Content, Context, Contact

  • deborah byron
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
      in this Urn room the ashes of
      > hundreds and hundreds of Anthros are in individual Dodechahedron
      > crystals. Some clear, others with different colors, hundreds of
      > fomer Michael School souls ashes are in those Dodecahedron. I know
      > because I was the keeper of that room for three years.

      For several reasons I've been looking into 'green burials' lately, a type
      of burial in which the unembalmed body is laid to rest directly in the
      earth in a simple shroud, wooden or cardboard box etc., leaving behind the
      necessity for a tomb, a casket, and the absurd expenses of conventional
      funeral services. I find myself questioning the purpose of one's ashes
      being placed in the manner described above--is there some effect gained,
      for the individuals--for humanity, in leaving a remnant of one's body
      behind in this particular way?
    • Stephen Clarke
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
        Dear Deborah:

        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "deborah byron"
        <laquerencia@c...> wrote:

        > in this Urn room the ashes of
        > > hundreds and hundreds of Anthros are in individual Dodechahedron
        > > crystals....
        > I find myself questioning the purpose of one's ashes
        > being placed in the manner described above--is there some effect
        gained,
        > for the individuals--for humanity, in leaving a remnant of one's body
        > behind in this particular way?

        You know, Deborah, I wish there was someone here that was more
        conversant in such matters than am I - it's deep occult territory -
        but my intuition, based upon some familiarity with the issues involved
        via amy work with R. J. Stewart (esp. those having to do with
        Sleepers), is that I am also doubtful about what might be going on.
        Binding the dead to the earth-realm is a matter fraught with
        consequences, and I think that is what is going on. When my ashes get
        scraped out of the oven, I hope they get dispersed ASAP (unless I get
        green-buried, that is). Not that any of them (the issues or
        intentions) need be bad, but great skill as well as great wisdom is
        required.
        One of the Seven Sacred Rites of the Sioux, as brought to them by Pte
        San Win was on of binding the spirits of the deceased elders to the
        tribe - but only for a specified period of time, at the end of which
        there was a releasing ceremony. In the meantime, such bound souls
        participated intimately in the cultural life of the people. The were
        not"teh dead"; they had sinmply "gone back."
        Ritual internment of "saints" whether by Catholic church via relics or
        even whole cadavers underneath the altars or in the Mesoamerican
        pyramids is/was S. O. P.
        Are there any in the Society at Dornach who are capable of occulty
        overseeing the aaims of such internment. And what is the purpose of
        such internment? Are those whose ashes are retained there aware of
        what use may be made of their remants; is there consent to whaatever
        occult process in which they are engaed? Or is this atavistic Sentient
        Soul activity?

        I really do wonder.

        Stephen

        I'm not saying its bad, only that I wonder whether whatever is going
        on is conscious - something that certainly should be a priority in the
        Age of the Coonsciousness Soul.
      • Steve Hale
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
          Did Bradford say he was keeper of the room for three years?
          Creepy. Especially if he was conscious. The URN Room. Wow.

          See, this is the pure cultic crap that exists today. And Bradford
          was there. Now I think I understand why we get these long, self-
          indulgent pieces of personal glorification. Gonzo Bradford. I
          think he said he also swabbed out the offices.

          Steve

          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Clarke"