I recall.(probably recall wrongly) But propaganda is the
            dirty word called SPIN or Swift Boating in Amerika.

            It is that, instantly, on the headlines today, we can see how Karl
            Rove, GWB and Dick Cheney and Spin, Lie brought us right into the
            heart of Baghdad again. The battle between Nominalism and Realism
            and the Arab impulse took the truth, the reality of the spirit,
            right out of designations and words. They murdered truth and the
            Realists and the nominalists grew out of this intense battle to
            secure the inner core of the foundation of the I AM and preserve it
            for the Michael impulse. Now we can go further into John Amos
            Comenius where our children's education arose and from the same
            incarnation groupings, we can lift Darwin and Bacon.

            http://www.waldorfhomeschoolers.com/comenius.htm

            "John Amos Comenius Called the Father of Modern Education. He is
            also known as Jan Amos Komensky and was born on March 28, 1592 in
            Nivnice, Moravia (which is now in the Czech Republic) and he died on
            November 15, 1670. From the persecution and hardships he suffered in
            his life, he came to develop a philosophy, called pansophism...."

            See how awfully obscure this appears? If you are a student of
            Spiritual Science, than what Steve Hale brought has meaning. And
            sometimes the meaning is obscure and sometimes we check if we agree
            with the interpretation or the slant presented. But that
            withstanding, Steve awakens real insights.

            Now, for the impaired Anthro, GWB just passed through the region of
            Mongolia where Genghis Khan, the first force of fear that generated
            the black plague arose. The film, with Alec Baldwin, called, "The
            Shadow" opens with the scene where what Steiner indicated as Tao and
            TAOTL was carried over from ATlantis to Mongolia. The opening scene
            in "The Shadow" gives an interesting picture, and then the movie
            just resolves itself into doubles and Black Magic Genghis stuff. But
            you really need to see that the facts are these:

            GWB is the Avignon representative puppet for the current Sorathian
            plunge to pull humanity back to plagues, pandemics and nightmare.
            His going through the spiritual atmosphere of Mongolia, IMO, cannot
            bode well if we have to put up with this idiot for three more years.
            But it would require Anthro's and obviously film makers who
            understand how the obscure connects, to see that GWB is the first
            President to go to visit Mongolia, and unconsciously absorb the
            traces of ole Genghis and bring this intense viral sorathain voodoo
            back with him... Perhaps it would be time to check out the opening
            scene of "The Shadow".

            All of the above is how Adult Education brings insights into the
            stubborn and retarded sentient and intellectual soul life so that a
            sense of history and the Consciousness Soul can find its way to the
            I AM and the I AM can find its way to the cosmologies of Beings that
            Steiner has earned the right to offer to humanity. So that the term
            Michael is not some illusion, but places not only the Representative
            of HUmanity in the middle of each human soul, but places Michael
            Intelligence guiding the Representative of HUmanity, between
            Luciferic realities and Ahrimanic realities. For Michael stands
            between and preserves the past images to become limber insights for
            the realities of the Realism of the cosmologies of Spiritual Science
            and the Consciousness Soul.

            That is why, all rumors of wars, are distractors from and educatonal
            nightmares directed on the battlelines of how humanity refuses to
            adjust itself to the new pajamas of the Consciousness Soul.
          • Steve Hale
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 21, 2005
              It seems that Wagner was also rather closely bound to Friedrich
              Nietzsche after a mental collapse made Nietzsche paralytic within
              his physical-etheric body. As well, Schopenauer, who the young
              sixteen year old Nietzsche couldn't get enough of, i.e., his "World
              As Will and Idea", was also closely bound to this tragic figure's so-
              called insanity. They, in fact, were Luciferic ad Ahrimanic
              supports, respectively; Wagner and Schopenauer. Serving to protect
              Fred from the adversarial powers that had a different idea for him
              in 1889, it appears that Wagner was a close associate of Nietzsche's
              former life as a 15th century Franciscan monk who practiced an
              extreme form of ascetism involving self-morification of the physical
              body. And it is this practice from the former life that enabled
              Nietzsche to escape into his astral body for the remaining 11 years
              of his life, with the spirits of Richard and Arthur providing the
              necessary anchoring of the physical and etheric bodies, until death
              finally occurred in 1900.

              So, it is possible to make a further trace of these 15th century
              incarnations of Wagner and Nietzsche, which are never directly named
              by Steiner. Thus, it becomes the challenge and opportunity of
              dialectical research to find these out for oneself, and this was
              Steiner's method of keeping certain riddles for the purpose of
              stimulating the student's own search for more answers. Thus, it can
              be found that Nietzsche's former life in the 15th century was as St.
              Peter of Alcantara, who is known to have assisted St. Terese of
              Avila in forming her Carmelite order of Nuns. And further, that
              Richard Wagner is traceable to this woman as his former incarnation.

              Also, Comenius was formerly the counsellor of Haroun al-Raschid in
              the 8th century life of this caliph of Baghdad. And he lives in the
              infamy of the arabian nights legends as well, as the Thief of
              Baghdad, Jafar. This was the former life of Comenius.

              One further item of note relative to Michael's 9th century decree,
              which is given at the very outset of the Michael Mystery portion of
              the Leading Thoughts, is that this engagement wherein this wall of
              circumlocution was formed as a thought process to go along with the
              Introspection, traceable to Socrates, and the Ratiocination,
              traceable to Aristotle, took place in Kashmir beginning in 869 and
              ending in 1025; a period of 165 years wherein the three historical-
              esoteric streams traceable to the Life, Death, and Resurrection of
              Christ came together in a great trinity of activity for this period
              of time. Then, they separated again in order to return to their
              respective positions in the upward-tending direction that brought
              them again to a trinitarian apex in the year 2000, ref: Modern
              Initiation Science diagram in files section.

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 21, 2005
                R.S.

                "That is Michael's cosmic experience with that which he has to
                govern in the Cosmos. In order to remain with that which he has to
                govern, he enters upon the path that leads from the Cosmos to
                humanity. He has been on this path since the eighth century AD. but
                he really only took up his earthly office, into which his cosmic
                office has been changed, in the last third of the nineteenth
                century."

                R.S.

                ""...The Greeks still possessed fantasy but, as we have seen, after
                fantasy and imagination had taken possession of humanity, as it did
                of the Greeks, it then became necessary for men to develop the
                faculty to see the world of external nature without the illumination
                of a vision standing behind it. We need not imagine that such a
                vision has to be a materialistic one. That point of view is itself
                an ahrimanically perverted perception of sense reality. As indicated
                before, observation of sense reality is one task incumbent upon the
                human soul in our fifth post-Atlantean age.

                "The other task is to unfold free imaginations side by side with the
                clear view of reality — in a way, a kind of repetition of the Egypto-
                Chaldean age. To date, humanity has not progressed too far in this
                task. Free imaginations as sought through spiritual science means
                imaginations not as they were in the third post-Atlantean age, but
                unfettered and undistilled into fantasy. It means imaginations in
                which man moves as freely as he does only in his intellect. That,
                then, is the other task of the fifth post-Atlantean age. The
                unfoldment of these two faculties will lead to a right development
                of the consciousness soul in our present epoch."

                http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA/GA0171/19160917p01.html

                R.S.

                "The Divine-Spiritual of primeval times no longer shines. The
                primeval Light appears again in the Light brought by Christ to the
                human ego. In the life in union with Christ this blissful thought
                may shine like a sun through the whole soul: `The glorious primal
                Divine Light is here again; it shines, although its light comes not
                from Nature.' And man unites himself, while in the present, with the
                spiritual, cosmic forces of Light belonging to that past when he was
                not yet a free individual. And in this Light he can find the paths
                which lead him aright as a human being, when in his soul he unites
                himself, with understanding, with the Michael Mission.

                "Then in the Spirit-warmth man will feel the impulse which so
                carries him over into his cosmic future, that in this future he will
                be able to remain true to the original gifts of Divine Spiritual
                Beings, albeit he has evolved in their worlds to free individuality.
                And in the Spirit-light he will feel the power which leads him with
                open eyes and ever higher and wider consciousness to the world in
                which as a free human being he will find himself again with the Gods
                of his origin."

                Bradford concludes;

                From Anthro Leading thoughts we see that the heroic imaginations,
                the in depth warmth and light of great writers who capture and hold
                onto the courage and strength of all that humanity means, is brought
                into Waldorf Education and these stray, fragmented Myths,
                cosmologies and systems that preempt the awakening of the
                Consciousness Soul in the developing child, call to mind past heroic
                glories, elemental kingdoms, nature as she was, not as she is with
                the current science and sense system orientation.

                This current sense system orientation must be maintained for the
                student who is growing and outgrowing childhood and we as adults
                learn to build percept/concept insights that re awaken, newly awaken
                the link between Cosmic Intelligence that appeared in the Christ
                Being and how humanity is to win each and every detail that raises
                humanity back to one of the greatest science projects of the gods.

                We find ourselves isolated and away from any direct influence of the
                gods, in order to protect our freedom. In order to hatch, as Steve
                Hale has brought, our I AM through Sentient, Intellectual and
                Consciousness Soul casings, like the Russian Matryoshka dolls. And
                how little we understand the depth of what it means to hatch these
                eggs of the Russian Matryoshka dolls from the core of the I AM.

                But in order to unfold the healthy I AM in these sheaths, we are to
                meet and get to know the real Beings of the cosmos for ourselves. We
                are under direct influence of unclassified beings who interfere with
                the unfolding of our childrens and our adult I AM's and these beings
                bring lessons to us of the unfolding of what it means to reawaken
                ourselves, inwardly and cognitively, within the newly arising cosmos
                of Man and within the the arising and awakening sheaths of the human
                I.

                Therefore the Narnia's, the Ring Sagas of Wagner and Lord of the
                Rings, and Harry Potter, as well as Grimms and all the rich
                cosmology and myths of any Waldorf School, coupled with thinking
                that lets, that always, lets humanity and the human live as an
                ordered feature of the great Intellectual Science Project of the
                Gods, gives the I AM core the homing signal, food and nourishment in
                the cognitive grasp of reality, to reintegrate on a wholly new basis
                the great unfolding of the Mission of Humanity as a child of the
                gods. This leads us and our children, if we pay attention to
                Spiritual Science and apply what we win from cognition, to the
                Consciousness Soul development that is the nature of our time.

                This thinking is offered in every riper and maturing reference out
                of the students of Spiritual Science. That Science and the event of
                Christ as the Master of the Atomic table, and how even the Christ is
                a higher model of the highest, and first made Divine Being, that
                visited humanity at a specific time, specific historical point and
                that all of history must be referenced under these new insights
                founded on the Foundation Stone of the Science of being Human is a
                start. And we are required to carry all these lessons and
                experiences forward into wisdom suited both for our children and the
                unfolding of the new human world where cognition is our first line
                of defense.
              • holderlin66
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 23, 2005
                  In the Michael School, we follow a path of thinking that balances
                  between Luciferic Imaginations and Ahrimanic Sciences. In the middle
                  of this balance stands Christ/Michael and Spiritual Science.

                  http://www.kheper.net/ecognosis/Poppelbaum/ANZ.html

                  Steve brought;

                  "Also, Comenius was formerly the counsellor of Haroun al-Raschid in
                  the 8th century life of this caliph of Baghdad. And he lives in the
                  infamy of the arabian nights legends as well, as the Thief of
                  Baghdad, Jafar. This was the former life of Comenius."

                  Bradford brought;

                  "Oh yes the human genome has arrived and Nano technology has arrived,
                  but also the retrograde drift back away from "Intelligent Design"
                  that is in every page of "Occult Science", towards Stephen Hawkings
                  universe without MAN in it, and Darwin's well grounded, Tariq
                  upgrade from his incarnation in 711, evolution theories. And out of
                  this has arisen a sickening distaste for the wonders of
                  how "Intelligent Design" works. It is trendy to say, "Intelligent
                  Design" is for foolhardy fundies. All Ahriman has done is plant a
                  WORD and CONCEPTUAL road block, an automatic negating response, to
                  even bringing up the magnificent ordering of the universe that runs
                  through music, the human skeleton, out into the vast stars and the
                  spinning orbits of the planets, down to the rainbows drawn with
                  children's block crayons.

                  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?
                  xml=/news/2005/11/20/wdarwin20.xml

                  "An exhibition celebrating the life of Charles Darwin has failed to
                  find a corporate sponsor because American companies are anxious not
                  to take sides in the heated debate between scientists and
                  fundamentalist Christians over the theory of evolution.

                  "The failure of American companies to back what until recently would
                  have been considered a mainstream educational exhibition reflects
                  the growing influence of fundamentalist Christians, who are among
                  President George W Bush's most vocal supporters, over all walks of
                  life in the United States.

                  "The outbreak of corporate cold feet has shocked New York's
                  intellectuals. "It is a disgrace that large companies should shy
                  away from such an important scientific exhibition," said a trustee
                  of another prominent museum in the city, who was told of the
                  exhibition's funding problem by a trustee of the AMNH.

                  "Creationism is increasingly widely backed in America. A CBS News
                  poll last month found that 51 per cent of Americans reject the
                  theory of evolution, believing instead that God created humans in
                  their present form. Another poll in August found that 38 per cent of
                  Americans think that creationism should be taught in schools,
                  instead of evolution."

                  Bradford adds;

                  This vast dicussion over what Steve Hale brought as the 9th century
                  decree that went out from the Archangel Michael, to develop
                  Schoolmen versed in centering the power of thought and the I AM, as
                  the POF describes, in the center of the human being who must decide
                  between Nonimalism and Realism or Spin and the Foundations of the
                  Consciousness Soul is cracking down in the world of retrograde once
                  again as the argument of Evolution vs Intelligent Design as staged
                  managed by Ahriman.

                  So what do Anthros think about it? Well I don't need to guess what
                  Steve Hale thinks about it. And I know plenty of great Anthros who
                  see what tables are being turned here. Ahriman's shell game so that
                  as we recover from the disasters of GWB and 9/11 we find that the
                  Darwinian Theory, which is absolutely outdated in terms of
                  biological systems models in the human genome, the double helix of
                  the DNA model...all have thrown this theory into semi dust.

                  We have both STeiner's intense grasp of how the Evolutionary Tree,
                  if you can call it that, spun out the animal kingdom and Man is the
                  last thing to appear. That in order to produce pristine humanity,
                  the very Imagination of the Gods themselves, down to the intricate
                  zodical reality of the skeletal system and how the head in Aries,
                  Chest in Cancer, heart in Leo, hips in Libra...this vast intricate
                  design of the zodiac, solidified in man, was no hap-hazard
                  evolutionary theory because Christ came and claimed the skeleton for
                  the gods.

                  Steiner gives respect for Darwin's development as an observer and a
                  thinker, for god knows Aristotle already went there and categorized
                  everything ahead of Charlie...and Charlie's Angels. As in Charles
                  Darwin. So then we come to the vast system wide Intelligent Design
                  that shouts triumph of Humanity and the Gods, in Steiner's "Occult
                  Science an Outline". It is vast, it is astonishing and it is full of
                  order and Cosmic History of our ancestors which are the gods
                  themselves.

                  So where does Nominalism and Realism fit in, along with the
                  outstanding grasp of Narnia, C.S. Lewis, Rowlings and Harry Potter
                  and Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings, along with Richard Wagner's Ring
                  Saga and Ring cycle and Parsifal? Well if you intend to be true
                  Anthro students you form an idea about Spin and the Spin doctors and
                  the Arabistic western sciences that drank the Kool Aid. You form an
                  inner opinion of looking for the great tidbits of facts that science
                  finds and you frown on how education itself forces these
                  disconnected tidbits into scattered specialized, disconnected fields
                  that no child or college student can get their minds around so that
                  they stumble into the great systems of "Occult Science an Outline".

                  Of course the universe is an ordered Logos field where Man stands at
                  the center. My own Waldorf teaching about Dawin is so much more
                  advanced and interesting than running away from the Animal world. I
                  must once more have you picture before you a chalk board drawing
                  with Eagles soaring above, a dove even higher, and around the center
                  of the picture the male and female human back and shoulder blades.
                  We might have Cow and Lion grazing sitting around as well, but in
                  the picture.... We see the wings of the birds, the shoulder blades
                  of both men and women and we drop down to lizards with spiky spines
                  and close knit little arms and drop further below the sea to Dorsal
                  fins, and tightly bound shoulder blades and little transparent fish
                  fins as undeveloped hands..to the bottom of the picture where the
                  male Sea Horse is the woman that gives birth and the female sea
                  horse in the male.

                  Because intermingled in such a vast chalk drawing are hosts of
                  animals that fall down to four footedness, who have hooves, tails,
                  claws, fingers like a racoon and we follow what the spine does
                  through the animal kingdom and what the shoulder blades do in the
                  animal kingdom and human kingdom and we watch the foreheads...

                  Well Poppelbaum outlined such a wonder in his New Zoology and I have
                  had to draw such things many times...Now all this, makes an enormous
                  impression on a child and we don't talk about six or seven days of
                  creation except when music, color and the rainbow reveal all the
                  deep meanings of sevens and how Newtonian and Goethean science
                  fought over the prism and the rainbow in the prism and the stunning
                  truth of pythagoras.

                  Spiritual Science and the Consciousness Soul education that starts
                  with Waldorf students obliterates abstract evolution and reveals the
                  utter miracle, vision and truth that Steiner was trying to say in
                  the Anthro Leading Thoughts, that Michael preserved this, all this,
                  science of the gods and Intelligence, so that humanity would
                  understand the culmination and Earliest Possible revelation that
                  appeared in actual human history, from the earliets embryonic
                  conditions of pristine humanity....the Christ walked in a human form
                  because the gods had made this human form.

                  Well that is not a nominalistic spin or theory. Evolution is an
                  exercise in thinking, and Fundie Intelligent Design is a bad
                  Ahrimanic attempt to mix the Biblical Fundie system with some
                  Science spin...and the sad, sad, sad thing, is that The Scopes Trial
                  and "Inherit the Wind" deal with all this, but nobody is dealing,
                  save Waldorf and Spiritual Science, with the Consciousness Soul gift
                  to the theory of evolution and Intelligent Design.

                  http://www.firstthings.com/ftissues/ft9702/articles/iannone.html
                • holderlin66
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 24, 2005
                    "Lewis went on to write The Chronicles of Narnia in 1950-56. He died
                    the same day (22 Nov. 1963) as John F. Kennedy and Aldous Huxley."

                    The Inklings

                    http://www.secondspring.co.uk/courses/term13.htm

                    "C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien, who first met in 1926, became the
                    centre, with Owen Barfield, Hugo Dyson and later Charles Williams,
                    of a group that by the 1930s was meeting weekly in the Eagle and
                    Child pub in St Giles (occasionally the Lamb and Flag or the Trout),
                    and in 1933 inherited the name `Inklings' from another reading club
                    in Oxford. The Inklings have been described as Christian Romantics.
                    That is to say, they believed in the power of the imagination to
                    reflect and express truth, in distinction from the intellect or the
                    reason. This they had in common with the great poets of the Romantic
                    movement such as Wordsworth, Yeats and Coleridge. Like most
                    Romantics, they were also lovers of mythology – in their case
                    especially of Northern European mythology. The word that is
                    sometimes used to describe what they were interested in, and what
                    they did, is mythopoiea. They believed in the power and truth of
                    the `mythopoeiec' imagination, the myth-making faculty of the human
                    mind that was able to capture in symbolic narratives the deepest
                    realities of the human condition: often things which could not be
                    expressed in any other way.

                    "Philosophically the inklings were closest to Plato and Platonism –
                    this comes out very strongly in the Narnia stories, for instance.
                    Owen Barfield, who was the first member of the group (he met Lewis
                    in 1919) and died as late as 1998 at the age of 99, was an
                    anthroposophist – a follower of Rudolf Steiner. But Lewis, Tolkien
                    and Williams were Christians: the turning point for Lewis was a long
                    conversation with Tolkien along Addison's Walk next to Magdalen
                    College, when he became convinced that the fact that Christianity
                    was a good story, like the most interesting of all fairy tales,
                    didn't mean that it couldn't also be true. In fact, if it answered
                    the deepest desires of the heart, that made it more likely to be
                    true, not less. He wrote the account of his conversion in Surprised
                    by Joy (1955).

                    "Born in 1898 in Belfast, C. S. Lewis became a Christian in 1931. He
                    was then living with his brother in the Kilns in Headington Quarry,
                    a house which is now a C.S. Lewis Study Centre maintained by the
                    Lewis Foundation (www.cslewis.org). After being asked to do some
                    religious broadcasts by the BBC during the War, he started writing
                    for a non-academic audience, and proved to be very successful at it.
                    His book The Screwtape Letters published in 1942 sold a million
                    copies by 1974. His most famous book of `apologetics' was Mere
                    Christianity (radio essays published in 1952). He set up a
                    charitable trust to aid the poor (the Agape Fund) with 2/3 of the
                    royalties of his books.

                    "Increasingly disenchanted with writing philosophical books about
                    Christianity, Lewis soon turned to the imagination and to fiction.
                    Tolkien and he agreed to write respectively a novel about time
                    travel and a novel about space travel: his became the famous `Space
                    Trilogy' (1936-45), starting with Out of the Silent Planet, and
                    Tolkien's became The Lord of the Rings. Lewis went on to write The
                    Chronicles of Narnia in 1950-56. He died the same day (22 Nov. 1963)
                    as John F. Kennedy and Aldous Huxley.

                    J.R.R. Tolkien

                    "The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings have been read by several
                    hundred million people. In a number of popular polls The Lord of the
                    Rings was voted the best book of the twentieth century – or of any
                    century. It was panned by most of the literary establishment (it
                    didn't fit with their conception of a `modern novel'), but its
                    influence has been immense. It spawned a whole new genre of fantasy
                    literature.

                    "Tolkien (1892-1973) was an Oxford don, a professor of Anglo-Saxon
                    at Merton College. Writing fantasy was only a hobby, which he
                    indulged in his spare time – encouraged by his friend C.S. Lewis and
                    the other `Inklings'. His writing grew partly out of his love of
                    language. He invented several new languages (for Elves, Dwarves and
                    even Orcs) which are studied and even spoken by fans around the
                    world.

                    "All Tolkien's work was informed and permeated by a Catholic
                    sensibility. This is very clear from a fascinating volume of
                    Letters. Although he tried not to put religion into his books, both
                    the moral framework and the invented cosmology are compatible with
                    Catholicism. He was brought up in Birmingham after his parents'
                    death, under the guardianship of a priest of the Oratory. He
                    remained a faithful Catholic all his life, and a daily communicant.
                    When he lived in North Oxford he would attend Saint Aloysius (at
                    that time a Jesuit church, now an Oratory).

                    The conception of the books goes back before the First World War.
                    There were at least four main sources or `moments' of inspiration.

                    1) As a student in Oxford he was inspired by a mysterious verse in a
                    poem by Cynewulf: Hail Earendel, brightest of angels, over Middle
                    Earth sent unto men.

                    2) In a woodland glade in Yorkshire he saw his young wife dancing.
                    Her name was Edith. In the mythology she became the Elvish maiden
                    Luthien Tinuviel, and he became the man Beren, who sees her dancing
                    and for her sake ventures on a great Quest. The names Beren and
                    Luthien are carved on their tombstone in Wolvercote, and the story
                    is one of those that forms the essential background to The Lord of
                    the Rings.

                    3) During the War Tolkien served in the trenches and saw most of his
                    friends die on the Somme. He became aware of the immense evil in the
                    world. He saw the England he loved passing away. He wanted to create
                    a `mythology for England' that would somehow express the things that
                    he felt and saw, and the great moral dangers of the twentieth
                    century.

                    4) Finally, one day, years later as he was marking some student
                    papers, the phrase popped into his mind from nowhere: `In a hole in
                    the ground there lived a Hobbit.'

                    In the context of Christianity and Society, it is important to
                    mention four main themes:

                    Heroism-Virtue

                    Ecology-Stewardship

                    Social Order (diversity in harmony)

                    Power and Corruption

                    (Others would include death and immortality, nostalgia for paradise,
                    creation and creativity, light and darkness.)

                    Heroism-Virtue

                    "The Lord of the Rings has several heroes. Frodo is
                    the `Ringbearer', whose Quest is to return the Ring of Power to the
                    fires of Mount Doom where it was forged. But although it requires
                    great courage, this Quest is not to be achieved in the conventional
                    way of the great heroic sagas: by force of arms. It can be achieved
                    only by self-sacrifice, by avoiding detection, by resisting
                    temptation. Aragorn is a more conventional hero – the hidden King
                    who wins back his kingdom partly by force of arms – but he plays a
                    supporting role in the Quest, largely by protecting Frodo and by
                    distracting the Dark Lord. Aragorn demonstrates the full range of
                    virtues: courage, strength, wisdom, patience, a willingness to
                    sacrifice himself for his friends, the power of healing, and so on.
                    At his side is the Merlin-figure Gandalf, sent from across the Sea
                    and back from death to coordinate the war against Sauron. Like
                    Aragorn, Gandalf's true nature only becomes revealed slowly as the
                    story unfolds.

                    "Then there is Sam Gamgee, Frodo's servant. In some ways he is the
                    greatest hero of them all. It is he who carries Frodo to the
                    fulfilment of the Quest, he who returns to the Shire and heals its
                    wounds, he who becomes Mayor and the founder of a great dynasty of
                    Hobbits. If it seems strange to call Sam the hero of The Lord of the
                    Rings, remember that Tolkien saw the novel as concerned with
                    the `ennoblement of the humble', in the spirit of the Beatitudes and
                    of Mary's Magnificat. Humility is the great virtue that shines out
                    in all the main characters. The novel is about Englishness, which is
                    represented by the Hobbits. Part of its originality is the way it
                    takes very ordinary, everyday folk of rural England, projects them
                    into an epic setting, and then brings them back in such a way that
                    they can apply the virtues that they have learned to the `Scouring
                    of the Shire' and the restoration of their own society and culture.

                    Ecology-Stewardship

                    "The descriptions of nature in The Lord of the Rings are one of its
                    most attractive features. Tolkien loved trees, and evokes a
                    sensitivity to them as living creatures throughout the story in many
                    ways. The book became a Bible for the Hippy movement and the Greens.
                    Part of the evil against which the heroes strive is the pollution
                    and destruction of the natural environment. This is seen in Mordor,
                    at Orthanc and eventually in the Shire itself under Saruman's
                    influence. The Great and the Wise are always described
                    as `Stewards': Galadriel is the preserver of the natural beauty of
                    Lothlorien against the ravages of time and decay, Elrond does the
                    same for Rivendell, Gandalf describes himself to Denethor as
                    a `steward' of Middle Earth. Denethor is an example of stewardship
                    gone bad, as is Saruman – both of whom thereby forfeit their
                    authority.

                    "Patrick Curry has written a whole book about this theme (Defending
                    Middle Earth: Tolkien, Myth and Modernity: Floris, 1997). A non-
                    Christian, he claims that `Tolkien's work urges a new ethic of human
                    conviviality, respect for life, and ultimate humility. That ethic is
                    to be based on the experience of life on Earth – and therefore the
                    lineaments of life – good earth, clean water, fresh air and the
                    like – as sacred. Finally, for that resacralization to succeed it
                    must be deeply rooted in culture, through being celebrated and
                    communicated in local and traditional ways. The result is not simply
                    a negative critique of "positivist, mechanist, urbanized, and
                    rationalist culture" but a positive vision of what one reader well
                    described as "sanity and sanctity' (p. 154). Curry admits that
                    Tolkien's `new ethic' and respect for nature as blessed by and
                    filled with the divine presence is a Christian vision, but he claims
                    that because faith is not explicit in the novel it offers a vision
                    for everyone, post-moderns included. `Tolkien's Middle-earth gleams
                    with the light of an ancient hope: peace between peoples, and with
                    nature, and before the unknown' (p. 165).

                    Social Order

                    "The range of social systems described in The Lord of the Rings is
                    quite diverse. Monarchy, of course, in the restored Kingdom of
                    Aragorn. But how would one describe the Shire? The government, to
                    the extent there is one, is extremely minimal. And the regimented,
                    militaristic state run by Sauron is clearly an image of
                    dictatorship, equally applicable to Fascism and Communism. The ideal
                    Kingdom which results from the destruction of the Dark Lord is one
                    that values and tolerates – even encourages – diversity. It operates
                    by subsidiarity: everything that can be done locally is devolved to
                    local authorities, which operate according to their own cultural
                    traditions. The monarchy in Minas Tirith operates not like a central
                    government, but as a final guarantor of freedom and justice for all.

                    "What about the allegation that Tolkien supports the class system?
                    He certainly portrays such a system, as he must have known it in
                    England growing up: Sam is of a lower social class than Frodo, for
                    example. The Hobbits as a whole are of a much less `noble' lineage
                    than the Men of Numenor. But it is clear that in Tolkien this is
                    just part of the value he gives to diversity. Not everyone is the
                    same, or has the same aspirations. But the respect with which each
                    person is treated is exactly equal, no matter what their race or
                    social milieu.

                    "There is another accusation that is sometimes made: that Tolkien
                    writes for men, and that women hardly get a look in. That isn't
                    quite fair, as a number of feminist writers have pointed out. While
                    Tolkien is an `essentialist' about gender – that is, he believes
                    there are natural differences between masculine and feminine – he is
                    also very clear that one gender is not `superior' to the other, and
                    that they function best when they function as complementaries. There
                    are in fact a number of key female characters that exemplify
                    Tolkien's attitude to women: Galadriel, above all (the real power in
                    Lothlorien), but also the woman warrior Eowyn, Arwen Evenstar, and
                    eventually Rosie Cotton.

                    Power and Corruption

                    "All three themes come together in the fact that the Ring represents
                    power, and the temptation of pride to abuse that power. It was the
                    Englishman Lord Acton who said that all power corrupts, and absolute
                    power corrupts absolutely. Tolkien's writing was forged in response
                    to the great temptation of the twentieth century: the temptation
                    posed by technological and military power. One way or another the
                    nations were tested and they fell: the Nazis, the Italian Fascists,
                    the Japanese. Even the Allies resorted to using the weapons of the
                    Enemy: bombing innocent people in huge numbers in Dresden,
                    Hiroshima, Nagasaki. But in The Lord of the Rings, the Wise refuse
                    to employ the Ring even to defeat the Enemy who forged it.

                    "By renouncing the use of an evil means to achieve a good end the
                    Wise acknowledge that earthly power is always a form of stewardship,
                    on behalf of the greater Power that rules all: the Creator whom
                    Tolkien's Elves call Iluvatar. They accept that true heroism lies
                    not in victory at any cost, but in the moral victory over the
                    darkness in one's own soul. Thus the earthly victory that they do in
                    fact secure may not be lasting, but it is more profound than any
                    merely external conquest of the enemy would ever have been."
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 24, 2005
                      Okay Holderlin66 are you speaking of your own inner
                      battle with darkness? Is this what you are fighting
                      when you scorch the earth on Bush over and over? Are
                      you trying to deflect your own inner darkness and
                      George Bush is the one who shows it to you? Otherwise
                      you are just deflecting is what I feel. But if you are
                      speaking of your own inner darkness and the battle of
                      it through the travels of George Bush then I shall
                      leave you to your battles.

                      === message truncated ===

                      __________________________________
                      Yahoo! Music Unlimited
                      http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
                    • holderlin66
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 24, 2005
                        "Lewis' Narnia books have an astrological skeleton and his Ransom
                        Trilogy is steeped in alchemical references and traditional
                        cosmology. As I have shown in Looking for God in Harry Potter,
                        Rowling's alchemical formula and story telling is straight from the
                        tradition of Christian English letters from Chaucer and Shakespeare
                        to Joyce and Yeats – and to Lewis and Tolkien."

                        Bradford comments;

                        The direct connection that comes from Anthro Leading Thoughts
                        studies, throws the door open to why our children have been so
                        collectively attracted to these vast, intricate cosmological stories
                        that were based in the little Michael circle of "The Inklings". Of
                        course Anthros must constantly refresh the reference to Steiner's
                        Anthro Leading thoughts and this particular angle, where Michael
                        brings past Imaginations of the Gods, to the Christ Event, requires
                        the adult to do the work of making the bridge, standing between the
                        Luciferic and Ahrimanic world views so their children will feel this
                        as part of magnificent uplifiting cognitive intelligence.

                        Now this is not an abstract theory of how Michael and Steiner opened
                        the gates of the Spiritual World. The Ahrimanic view of the world
                        that Stephen Hawkings and education hammers into our children is not
                        a correct view of the world nor is the vast Luciferic visions of
                        Lewis, Rowlings, Tolkien correct.

                        In Waldorf Education all the prized visions of the world that have
                        shaped the foundations of various peoples are brought to the light.
                        In these immense pictures and cosmologies of Greeks, India,
                        Zarathustrian or Persian, Native American, Norse...Waldorf students
                        get the cream of insights that set the soil for the potential of
                        entering the wisdom of the Etheric Christ and the cohesion of the
                        Intellect that Michael preserves for humanity.

                        Adults, well adults flunk, get and F, and basically fail. Because
                        after Waldorf and adults who don't even choose Waldorf Education,
                        but let their children absorbe Lewis, Rowlings and Tolkien, then
                        they hand them over to Ahriman. It is adults that just don't lift or
                        approach, nor have grasped that the Real Science of Being Human that
                        lives in Spiritual Science. It is the balance between Luciferic and
                        Ahrimanic pictures of the world where Michael lives and in this
                        Resurrection of Intelligence humanity enters the Consciousness Soul
                        region where the Etheric Christ lives.

                        So it remains clearly ascertainable that adults flunk in their
                        efforts to understand, even such an issue of how Michael is related
                        to all that the INKLINGS offered in recent history to maintaining
                        the bridge to the higher worlds where their own children have come
                        from. Adults haven't felt that the incarnation of their children
                        from the spiritual world is a real factor, because reality is the
                        Science of the Spirit that Steiner cracked open Germany with. And
                        historically when Steiner cracked open Germany the maggots of the
                        sentient and intellectual soul crawled out of the carcass. The air
                        hit it and the ugliness of the decay began.

                        Now America is in the cross hairs of seeing how the beliefs and
                        carcass of America is filled with sentient soul and intellectual
                        soul maggots and rot and it certainly does not need to go the way of
                        Germany that denied the light of the Consciousness Soul that both
                        Goethe and Steiner brought.

                        And to think that in this realm, Michael is holding the balance
                        between comsic and human intelligence, gives us a vivid, REAL TIME,
                        right now experience of how our children bring the craving of
                        Michael with them into incarnation and rush to any open window that
                        somehow gives their souls a chance to breath the reflection of the
                        past light, their remembered spiritual light, before diving into the
                        icy freeze of Ahriman's WITHOUT HUMANS universe that is actual
                        educational torture.

                        But adults sort of and in the majority have never heard of Anthro
                        Leading thoughts. Nor have Anthros made the effort to bring to adult
                        education the leverage to see that what a Waldorf Parent is seeing
                        their children crave for, is just what the adult can crave for as
                        well. That is, if they understood that it is indeed this craving for
                        the Light against the shattering, scissoring, ripping of the
                        etheric/astral cohesion that even penetrates right down to mercury
                        laced vaccines that ripped the nerve sense system and shattered and
                        tore the cohesion of their own children's soul life to shreds.
                        Steiner knew with his Waldorf Education that all this that is
                        happening is that serious. For if the child and our children enter
                        the world of humanity and karma with such sentient soul distortions
                        and intellectual soul lies in them, sociopaths and liars would fill
                        the offices and cubicles of the world and drink the damned Kool Aid
                        and give the disease to their own children.

                        Therefore it is a potent requirement to have adults reach out for
                        the solid Cosmological and in depth Intelligent Design insights that
                        Steiner and Steiner students and Waldorf teachers have brought
                        everywhere. Otherwise not only will their children never see the
                        shining realm of humanities Consciousness Soul before them but the
                        world will be pressed further into ignorance and darkness because
                        the parents lacked clarity and courage to offer their children bread
                        instead of stones.

[...]

                        From Anthro Leading thoughts we see that the heroic imaginations,
                        the in depth warmth and light of great writers who capture and hold
                        onto the courage and strength of all that humanity means, is brought
                        into Waldorf Education and these stray, fragmented Myths,
                        cosmologies and systems that preempt the awakening of the
                        Consciousness Soul in the developing child, call to mind past heroic
                        glories, elemental kingdoms, nature as she was, not as she is with
                        the current science and sense system orientation.

                        This current sense system orientation must be maintained for the
                        student who is growing and outgrowing childhood and we as adults
                        learn to build percept/concept insights that re awaken, newly awaken
                        the link between Cosmic Intelligence that appeared in the Christ
                        Being and how humanity is to win each and every detail that raises
                        humanity back to one of the greatest science projects of the gods.

                        http://www.hogwartsprofessor.com/home.php?page=docs/interviews

                        "First, there is Mrs. Rowling's bizarre situation. She is 39 years
                        old, a mommy to three young children, and, though she denies being a
                        billionaire, is clearly one of the world's richest women and almost
                        certainly the world's wealthiest artist or writer. Her success has
                        been her ability to write six wonderful books and sustain
                        fascination with her "back story" through each year's adventures and
                        from book to book. The publication of the sixth book in her seven
                        book series presents something of a crisis in this situation.

                        She has remarried and had two children since the series began to be
                        published – and, to her credit, she has made her family her priority
                        despite her celebrity...

                        "...What she said was sufficient to reveal her alchemical compass in
                        planning the books and, in this, her kinship with Inkling authors
                        steeped in Medieval cosmology. Lewis' Narnia books have an
                        astrological skeleton and his Ransom Trilogy is steeped in
                        alchemical references and traditional cosmology. As I have shown in
                        Looking for God in Harry Potter, Rowling's alchemical formula and
                        story telling is straight from the tradition of Christian English
                        letters from Chaucer and Shakespeare to Joyce and Yeats – and to
                        Lewis and Tolkien."

                        "...Rowling's unique situation as a serial writer near story's end
                        provides the motivation for this approach but I think it is only
                        believable if she has taken other steps to point away from where the
                        story is headed. I believe we can see this in her abrupt turn from
                        C. S. Lewis in these interviews.

                        In previous interviews Rowling has almost always listed Lewis as one
                        of the authors she admires, has called him a "genius," and has
                        mentioned the Chronicles of Narnia books as some of her
                        favorites ... Not any more. We learned this July that she hasn't
                        read all of the Narnia books, if the "serious problem" she has with
                        the series comes from a revelation in the book she says she has not
                        read (curiously, the seventh book in that seven book series). Lev
                        Grossman makes this revelation the feature point of his article on
                        Rowling, in which he paints a portrait of a secular writer who has
                        transcended the stuffy and traditional restrictions of Christian
                        fantasy writers like Lewis.

                        We can read this, as does Lewis authority Robert Trexler, as
                        indicative of Grossman's tastes and reading of Lewis (or lack of
                        same). Could it also be Rowling's intention to point away from a
                        Narnia-Hogwarts link? There are several reasons to give this idea a
                        closer look.

                        Rowling has said in the past that she does not discuss her faith for
                        a reason. In a year 2000 interview with The Vancouver Sun (Canada)
                        she said she is a Christian who believes in God but refrains from
                        discussing the details of her faith because, if she did, her
                        readers, "age six to sixty," would know how the stories ended. This
                        did not make much of a stir at the time because few people besides
                        myself and other literature wonks and Classicists were pointing to
                        the evident Christian load these books carry. The controversy of
                        that time was whether children and adults should read the books
                        because they were invitations to occult practice and anything but
                        edifying reading for Christians."
                      • holderlin66
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 5, 2005
                          "Hey, this is an indigenous culture that is in need of preservation
                          in the name of diversity. As far as what Tom did or is alleged to
                          have done, all I can say is, to paraphrase Claude Raines in
                          Casablanca "I am shocked, shocked, to learn that things like this go
                          on."

                          http://www.lewrockwell.com/cummings/cummings53.html

                          Val brought;

                          "But for instance, let's take the particular example of the anthros
                          born in the U.S. ranking high on the wuss meter-do we for a
                          moment, have we ever entertained the idea of our proprieter
                          Humphrey of Rick's place being a wuss? Well, he was hiding out
                          in a white house where the music was always playing and the
                          wine was always flowing...does this cowardly stance make him
                          a wuss? Or is it true that America, that Americans will always do
                          the right thing after we've exhausted all the other possibilities?"

                          R.S.

                          http://makeashorterlink.com/?N24B1203C

                          "Michael is already at this time active for humanity from the
                          spiritual world. He is preparing his later work from out of the
                          supersensible. He is giving humanity impulses which preserve the
                          former relation to the Divine-Spiritual world, without this
                          preservation adopting a Luciferic character.

                          "Thus Michael stands in his activity between the Luciferic World-
                          picture, and the Ahrimanic World-intellect."

                          Bradford comments;

                          Following what was brought above, we will look at an example of a
                          brief satire in the same line of reasoning as Lewis' "The ScrewTape
                          Letters"...of course this is only one little way of presenting a
                          satire. The satire is what human beings suspect is going on but
                          don't have the literary courage or Consciousness Soul forces to
                          overcome their dry intellectual soul deceptions. What for instance
                          would Dick Cheney say if he could disregard his human aspect, and
                          speak directly, as ScrewTape did, from his Ahrimanic/Luciferic
                          egregore?

                          The Egregore is one of many little untamed beasties in our psyches.
                          Beasties that are unclassified invisible aliens in our human
                          environment. Lewis took on the description of an Egregorical being
                          with tongue and cheek, and biting satire. But the truth is a little
                          more potent than the game.

                          Who takes on real Luciferic and Egregorical beings? Tolstoi took it
                          on with a whole wonderful piece, on how the beasties thought they
                          had lost the Earth due to the Christ Event but suddenly discover
                          that they could manifest their take over of humans through the back
                          doors of the newly created human religion. Tolstoi, Tolkien,
                          Shakespeare, Goethe, STeiner, Lewis, Rowling's, Grimm, McDonald,
                          Novalis, Charles Williams and hosts of film makers, including the
                          illustrious Ahrimanic Egregorical being raised to Ahrimanic fallen
                          Angel status as, Mr. Smith, in the "Matrix" series, and the same
                          actor plays the chief Elve in "Lord of the Rings" saga.

                          Michael Imaginations such as Frank Capra's work, "Mr. Smith goes to
                          Washington" and "It's A Wonderful Life" reveal non-Luciferic
                          pictures that call forth a noble ethic out from under the corruption
                          of humanity. It was Steve Hale who twisted STeiner's contributions
                          into some sort manipulated Luciferic presentation in his Spiritual
                          Science. But Steiner just wasn't built that way. Steiner was built
                          to present Science tainted Art. That is because the Fact based
                          Aristotle really wasn't very Luciferic, like Goethe. Yet he was
                          concrete Mystery School and Zarathustrian School human based and
                          grounded. Steiner as a Luciferic agent, doesn't add up, although in
                          any expression we can muster, we use picture, thought, word,
                          meaning, realism over nominalism to point towards Spiritual reality
                          trespasses on Luciferic ground to translate it into human thought.

                          People like Rove, GWB, Rumsfeld, Hoover, Hitler, Johnson, Wilson,
                          and Cheney must swim in egregorical lies because they are truly
                          ashamed of the fact that they have betrayed their humanity. These
                          are also being give cudos and goodies out of the Ahrimanic and
                          Luciferic santa bag. We all have such tendencies toward distortion
                          and egregorical beasties so we are called upon to wake up to the
                          School, or university of Spiritual Science and learn to discern the
                          degree and potency of human clarity against outright deceptions.

                          That is why there is such a current of truth in the world that
                          stands against Crimes Against Humanity. Operating strongly Luciferic
                          and Ahrimanic forces in the soul life create an '8'... and this '8'
                          is an infinity symbol, but in the triadic structure of the human
                          Consciousness Soul and I AM, There should be a three ring knot not
                          just a two ring, '8'. Extreme psychological behavior that has cold
                          cunning on one hand distorted Luciferic bitchiness on the other,
                          spin and play into one another and distort the true forms where the
                          I AM exists. It certainly doesn't mean that the human I does not
                          become familiar with the terrain where human psychology trespasses.

                          http://www.soulinvitation.com/braidingDNA/image57.gif

                          However what follows is a ScrewTape Egregorical satire of what
                          humans see underneath the surface, say in a Cheney, but human
                          psychology and failed education prevents the voice of the Egregore
                          from coming out, coming up to the surface, and speaking openly about
                          what it intends to use this stupid human vehicle for.

                          If the egregorical alien being, the unclassified alien being did
                          come out honestly and if we did indeed learn to study clearly the
                          symptomology of Luciferic and Ahrimanic unclassified, intruder
                          beings in the human psyche, we would be able to present the center
                          or triadic human being as a divine defender of true humanity.....
                          Instead humans disguise their intent and true motives in
                          lies...Because humans can't bear the fact that they know that they
                          are infected and invaded by unclassified alien beings that are using
                          them to murder, torture and destroy other humans. Their own mirror
                          of self wishes the whole world to become distorted instead of
                          correcting, like correcting the Hubble telescope lens to actually
                          see the stars clearly instead of using an expensive distoted lens.
                          For the very distortions of the lens of Intelligence and Lies are at
                          the basis of not only egregorical activity, but form the frontal
                          assault on our own murder of humanity, and our children.

                          "The following is an advance copy of Vice President Dick Cheney's
                          remarks on behalf of Tom DeLay at the legal defense fund dinner to
                          pay for DeLay's legal expenses.

                          http://www.lewrockwell.com/cummings/cummings53.html

                          "My fellow sleazebags. As I look down at this audience of fat cats
                          who suck the blood of the state as if it were their own, I am filled
                          with a sense of gratification that I am not alone in standing up for
                          America's biggest phony, and that includes the president and myself.
                          That all of you have forked up a grand a piece so a pack of
                          Washington sharks can make a bundle off of Tom's legal troubles
                          proves to me that the system is in tact, notwithstanding the
                          cowardly criticisms coming from the anarcho-radicals of the left
                          wing of the Democratic Party.

                          I was, like many of you, proud of Tom when he proclaimed "I AM the
                          federal government." Not since Louis XIV has a public figure so
                          accurately portrayed his role. Indeed, I have it on good information
                          that, like Tom here, at least a hundred congressmen and senators are
                          all under scrutiny by the Justice Department for the kind of
                          patriotic rip-offs that Tom stands for, like fleecing Indian tribes
                          so Jack Abramoff and Ralph Reed can become billionaires. Is Tom a
                          role model or what?

                          Take it from me as one who has looted a gigantic corporation,
                          Halliburton, and bringing it to the verge of bankruptcy by buying a
                          company facing vast liability for asbestos negligence and then
                          bailing it out with billions on no bid contracts for a war in Iraq I
                          launched as vice president, that it takes guts to outdo me. But Tom
                          did it. And he did it with style. Once known as "Hot tub Tom" for
                          his old frat party ways, he got religion, just like our great
                          president did after his booze episodes.

                          So why is Tom in hot water today? And why are his aides getting
                          indicted? So he laundered a few bucks to make illegal campaign
                          contributions in Texas. That's like bringing coal to Newcastle, if
                          you get my drift. Is there such a thing as a clean campaign in
                          Texas? Do the Democrats, who got Tom indicted, ever mention how
                          Landslide Lyndon got elected to the Senate? A buck here, a buck
                          there, and it ads up. Hey, this is an indigenous culture that is in
                          need of preservation in the name of diversity. As far as what Tom
                          did or is alleged to have done, all I can say is, to paraphrase
                          Claude Raines in Casablanca "I am shocked, shocked, to learn that
                          things like this go on."

                          What we have to day is a serious threat to an entire way of life in
                          Washington, just like the threat to the way of life of those same
                          American Indians Jack Abramoff has worked so hard to help. If Tom
                          DeLay goes to jail, who might be next? Before you know it, they
                          could have the entire federal government in the can, and where would
                          the country be then? I'll tell you where it would be. It would be
                          hopeless and helpless without the culture of corruption based on
                          man's basic need for deceit and hypocrisy. Where would the writers
                          be? The playwrights and moviemakers like George Clooney and Michael
                          Moore? Without us, they would be on the breadline. Think of the
                          thousands of people who would be thrown out of work. The
                          investigative journalists would have to get honest jobs, like truck
                          driver or dog walker. The prosecutors would be forced to become
                          bartenders or go back to Ireland. Without us, the economy would not
                          be pumped up with federal spending on military contracts that were
                          awarded as the result of bribery. Don't let anyone lie to you. We
                          NEED this war in Iraq and Tom is one of the upfront guys that
                          brought it to you.

                          And that is why this pack of ingrates is looking to bring him down.
                          There isn't one ounce of gratitude in any of them. You would think
                          they would be kissing Tom's designer Italian shoes the way they have
                          all benefited from his patriotic pilfering of the public purse. And
                          if you think the great Spiro Agnew inspired those alliterations, you
                          are right. Those same types drove that great statesman from office
                          just because he took a few groceries from friends while he was
                          governor of Maryland, the only state to rival Texas as the nation's
                          capital of sleaze. But does anyone even remember Agnew today, forced
                          out as vice president before the impeachment of "I'm Not a Crook"
                          Richard Nixon?

                          I know what you are thinking now. That this is a familiar scenario
                          and that the same thing is going to happen all over again. Thirty
                          years ago, a brave president presiding over an unwinnable war who
                          launched a policy of Vietnamization and supported a tyrant in
                          Ethiopia is impeached after the lynching of his vice president, with
                          his two top aides, Halderman and Erlichman indicted and sent to the
                          hoosegow. Then, his Ethiopian puppet got overthrown. And now, there
                          is me, and Liddy and Rove and Iraqization and the new tyrants in
                          Ethiopia we back for reasons of national security. And let me tell
                          you, if Tom goes to the can, can George W. Bush be far behind? When
                          those commie sharks smell blood, its doomsday for America. They will
                          even pull the plug on those essential new Ethiopian tyrants we fund
                          to fight war on terrorism on the Horn of Africa.

                          If you think this is history repeating itself, you are right. Which
                          is why I am here tonight to tell you that writing big checks for Tom
                          to pay his lawyers is in all of our interests. Louis XIV did not
                          only say "L'etat est moi ("I am the state"). He also said, "Apres
                          moi le deluge." Which means, "After me, the flood," O.K., so in our
                          case, the flood has already happened. The entire French
                          Establishment, king and all, ended up getting their heads lopped
                          off, and we wouldn't want that to happen to us, would we?

                          My friends, I say to you tonight, when they complain that the war in
                          bankrupting the country "Let them eat cake." And as I look down on
                          my plate, I see that we have cake for dessert. So dig in.

                          Thank you."
                        • holderlin66
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 21, 2005
                            "Every once in a while, a new film comes out that explores themes of
                            good and evil, of sin and virtue, of eternal conflict and universal
                            values. And then someone will inevitably distort the message in
                            promotion of his favored project of licentious criminality.

                            I expect that warmongers, especially on the religious right, will
                            feel tempted to see The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe as some
                            sort of vindication of the U.S. war on terror. Many leftist critics
                            of the religious right and the war will similarly see a connection.
                            There is a connection, but it's not what they might think.

                            The Lyin'

                            In the film as well as C.S. Lewis's novel, the lion Aslan is the
                            Christ figure, the symbol of pure goodness. He forgives Edmund after
                            the young boy betrays his siblings, and then Aslan sacrifices
                            himself to save the boy. The lion is the one that leads the
                            protagonists to victory against pure evil.

                            I suppose that some see in him the likeness of the president of the
                            United States. But the similarities are none. Our president is not a
                            lion, but he is surely always lyin'. Would Aslan have misled his
                            people to take them to war and then kept them in a state of war
                            until some vague "victory" was achieved?

                            The president does not seem to have a penchant for forgiveness,
                            although he appears to expect an endless supply of ours. He is
                            always talking about sacrifice, but this war is his lifeblood; it is
                            difficult to conceive of a single thing the president has himself
                            sacrificed for his war.

                            The Bush

                            Indeed, George W. Bush is a lot more like the white witch than the
                            lion. Now, clearly there are some differences here, too. The witch
                            is a sexy and seductive woman with magical powers. She can also
                            speak in complete sentences.

                            But there are some similarities. In defiance of traditional
                            symbolism, the witch is cast in white, not black, so as to
                            demonstrate the illusive and deceptive nature of evil. It is not
                            always as it appears. Sometimes the evil witch presents herself as
                            generous. Sometimes a conservative presents himself as
                            compassionate. The contradictions emanate from the contradictory,
                            irrational nature of evil itself.

                            The witch's magic is an illusion. She can make hot cocoa or Turkish
                            Delight out of a dash of magic potion and a handful of snow, but it
                            will soon evaporate like the promises of a politician. Politics,
                            too, is an illusion. It cannot create good. It can only shift
                            resources around. It can only force people to do or not do something
                            contrary to their will. It can only destroy.

                            President Bush offers a seductive promise to many millions of
                            Americans. He promises stability and security, as well as a mess of
                            pottage. We have seen over the last five years the already flawed
                            conservative movement sell the last of its soul and betray its most
                            important declared principles – and for what? For sweeties.

                            The War Crime

                            The creatures of Narnia fighting off the evil forces of the witch
                            are involved in that rarest of enterprises: the just war. According
                            to Christian just war theory – or, for that matter, libertarian just
                            war theory – the conflict is just on the side of the woodland
                            animals, the good mythical creatures and the four human children.
                            They have just cause with a just objective: the totally defensive
                            resistance to the witch's tyranny. Their resorting to war is
                            proportional to the threat: if they submit to the witch, she will
                            enslave them all and turn many to stone. With the determined
                            leadership of Aslan and Peter on their side, they have attainable
                            objectives. They give plenty of fair warning: in fact, they are
                            standing there peacefully when the witch's forces invade; there is
                            no surprise about it. They go to war only as a last resort, to save
                            Narnia from the impending totalitarian rule of the witch. And last
                            but certainly not least, they pick just targets. They do not attack
                            anyone but the aggressors. They have no use for the ugly concept
                            of "collateral damage."

                            Furthermore, the good guys in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
                            are fighting there purely by choice. Everyone appears to have the
                            right to leave. There is no draft or stop-loss order. Under Aslan's
                            leadership and care, people's rights are inalienable. They also do
                            not tax anyone else for their war. Very, very few wars in the real
                            world approach this level of justness. Very, very few wars in the
                            real world are just.

                            As Laurence Vance has made exceedingly clear, the U.S. war in Iraq
                            fails the just war test. The U.S. war in Iraq is an aggressive war.
                            The U.S. is the aggressor nation. Aggressive war is a war crime. War
                            itself is a war crime, unless when conducted purely defensively
                            against an invasive or oppressive power and with total deference to
                            the rights of civilians and neutrals. Even a just war is not
                            glorious; it is an enormity. C.S. Lewis's war is not portrayed as a
                            glorious way to stomp around the world spreading freedom, but as a
                            calamitous event even when undertaken in defense of life and
                            liberty.

                            If we want to see parallels in the story with modern times, we see
                            at the end an aggressive war waged by the witch in Narnia and at the
                            beginning an aggressive war waged by the Nazis in England. The witch
                            at least only fights combatants. The Nazis dropped bombs on
                            civilians. Bush's war isn't as intentionally murderous as the
                            strategic bombing conducted by both sides in World War II, but it
                            appears even less concerned with killing only combatants than does
                            the witch's war! However, the witch doesn't take war prisoners,
                            whereas the U.S. government is more than happy to take war
                            prisoners – lots of them, even ones who might have nothing to do
                            with the war.

                            Warmongering and the Silver Screen

                            When the religious right saw movies like The Passion of the Christ
                            or even The March of the Penguins and concluded that, in general
                            terms, modern society had lost its way and it was now time to return
                            to the basics of Christian morality, there was little to argue
                            about. More precisely, there was little to argue over. In suggesting
                            a return to traditional morality in general terms, no one was
                            suggesting a reliance on violence to bring it about. No one seemed
                            inspired by The March of the Penguins to put a gun in a heathen's
                            belly and force him to reject gay marriage.

                            Movies with grand conflicts between good and evil on the
                            battlefield, on the other hand, stir up Manichean passions for war
                            in the real world, and are invoked to justify militarism and
                            imperialism. Soon after the first Lord of the Rings movie came out,
                            I recall Bush saying something about how the hobbits fighting
                            against evil reminded him of U.S. forces fighting for freedom in the
                            Middle East. We can only expect many of his partisans to watch
                            Narnia and see more evidence of the righteousness of waging war such
                            as the United States is doing.

                            C.S. Lewis's main political value, as I understand it, was
                            apolitical: it was the natural law. That politicians exploit such
                            principles for their own gain and aggressive policies demonstrates
                            the importance of these principles and how they resonate with
                            people. There is undoubtedly reason for hope when people feel that
                            invoking the lion is the best way to conceal and enable the witch.

                            We must not let the witch get away with it, however. Good, freedom,
                            natural law, truth and peace – these concepts are the ones most
                            mentioned by those people who are the first to defy them in action.
                            The important question is whether you adopt and recognize them in
                            deed. By looking closely, we see that the war we read about in the
                            papers every day is not the work of the lion. It is the work of the
                            witch."

                            http://www.lewrockwell.com/gregory/gregory102.html

                            Bradford had brought;

[...]

                            but let their children absorb Lewis, Rowlings and Tolkien, then

                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 18, 2006
                              "I am only interested in discovering the kinds of realistic social
                              arrangements that can overcome the destructiveness of our
                              institutionalized conditioning, and foster the free, peaceful, and
                              cooperative qualities that provide what the late Joseph Campbell
                              termed the "invisible means of support" to life."

                              Bradford comments;

                              But the Michael School has a stunning array of interests. One of
                              those interests are 'invisible means of support'. And the shadow;
                              And how we arrived at the frontier of the Etheric Christ event, once
                              the Initiate Steiner was given the sacred option of opening the
                              research file marked, "Physical and spiritual preparations for the
                              incarnation of Zarathustra/Jesus and the Christ event of Golgotha".
                              This Initiate to Initiate library sharing of the accounts had never
                              been brought to the fore in recorded human history. It was never
                              made public until Steiner's deed. Since the Golgotha event was
                              safely past, the next event was building the new Etheric
                              configurations for a whole new magnificent model for humanity. This
                              new model would include a whole new form of thinking, festivals and
                              education where the science of being a human is no longer just
                              haphazard guess work. Haphazard thinking that we enjoy so readily.
                              The New Etheric Christ and the Michael Intelligence has Language and
                              Race forming powers built into it.

                              Spiritual Science and the Michael School has Sevens and Twelves to
                              explore and atomic tables and most importantly, a sorting out of
                              humanities moody inner being. And that is what the general
                              subjective vibrancy always craves. Subjective interest is wonderful
                              as long as we are talking about the moody world of vague Memories,
                              dreams, reflections and our own addictive shadows. Yawns start when
                              Spiritual Science is introduced vague nonsense is filtered. OOOO
                              then we can drift away from the messy, messy world of unimportant
                              global fascism rising up in its latest garb to take down future
                              generations of our children... Call it all, wide ranging interest in
                              the welfare of humanity!! All of us who enjoy picking and choosing,
                              along with party finger food delights can always feel free to gnaw
                              on the left over bones which we can make a soup out of.

                              If we solidly say STeiner profounded the greatest Festive FEast and
                              food, the most wonderful full Christmas Turkey, or ThanksGiving
                              turkey that feed the dead and the living as well as the five
                              thousand of the fifth epoch, well dig into the feast and frankly I
                              don't care what area of the bird you start enjoying, but heavens
                              sake chew don't just pick.

                              http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer127.html

                              "Just before Christmas, my three daughters, their husbands, and I
                              went to see the movie Narnia. I have never been attracted to
                              fantasy: listening to politicians and other collectivists spin out
                              the blueprints of their air castles has been enough for me. It is
                              for much the same reason that, unlike so many of my libertarian
                              acquaintances, I have never been the least bit interested in science
                              fiction. Contrary to what others might think, I am not a utopian. I
                              am only interested in discovering the kinds of realistic social
                              arrangements that can overcome the destructiveness of our
                              institutionalized conditioning, and foster the free, peaceful, and
                              cooperative qualities that provide what the late Joseph Campbell
                              termed the "invisible means of support" to life. In this search, I
                              have found a number of thinkers quite valuable as catalysts for the
                              development of my own understanding.

                              "Human cognition and conceptualization of the world is inherently
                              divisive (i.e., we categorize our experiences in terms of
                              the "living" and "non-living," of "furniture" and "non-furniture,"
                              etc.). Our minds are probably incapable of functioning in any other
                              manner. At the same time, however, we are able to be aware that this
                              is how we think. Such an awareness allows us to intuit a wholeness
                              to the world that transcends the dualistic patterns upon which our
                              conscious minds insist.

                              "C.S. Lewis and Ayn Rand come to mind as two persons who have played
                              a role in the transformation of my own thinking. I am not
                              a "religious" person (at least in the conventional sense of that
                              word), nor do I consider myself an "objectivist." Nonetheless, I
                              have found an exploration of the intelligent religious inquiries –
                              such as provided by Lewis, Joseph Campbell, Elaine Pagels, et al. –
                              and the atheistic writings of Rand – along with Robert Ingersoll,
                              George Smith, and other intelligent minds on the topic – most
                              helpful in the development of my own thinking.

                              "If one pushes the thinking of C.S. Lewis up against that of Ayn
                              Rand, one can discover an area within which the seemingly
                              irreconcilable "opposites" of "religion" and "reason" can dissolve
                              into a kind of interrelatedness that is integrative, rather than
                              divisive, of the qualities that are conducive to life. So informed,
                              life takes on a deeper spiritual dimension than can be found in the
                              well-memorized doctrines and dogmas that accompany the fragmented
                              and isolated pursuit of understanding.

                              "The problem I have with such stories relates to how they are
                              presented to children. An important aspect of learning how to
                              explore the interrelatedness of apparent opposites has to do with
                              how we think of ourselves. Carl Jung is one of many persons who has
                              focused attention on the human tendency to "project" personal
                              characteristics onto others. Most of us are familiar with this
                              practice in projecting our "dark side" fears onto "scapegoats," who
                              we then punish for the shortcomings we have about ourselves.
                              Politics could not survive without our largely unconscious
                              willingness to project fears of our own dishonesty, violence,
                              laziness, bigotry, greed, irresponsibility, or other self-doubts,
                              onto others, against whom the state promises to act."