Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: The Last Supper Study

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 27, 2005
      Hey Val,

      I am wondering if we can have a study of the hidden
      symbols of the Last Supper? Can you look at Rembrandts
      sketch of the Last Supper, and then a look at Da
      Vinci's painting to see where it is that Rembrandt got
      his inspiration from within the Da Vinci painting.
      Rembrandt's sketch is a sketch of Da Vinci's
      specifically. And in that there are some very
      interesting things being uneathed that I believe tell
      a fuller story and one that includes the Sophia within
      it. Does that appeal to your sense of study in anyway
      or were you thinking of a different one? And in that
      case we could talk about that.

      Interesting note on the putting it up to the mirror.
      My new friend just shared a few photos from her time
      in France and one of them, wow it is so interesting,
      one of them has the mother with two children, the one
      on her left hand is dead, and the one in her arm is
      the archtypal Jesus. It appears as if we have the two
      Jesus children and the Mother Mary. But what is
      interesting is that a man is holding, or a figure is
      holding a mirror up to the Mother's face. Its actually
      incredible. But what just came to me is that the young
      lifeless Jesus boy is on the left hand, which
      typically is that of the feminine principles. Yet,
      what we know from Dr. Steiner, is that this boy's, now
      depicted as being on the left, spirit went into the
      other child at the age of 12.

      Wow, okay...............something about
      ..........................damn.

      Well, would you like to look at this hidden symbols of
      the painting? It doesn't have to be now it could be at
      a time you think might be better for taking up this
      particular study.

      All good things,
      Dottie

      p.s. Dennis Klocek. What can I say. He spoke on the
      sense of urgency. And I have been given the word,
      inwardly to work on: Purposefullness. Throughout the
      day it just comes to me and I am to question what is
      my purposefullness in this moment or in this day. At
      the end of the day I am to question what was my
      purposefullness.

      And it is interesting as the one word he used that we
      should look to was 'steadfastness' and that was the
      word I worked with for over five years now. I worked
      specifically with steadfastness. It was the only word
      that came to me when meditating on a virtue. Now, I
      have a new one. And I like this one as I was a bit
      jealous that I had to make up my own word and not have
      a teacher give it to me as Dr. Steiner suggests in the
      Essoteric Guidance book. But this time, I heard it
      inwardly and was conscious of it. And I like that.
      Maybe the last time I was unaware or unconscious of
      where the word came from but I worked with it. This
      time I could hear it.

      http://farechase.yahoo.com