Re: Continuity

    Message 1 of 60 , Sep 2, 2005
      Stephen C.:
      > I just thought of something else involved with continuity. I mentioned
      > something about the ancestors. Although this is dealt with somewhat
      > secondarily in Anthroposphy, Steiner made enough references to Ch.
      > Rosencreutz, Zarathustra, etc. so that we should have some sensitivity
      > to the issue, which is the same regardless of the tradition involved.

      Again, Stephen, I see the issue differently. I see it as a
      resposibility not a sensitivety for the personality. It is a
      responsibility to carry on the message in a non corrupt form. The
      Rosecrucians have returned in another form although it seems to me that
      they mostly have to work from the spiritual worlds versus the earthly
      world. And that may have something to do with corruption of their
      symbols and such. What is interesting these things can not be corrupted
      in Anthroposophy because they do not exist in that specific manner.
      Rather it is what we each find within ourselves and what we commit to
      the hole that carries forward.

      I am not worried about my earthly ancestors as I consider every human
      being my ancestor in many different forms. Rather it is what must be
      wrought on behalf of mankind and the universe that one has to have a
      sense of responsibility. And nothing more. I understand the idea of
      working with the dead and with helping those that have gone before us
      as it is really us here on the earthly plain that can make a difference
      to those already passed. I mean it seems, from what Mr. Prokofieff
      shared at the workshop, that this also is for the Angels as we here
      have achieved the I before they and so our work helps them for their
      future evolution as well.

      Stephen C:
      > And that is Tradition; something which is at the heart of Traditional
      > cultures. We might learn something from them in this regard.
      >
      > There is also the principle of the Seven Generations; that
      > decision-making processes need to take into account how the
      > generations seven forward and seven back would view the proposals. In
      > an active traditions, the Ancestors are present in this.

      See, I don't know if I agree with this so much and would like to see
      some writing on this. And yes, I will ask for Dr. Steiner, as he is
      the principle guide that I am able to understand. I do not dispute what
      you share but I still would like to see what you think this means for
      Anthroposophy as a whole. My post to you was about people complaining
      about the Vorstand and no initiations and such yet I haven't had
      anything to chew on that speaks to what this has to do with people
      being their own teachers as such. I mean, what do you think of the
      point that Anthroposophy is not off track, and actually continued,
      albeit shaky at times and authorotative, to the place it was supposed
      to be? In the course of the intellectual soul and the understanding of
      what Freedom is supposed to be don't you think this was the best way
      for Anthroposophy to move forward: without one specific teacher to
      say 'I am the One'?

      Best,
      Message 60 of 60 , Sep 14, 2005
        Okay, I shall check on it. This book has some serious
        issues in it as for example the chapter noted as being
        Chapter 8 has the inside pages noted as Chapter 7. And
        I think its going to have to go into reprint as it is
        one that speaks directly to this understanding of the
        Being Anthroposophia in the community and the
        importance of continuing forward as a Society that has
        impact.

        Best,

        http://mail.yahoo.com