Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: I love a mystery

  • Frank Smith
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 2, 2005
      Dottie, Bacon may have been involved in the King James
      version of the Bible, but please forget about the
      Baconian heresy, i.e., that he really wrote
      Shakespeare's plays and poems:
      "It comes down to this: Shakespeare could not make
      himself a supreme man of letters without benefit of
      something better than a free grammar school education.
      And that he had nothing more than this seems evident.
      There is no record of his going to the university. He
      was married in his teens and, besides, where was the
      money to come from? But it is nonsense to suppose that
      high art needs high learning. Any peasant can teach
      himself to write, and write well. Any peasant can, by
      reading the appropriate books and by keeping his
      senses alert, give the illusion of great knowledge of
      the world. The plays of Shakespeare, through the
      trickery of the artist, give the illusion that their
      creator has travelled widely, practiced all the
      learned professions, bent his supple knee in courts
      domestic and foreign. The brilliant surface suggests
      an erudition and an expeerience that need not, in
      fact, be there: the artist does not have to be a
      courtier, teveller or scholar, though it may be his
      task to create such men out of his imagination. The
      Baconians and the rest of the heretics are deluded
      into thinking that a work of art is of the same order
      as a work of scholarship: this play shows a knowledge
      of the law, therefore the playwright must have studied
      the law; that play is set in Upper Mongolia, therefore
      the playwright must have travelled thither. There are
      no baconians among practising literary artists, and
      there never have been: they no too much about the
      workings of the minds of professional writers..."
      Anthony Burgess: "Shakespeare"
      to be continued.
      Frank
      --- dottie zold <dottie_z@...> wrote:

      > Okay Frank, here is one of my posts from before. It
      > is a link from
      > December of last year. I didn't realize it denotes
      > the date of 1611 as
      > the outing of the King James version. Very
      > interesting numbers as it
      > does correspond with the stream of 1616 as the
      > death: 11 as the twins
      > as well as the John 11:1 for the raising of Lazarus.
      > Whew. anyhow, here
      > it is and it refers to the '46th'.
      >
      > http://www.sirbacon.org/links/bible.html

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Frank Smith
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 2, 2005
        --- dottie zold <dottie_z@...> wrote:

        Sir Bacon
        > died 1616 and these numbers coincide with something
        > do with the marriage of Sir Shakespeare to a woman
        > 28
        > years or so his senior.

        *8* years his senior.
        Frank

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 2, 2005
          I think it was 28 years but I shall check again. I
          think I was also wrong on the death of Bacon. It's
          been a while.

          __________________________________
          http://farechase.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 2, 2005
            Hey Frank,

            the 1616 date is actually Shakespeare's death that I
            attributed to Lord Bacon. And, yes, you are right that
            she was 8 years older. I think the 28 came from the
            date they were married which was the 28th of November.

            Well I have to say, I had never heard that Shakespeare
            and Bacon were one until I had found that Bacon was
            involved with the King James version of the bible. And
            I don't know if I read it first or intuited it first.
            I am wont to believe that I intuited it first and then
            went and looked for the goods. That is the same way
            that the Magdalene appeared in my search of the Sophia
            mystery which I didn't know even existed.

            Anyhow, I feel a bit tender inside and as I tend to go
            in head first and with all fours I think I shall just
            contemplate these things from afar. I find myself not
            ready for a new mystery that has such angst around it
            as the Magdalene did. I mean to knowingly go into
            something where everyone already has difinitive views
            and where insult punches get thrown left and right
            seem not to be my cup of tea today.

            I've done a lot of research on those two men and
            inwardly they suggest one being although Dr. STeiner
            did say that one being worked through the three of
            them specifically, so that could be it. And I guess
            we can know that this Being was of the Sophian nature
            or so it appears to me. I've said it before and I
            shall say it again, there is no way those two men
            lived in such close quarters and did not know of one
            another and did not work together in some fashion. The
            works and words of both are intermingled and I can not
            put it down to 'that was the way they spoke in those
            days'. There seems to be a working relationship
            between the two of them if they are indeed two. I am
            of the mind at this point that they are indeed two but
            closely linked. I think that is what all the
            Rosecrucian imagery stands for in Bacons work: Twins.
            And that would put Bacon as the thinker(Aristotle) and
            Shakespeare as the feeler(Plato) although maybe with
            the two together as one we find the Anthroposophia
            working through her timeline. They both seemed to have
            harkened unto Sophia and yet they did so in very
            different yet the same outward manner.

            love, d

            __________________________________
            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Frank Smith
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 2, 2005
              "...'A snapper-up of unconsidered trifles' - that is
              Autolycus in The Winter's Tale; it is also Shakespeare
              and, indeed, any writer of drama or narrative fiction.
              The writer needs a scrap of psycho-analytical
              terminology: he does not have to read the whole of
              Freud; he merely has to filch something from a
              paperback glossary or a learned man met on a bus. He
              needs to know somethjing about Madagasgar of Cipango,
              so he asks a sailor who has been there. You may know
              the fiction writer by his library, whose contents
              flatter neither the eye nor the owner's capacity for
              systematic reading. Instead of phalanges of rich
              uniform bindings, there are old racing guides,
              dog-eared astrological almanacs, comic periodicals.
              second-hand dictionaries, un-scholarly history books,
              notebooks full of odd facts, picked up in Lying-in
              hospitas or taxidermist's shops. When Shakespeare
              achieved a library, if he ever did, we can be sure it
              was not like Bacon's..." to be continued.

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/rAWabB/gYnLAA/i1hLAA/I3dslB/TM

              __________________________________
              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            • Frank Smith
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 2, 2005
                "What no amount of academic training can bestow on a
                potential writer is the gift of words. It can add to
                his vocabulary, as can a sojourn among Billingsgate
                porters or beatniks, but it cannot teach the
                fundamental skill of putting words together in new and
                surprising patterns which, miraculously, reflect some
                previously unguessed truth about life. Shakespeare's
                supreme power in the exploitation of his native tongue
                sprang from a natural endowment, but it could only be
                fostered by the use and observation and love of
                English, a subject not taught in schools."