Dawn of the Living Dead

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2005
      Through this entire season we have followed The Foundation Stone and
      Dr. Steiner past all Hallows Eve, into Kamaloca, behind the
      threshold, all the way into Christ and the Underworlds, and vividly
      took hold of the mighty battle of the gods over the skeleton of
      humanity. Now of course we are past All Souls Day, where we had
      followed Judas over the threshold. It was my intention to follow the
      season upon us with new insights in the workings of how the Living
      and the Dead approach Spiritual Science and how cognition
      experiences the flow of the year.

      Now that we have passed beyond the gates of Kamaloca and are in the
      Underworlds we view all the great Anthros who have taken a stand
      before us. We live with their close proximity to Dr. Steiner, we
      live with their style of thinking, their better courage and their
      noble efforts against all odds. Great Anthros who have spoken out,
      defined, opposed the mainstream of dumbed down history and science,
      leaped into Waldorf Education as teachers, artists, handwork
      experts, poets, scientists, playwrights and took hold of Down
      Syndrome Villagers and followed the trail to the Etheric Christ
      ahead of us. They delved into regions of unexplored and undigested
      Consciousness Soul areas and had much less international instant
      sharing of thoughts and ideas. Many are the Anthro, now over the
      Threshold, that I knew, respected, talked with and admired, but
      their cause and their insights work deeply into my insights. What do
      the Living think of the Dead and what do the Dead think of the
      Living?

      http://www.lewrockwell.com/bonner/bonner169.html

      "Oh, progress! Thou art forever making things better, aren't thou?
      Throw out the sacred books – what are they, but the thoughts of dead
      imbeciles? Forget the old rules, old wives' tales, old traditions
      and habits of old generations, old-timers' superstitions, the old
      fuddy-duddies' doubts! We are the cleverest humans who have ever
      lived, right?

      Maybe. But if we could convene a council from the spirit world and
      invite the dead to have their say, what would the corpses tell us?
      Veni et vidi. Gaze on the dead, and learn their secrets. No one
      seems to care about dead people. No stockbrokers ask for their
      business. No politicians pander for their votes. No one cares what
      they think or what they may have learned before they shucked their
      mortal shell.

      They get no respect, just a quick send-off, and then they are on
      their own. What did the old-timers know of war? Of politics? Of
      love? Of money? If only we could ask!

      Years ago, investors wanted more from a stock than just the hope
      that someone might come along who was willing to pay more for it.
      They wanted a stock that paid a dividend out of earnings. When heard
      about a stock, they asked: "How much does it pay?" That was what
      investing was all about.

      But by the 1990s, the old-timers on Wall Street had almost all died
      off. Stock buyers no longer cared how much the company earned or how
      large a dividend it paid. All they cared about was that some greater
      fool would come along and take the stock off their hands at a higher
      price. And the fools rushed in. And now the market is full of
      greater and greater fools who think the stock market is there to
      make them rich. What would the old-timers think of them?

      And what would our dead ancestors think of our mortgages? Most of
      them had small mortgages, if any at all, on their homes. And if they
      had them, they couldn't wait to get rid of them. (Even our own
      parents held little parties to celebrate finally paying off the
      mortgage on the family home.) What would our forebears think if they
      were to learn that the richest generation in American history has
      mortgaged a greater share of its homes than any in history? What
      would they think of no-money-down mortgages, minimum payment plans,
      and negative amortization schedules?

      And what would the old-timers think of our government debt? The
      unpaid liabilities and obligations, expressed as though they had to
      be paid today, come to about $44 trillion, depending on the source
      you choose to believe.

      And what do the generations of Republicans, now in their graves, who
      believed so strongly in balanced budgets for so many years, think of
      the republicano in the White House, who has proposed the most
      unbalanced budgets in history?

      And what about the millions of dead Americans who immigrated to the
      United States to find freedom; what do they think of the country
      now? They came believing that if they minded their own business,
      they would be left alone to do what they wanted. But now, every
      pettifogging Pecksniff with a government service (GS) rating is on
      their grandchildren's case.

      And what about those millions of dead people who scrimped and saved –
      who got by on almost nothing – so their children and grandchildren
      might live free, prosperous, and independent lives? What would they
      think of their descendants, so deep in debt and so dependent on
      Asian lenders that they can barely pass a Chinese restaurant without
      bending over and kissing the pavement?

      Each generation seems to think they are the first to stand upright,
      that their mothers and fathers walked on four legs and howled at the
      moon! Even when the living feign admiration for same fallen
      forebear, it is usually without paying of the least attention to
      what the poor schmuck actually said or knew. The dead leave us their
      memoirs, their gospels, their histories, and their constitutions –
      for what is a constitution but a pact with the dead? – and we ignore
      them. We seem to believe that all that they suffered, all they went
      through, all the mistakes they made, hold no more interest for us
      than a comment by a sunstruck contestant in a TV survival
      show: "This is . . . like . . . weird . . ."