Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Christ in America - Underworld levels

  • Joel Wendt
    Message 1 of 154 , Sep 29, 2005
      Steve Hale wrote:

      > Well Joel, these facts are rather well known. First, look at
      > Steiner's autobiography, or better, look at what Tarjei Straume has
      > written about it, i.e., Tucker, Mackay involvement c. 1898. As for
      > POF into Theosophy, this should be common knowledge. Steiner got a
      > new group of listeners when the old intellectuals refused to take
      > him seriously. You should know that. Theosophy was a metamorphosis.

      Steve,

      You didn't answer my questions, you just made a slightly different
      blanket statement. Again, to make it simpler and to limit it just to
      one question, which I'll write a little differently: What is the core
      concept of the Philosophy of Freedom to which you refer?

      warm regards,
      joel
    • holderlin66
      Message 154 of 154 , Jan 19, 2006
        We sometimes wait for some very solid commentary on thoughts we have
        raised and research we have made in the Michael School. Well here is
        some very solid commentary on some of our previous research
        together. The Nine Beatitudes and the Nine Woes were discussed way
        back under the above heading theme, but it took this amount of time,
        from then till now, to have something ripen in the thought world
        that could only be sketched at the time. And at that time, back
        then, we were considering the NINES, the depths of the Nines and its
        impact upwards into the Foundations Stone Meditation and the
        Ninefoldness lodged in Dante, the Norse, the Aztecs and at the core
        of the I AM structure. Some of you might remember this discussion.

        Below I bring the new aspects that the world provides for those who
        remain awake but not knowing where to apply the depth of the model
        of the Beatitudes to the structure of the human being and the
        science of being human, others offer the Michael School their best
        richness, if you can find it.

        And of course in all the wonderful threads that arise on this list,
        we naturally lose all navigational ordering and placement as to what
        we are looking for in ourselves and the universe. We Anthros
        actually lose what we were thinking about because we place so little
        value on it, yet the world continues to think and each person places
        a high value on their strivings. And if we came over some similar
        sounding territory, we, Anthros, would more than likely not
        recognize it if it bit us in the ass.

        Below is a very, very rich addition to the thoughts we unfolded
        regarding the Woes and the Sermon on the Mount.

        Pharisee Nation
        by John Dear

        "We have become a culture of Pharisees. Instead of practicing an
        authentic spirituality of compassion, nonviolence, love and peace,
        we as a collective people have become self-righteous, arrogant,
        powerful, murderous hypocrites who dominate and kill others in the
        name of God. The Pharisees supported the brutal Roman rulers and
        soldiers, and lived off the comforts of the empire by running an
        elaborate banking system which charged an exorbitant fee for
        ordinary people just to worship God in the Temple. Since they taught
        that God was present only in the Temple, they were able to control
        the entire population. If anyone opposed their power or violated
        their law, the Pharisees could kill them on the spot, even in the
        holy sanctuary.

        "Most North American Christians are now becoming more and more like
        these hypocritical Pharisees. We side with the rulers, the bankers,
        and the corporate millionaires and billionaires. We run the
        Pentagon, bless the bombing raids, support executions, make nuclear
        weapons and seek global domination for America as if that was what
        the nonviolent Jesus wants. And we dismiss anyone who disagrees with
        us.

        "We have become a mean, vicious people, what the bible calls "stiff-
        necked people." And we do it all with the mistaken belief that we
        have the blessing of God.

        "In the past, empires persecuted religious groups and threatened
        them into passivity and silence. Now these so-called Christians run
        the American empire, and teach a subtle spirituality of empire to
        back up their power in the name of God. This spirituality of empire
        insists that violence saves us, might makes right, war is justified,
        bombing raids are blessed, nuclear weapons offer the only true
        security from terrorism, and the good news is not love for our
        enemies, but the elimination of them. The empire is working hard
        these days to tell the nation--and the churches--what is moral and
        immoral, sinful and holy. It denounces certain personal behavior as
        immoral, in order to distract us from the blatant immorality and
        mortal sin of the U.S. bombing raids which have left 100,000 Iraqis
        dead, or our ongoing development of thousands of weapons of mass
        destruction. Our Pharisee rulers would have us believe that our wars
        and our weapons are holy and blessed by God.

        "In the old days, the early Christians had big words for such
        behavior, such lies. They were called "blasphemous, idolatrous,
        heretical, hypocritical and sinful." Such words and actions were
        denounced as the betrayal, denial and execution of Jesus all over
        again in the world's poor. But the empire needs the church to bless
        and support its wars, or at least to remain passive and silent. As
        we Christians go along with the Bush administration and the American
        empire, we betray Jesus, renounce his teachings, and create
        a "Church of Christ without Christ," as Flannery O'Connor foresaw.

        "Troublemaking Nonviolence, the Measure of the Gospel

        "The first thing we Christians have to do in this time is not to
        become good Pharisees. Instead, we have to try all over again to
        follow the dangerous, nonviolent, troublemaking Jesus. I believe
        war, weapons, corporate greed and systemic injustice are an
        abomination in the sight of God. They are the definition of mortal
        sin. They mock God and threaten to destroy God's gift of creation.
        If you want to seek the living God, you have to pit your entire life
        against war, weapons, greed and injustice--and their perpetrators.
        It is as simple as that.

        "Every religion, including Islam, Judaism, Hinduism and Buddhism, is
        rooted in nonviolence, but I submit that the only thing we know for
        sure about Jesus is that he was nonviolent and so, nonviolence is
        the hallmark of Christianity and the measure of authentic Christian
        living. Jesus commands that we love one another, love our neighbors,
        seek justice, forgive those who hurt us, pray for our persecutors,
        and be as compassionate as God. But at the center of his teaching is
        the most radical declaration ever uttered: "love your enemies."

        "If we dare call ourselves Christian, we cannot support war or
        nuclear weapons or corporate greed or executions or systemic
        injustice of any kind. If we do, we may well be devout American
        citizens, but we no longer follow the nonviolent Jesus. We have
        joined the hypocrites and blasphemers of the land, beginning with
        their leaders in the White House, the Pentagon and Los Alamos.

        "Jesus resisted the empire, engaged in nonviolent civil disobedience
        in the Temple, was arrested by the Pharisees, tried by the Roman
        governor and executed by Roman soldiers. If we dare follow this
        nonviolent revolutionary, we too must resist empire, engage in
        nonviolent civil disobedience against U.S. warmaking and imperial
        domination, and risk arrest and imprisonment like the great modern
        day disciples, Martin Luther King, Jr., Dorothy Day and Philip
        Berrigan.

        "If we do not want to be part of the Pharisaic culture and do want
        to follow the nonviolent Jesus, we have to get in trouble just as
        Jesus was constantly in trouble for speaking the truth, loving the
        wrong people, worshipping the wrong way, and promoting the wrong
        things, like justice and peace. We have to resist this new American
        empire, as well as its false spirituality and all those who claim to
        be Christian yet support the murder of other human beings. We have
        to repent of the sin of war, put down the sword, practice Gospel
        nonviolence, and take up the cross of revolutionary nonviolence by
        loving our enemies and discovering what the spiritual life is all
        about.

        "Just because the culture and the cultural church have joined with
        the empire and its wars does not mean that we all have to go along
        with such heresy, or fall into despair as if nothing can be done. It
        is never too late to try to follow the troublemaking Jesus, to join
        his practice of revolutionary nonviolence and become authentic
        Christians. We may find ourselves in trouble, even at the hands of
        so-called Christians, just as Jesus was in trouble at the hands of
        the so-called religious leaders of his day. But this very trouble
        may lead us back to those Beatitude blessings."

        holderlin previously wrote:

        Understanding the symptomology of the events of the world we can
        follow the political themes, the intellectual themes and lifes
        spiritual themes, under the heading of the wrong way to think about
        living reality. A building force of the shadow, the double, the
        failed concepts of education. The ninefold Foundation Stone and the
        ninefold failures of the inner corruption of the inner earth
        mysteries in the core of the human soul. Each Woe, could either be
        contrasted to a Beatitude or each Woe explored with current moral
        insights into our Political world. Stages and layers of corruption
        and deterioriation of the integration of the I AM complex with the
        internal core of the I AM.

        10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even
        Christ.

        11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

        12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that
        shall humble himself shall be exalted.

        [ONE] 13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for
        ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in
        yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

        [TWO] 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye
        devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer:
        therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

        [THREE] 15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye
        compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye
        make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

        [FOUR] 16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever
        shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear
        by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

        17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the
        temple that sanctifieth the gold?

        18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but
        whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.

        19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the
        altar that sanctifieth the gift?

        20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by
        all things thereon.

        21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him
        that dwelleth therein.

        22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God,
        and by him that sitteth thereon.

        [FIVE] 23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye
        pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the
        weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these
        ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

        24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

        [SIX] 25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye
        make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within
        they are full of extortion and excess.

        26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup
        and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

        [SEVEN] 27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye
        are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful
        outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all
        uncleanness.

        28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within
        ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

        [EIGHT] 29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
        because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the
        sepulchres of the righteous,

        30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not
        have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

        31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the
        children of them which killed the prophets.

        32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

        33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the
        damnation of hell?

        34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and
        scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of
        them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from
        city to city:

        [NINE] 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed
        upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of
        Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the
        altar.

        36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this
        generation.

        37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and
        stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have
        gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens
        under her wings, and ye would not!

        38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. "

        Bradford concludes;

        Dementia the loss of coherent language, addictive dysfunctional
        behavior, vast, mass blocs of souls who block their own thinking
        and "strain at a gnat and swallow a camel". Just taking this phrase
        of the inability to see either truth or the essential form the non-
        essential, the idea of SPIN and current ideas that see clearly
        before ones eyes, not only a President with Dementia, but straight
        up Lies like the Downing Street Memo and our troupes dying for a lie
        but the Media, the giant media constantly straining for gnats so we
        can continue to swallow the camel...

        Sometimes we might refer to this as the Elephant in the room. But
        without a doubt if we take the Foundation Stone of the Nine in sets
        of Threes, we can measure the dementia going deeper and deeper into
        the vast deception and ahrimanic darkness of the I AM when we look
        at the Woes. In GWB we can see that his relation to the Archangel
        world and thinking and speech did not reach deeply enough with his
        after life experiences. GWB has come down into incarnation with
        deliberate incapacities in the area where thinking, idealism,
        speech, the Word and sense of I AM might be alive, aren't in him

        What he has done and what others can testify they have done with
        drugs, drinking, cocaine, and malicious rebellion and self
        destructive behavior is a litany of crippling, killing, numbing and
        rejecting the higher soul faculties. It would be merciful, as with
        Ronald Reagan to watch his internal capacities dissolve. But what
        tragedy does a country have and do individuals maintain in
        themselves if they do not seek the idealism of thought, poetry,
        music and intuition out of ever deeper and more intimate regions of
        the I AM. For the I AM is nourished and becomes the sensitive core
        of higher and higher birthing of faculties.

        These higher faculties take us upwards into the vast regions that
        the Foundations Stone and the Dodecahedron of Steiner' explore.